ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 140983
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
UserIame
UserIame
22 posts
Nomad

SHIELD ARMATAR COMBO !

By the way :

[/quote]The way you earn armor is by playing games <- MAke that upgrade![quote]

What do you mean by that ?

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

i think achievements will work but i would like to know what difference this would make to your profile on armor games would you be able to see a rundown of all the achievements you have earned in total over all the games by clicking a link on your profile?
also instead of achievements earning you ap there could be a way in which earning an achievement gets you something like different armatars im welcome to suggestions

weter506
weter506
159 posts
Nomad

Great idea,there is a achievemets as 100 games wins?

ledmonds
ledmonds
382 posts
Nomad

no adam because the achievement could be in a long list of games you have played so each game has a list within a list

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Every game that uses our Achievement system will have a custom list of Achievements. It'd be silly to force gamedevs to conform to a 'standard' list ... not every game, for example, could count "100 head-shots"

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Who decides how much AP is given per achievement?

And if it's the developers, what will stop one developer giving large amounts of AP for simple tasks?

We would cap it, and we would also have editorial control to make sure they don't give our maximum points for EVERY Achievement. The point is that very easy Achievements would get minimal points, but very difficult Achievements would get much higher points.
Hellsharky
Hellsharky
56 posts
Nomad

Love the idea
Hope you make it work.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

Will the achievements be listed as easy, medium, hard, and impossible or 5 points, 10 points, 30 points, and 60 points? Also, will the achievements have names or will it just be a picture and text telling you how to get it?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Will the achievements be listed as easy, medium, hard, and impossible or 5 points, 10 points, 30 points, and 60 points?

I think this is a better idea: Achievements can be worth anywhere from 5-30 points depending on difficulty. However, the points values should always be in multiples of 5.

Also, will the achievements have names or will it just be a picture and text telling you how to get it?

I think an achievement should have a name, picture, and the requirement to get it.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

I think that there should be an achievement for how much time someone has spent on armor games.... Also for leveling up.... Squire knight lord etc etc

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think that there should be an achievement for how much time someone has spent on armor games.... Also for leveling up.... Squire knight lord etc etc

I think it's been said that achievement will only be awarded for games. Also, the current ranking system might not happen in AG3.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I think that there should be an achievement for how much time someone has spent on armor games, Also for leveling up.... Squire knight lord etc etc

We've already said this won't happen. Unless someone changes Dan's mind on the issue.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Also, the current ranking system might not happen in AG3.

There's a sticky thread about ranks/ag-score, that talks about a wikipedia list of rank names that Ron and Larry are mulling over.
frozenfangs124
frozenfangs124
2 posts
Nomad

game's achievements should be saved in form of a badge on our accounts... and then we'll get points depending on how hard it is... then you could brag to your friends on how much you mastered the game

Unkown
Unkown
958 posts
Nomad

There should be a page on your profile for game achievements, and another one for stuff you do on AG. Maybe these achievements could give points, too.

Showing 136-150 of 484