ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: June 14, 2011. Codename: Mace

12 4445
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our next release will have more visible changes to the AG3 site which James has been working on such as featured game galleries, a new push notification system, and more. Phil and I will be working on more on some processes to handle administration of the site.

We're also starting our work on Achievements, but that won't be in our 14th release. As soon as I have a code name to report, I'll update the thread title.

• 12 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

As soon as I have a code name to report, I'll update the thread title.

Let's hope it's not as late as last time. Anyway, I'm looking forward to when AG3 becomes complete.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I wasn't here to see the updates a few days ago when it was released, at least I'm on now to see them. They're wonderful. I can't wait to see what's going to be in-store for this release.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Anyway, I'm looking forward to when AG3 becomes complete

i, personally, can't wait to see what the forums will be like. even though AG3 will be out, i won't think it will be "complete" until the forums come online.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already stated that the AG2 forums will be used on AG3 at launch, that a new forum engine will be one of our first priorities when AG3 is finished.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Today's release will be called Mace.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

From the prepared newsletter:

New Features
- New Featured Games on the Home page. Check out the brilliant way we show off our featured game, and let us know what you think of the new system!
- Sort games by Rating. Several users requested a way to sort games by Rating, so we've added that to the interface.
- We've added the "All" category. You asked, we built it. You will now see an "All" category on the menu bar where you can sort them by plays, age, and ratings.
- All new notification system. While you might not see all of the effects, we've streamlined how we're notifying you of things happening on the site with regards to your friends and followers. Please report any bugs you find.
- Ads. Love them or hate them, they're our bread and butter and help us bring you the best free online games. Let us know what you think.
- Public profile page: "Details" and "Games Submitted". We've added a new "Details" area to your public profile showing your age and birthdate (if you provide them) and a personal web site if you have one. Standard rules apply to linking to external sites! We've also added a "Games Submitted" area where you can see the games the user has submitted and were accepted to the site.
- Updates to the Play page for games. We've changed a few elements on the page where you play a game; some are more subtle than others. At the bottom of the page, we've made the description/controls area larger, and added a "You might also like..." area that we populate with a few games. We'll expand the "intelligence" of this list of games in future releases.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Achievements should be pretty cool. Are they going to have the armatar unlocks or are they just for the new point system points...whatever those are called.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, game developers have to build the achievement code into their games, so while we might have the system in place in our next release, it may take some time to actually get games to adopt our new library code to make achievements available to the users.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure if it's possible (or if you're even considering achievements for games already submitted), but some games that are also on Kongregate and have achievements could possibly just have those added to the games on armorgames?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, we can't use someone else's achievement system, we have to build our own.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Aside from the details part on the profiles being wrong, everything is good. I've been logging onto beta just about everyday since this new release to get used to it and to test things. I'm curious, how does AG know what country we are from? I don't remember if the register page asked for that detail, but I'd like to know how AG knows what country the users are from.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We use a GeoIP service lookup.

Showing 1-12 of 12