ForumsNews and FeedbackLive Chat Suggestion

504 162829
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To avoid so many duplicate threads, please place your ideas and thoughts on a live chat system here.

Initially, we weren't going to do a live chat, but enough users asked for it that Dan has agreed, and we'll add a live chat to the system AFTER we launch AG3. It will NOT be part of the AG3 launch.

Ideas that others have suggested:
- custom channels
- password-protected channels
- kick/ban controls
- moderation controls
- report a user

We don't know yet if the chat will be Flash based, Java based, or something else.

• 504 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

What we need is a community manager to take charge and appoint people objectively based more on qualifications than on how the mods feel about them personally. I see plenty of potential candidates every day who I think would do a perfect job and meet every qualification, so they can't pull the "no good candidates" card this round.

A community manager who would take recommendations into consideration. Some people recommend people who would clearly make a good mod, who fits all the criteria. [Why yes, I do have someone in mind], yet they get overlooked and recommendations seem to be frowned upon.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Some people recommend people who would clearly make a good mod, who fits all the criteria. [Why yes, I do have someone in mind], yet they get overlooked and recommendations seem to be frowned upon.

Yeah, but most of the time it's friends recommending friends. A system of solely recommending would be filled with spam, but if they were to add in the Cormyn software to automatically delete the users that don't fit the criteria, it would work out well. They'd probably only get a handful of recommendations who fit the criteria, and it'd show them who to watch over.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Yeah, but most of the time it's friends recommending friends. A system of solely recommending would be filled with spam, but if they were to add in the Cormyn software to automatically delete the users that don't fit the criteria, it would work out well. They'd probably only get a handful of recommendations who fit the criteria, and it'd show them who to watch over.

Mhm, they would need some form of criteria seach [Either cormyns or similar], but likeability should work in someone who is already "considered". I get what you mean about friends being all "My friend should be mod" and people asking to be recommended etc. I just think that if there's a valid reason, maybe they should look into it. I mean there's one person i have in mind that would make an excellent mod who i'm not "friends" with, and i think he might be a person who the software would pick up.

Pity.
chowafu
chowafu
8 posts
Shepherd

this should be good for me so i can tell anyone online for some tips

thejax123
thejax123
45 posts
Nomad

Allowing non mebers to be guests for a limited time,to chat more they must register.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Allowing non mebers to be guests for a limited time,to chat more they must register.

More negatives than positives. Guests can't be banned, so they can do whatever they want.
thejax123
thejax123
45 posts
Nomad

[quote]More negatives than positives. Guests can't be banned, so they can do whatever they want.
didn't really think about it,but you're right,they will just troll in live chat.

thejax123
thejax123
45 posts
Nomad

Maybe when non members go to live chat,they can only watch people chatting,to actually chat they must have an account.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

yeah that is great when will this happen

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Maybe when non members go to live chat,they can only watch people chatting,to actually chat they must have an account.

thats not exactly being fair to non-members,even though i am a member. i mean, everyone should have a chance.

yeah that is great when will this happen

agreed, i cant WAIT until that happens. the only problem here would be mods. if i am talking to my friend, i dont want some mod to be watching me (especialy if i am talking to my girlfriend or something). it just seems like people should be non-moderated in these chats so they can have some privacy.
thejax123
thejax123
45 posts
Nomad

thats not exactly being fair to non-members,even though i am a member. i mean, everyone should have a chance.

Problem is that if non members manages to chat,they can't be banned,they will just troll.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

i mean, everyone should have a chance.

What's keeping them from creating an account? It's not like you have to pay $500 a month to be a user here.
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

This would be nice since we have all these groups and what not forming in the threads...plus it would help if my messages would not be flooded. +1 to IM

_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

agreed, i cant WAIT until that happens. the only problem here would be mods. if i am talking to my friend, i dont want some mod to be watching me (especialy if i am talking to my girlfriend or something). it just seems like people should be non-moderated in these chats so they can have some privacy.

Well, to be honest, that's a good point but you shouldn't have personal conversations ( I mean PERSONAL conversations) on a gaming site...just saying.
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

if i am talking to my friend, i dont want some mod to be watching me

Mods are always watching you... it won't be any different from the way it is now!

(especialy if i am talking to my girlfriend or something)

Uhhh... why would you be talking to her here? Why can't you just talk to her via, I don't know... anything else! =P
Showing 421-435 of 504