ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141009
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
mabyeyesterday66
mabyeyesterday66
3 posts
Nomad

prohaps for each achievement you get you will get points depending opon its difficlty, like gamerscore on the xbox.

littleporkchop
littleporkchop
4 posts
Peasant

I am so happy to hear that the Achievement interface system is being built now!

sporetastic
sporetastic
13 posts
Nomad

I believe that mimicking what other sites do for an achievement system would be wrong. Armor games needs to stand out in the achievement system! I don't think you should get armor points for each achievement, more like armor points for your first 5 and then 15 then 50. If armor games adding something exotic, then more people would be drawn to playing. I'm not very creative on this so I am sure someone will think of a great way to take the achievement system to a new level!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I believe that mimicking what other sites do for an achievement system would be wrong. Armor games needs to stand out in the achievement system! I don't think you should get armor points for each achievement, more like armor points for your first 5 and then 15 then 50. If armor games adding something exotic, then more people would be drawn to playing

I think the appeal with achievements is it will make game-play more appealing and make those who pride themselves on gaming stand out more on the site: The fact this is how you will earn your score on the site makes the score mean more i guess.
The fact there will be a separation in score/rep is a great idea.

I don't think the 5, 10, 50 thing would work, because why not be merited for achieving your progress throughout games?

I know it's a similar system to Kongregate but i reckon it'll be executed on a greater scale here.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We don't know yet how many points will be given per achievement. We'll probably work with each game developer individually to implement achievements on the site.

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

You don't have to give achievements to EVERY game. But don't only give it to Armor Games made games. Just give it to a large amount of games. It would be copying other sites, but there isn't a better way for achievements.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

You don't have to give achievements to EVERY game. But don't only give it to Armor Games made games. Just give it to a large amount of games. It would be copying other sites, but there isn't a better way for achievements.

They never said they were planning on adding achievements for every game. They're planning them for the fairly popular games (Elephant Quest, Kingdom Rush, CTC, Exit Path, etc.).

And I do believe they are just gonna ask the AG game developers to add achievements to their games due to copyright issues as well as the off site developers giving a hard time about changing their game just for 1 website.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

But don't only give it to Armor Games made games

No, it'll be part of the AGI library that all game developers can use for things like online game save, high scores, etc.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

achievements are realy over-rated.
ive played super mario bros for years whitout a single achievement.
compleeting the game was a achievement on it's own. and there was no need to show-off your "skillz" whit achievements.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

achievements are realy over-rated.
ive played super mario bros for years whitout a single achievement.
compleeting the game was a achievement on it's own. and there was no need to show-off your "skillz" whit achievements.

AP gives purpose to achievements, so I don't think achievements are overrated.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

AP gives purpose to achievements, so I don't think achievements are overrated.

what does AP matter? is there something you can do whit it?
sofar i know it's just a number.

anyway i ment achievements in general. (or however they wanna call it on eatch console or website)
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

what does AP matter? is there something you can do whit it?

Ummm, no. But if you earn achievements on games, yes, you can show off that you've have done that. AP is like score, to keep track of your gaming process.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Ummm, no. But if you earn achievements on games, yes, you can show off that you've have done that. AP is like score, to keep track of your gaming process.

ow well nice for the people that care i guess.
i'm here for the games and forum. not for the AP =)
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

ow well nice for the people that care i guess.
i'm here for the games and forum. not for the AP =)

It's not about the AP. (Well, it will be to some people), but it's a great feature to have when you're playing the games - to get achievements based on your progress within the game. I think it will encourage more people to play the games fully - therefore more constructive criticism can be given too.
gamer1111111
gamer1111111
204 posts
Farmer

I agree with Jefferysinspiration, it's not about the AP but they add more depth to the site and therefore creat a funner environment for the users

Showing 151-165 of 484