ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141014
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Guys, I can't say very much about it yet, but trust me you're going to WANT to get achievements and points on AG3. Your profile page DEPENDS on it!

Pwnidge12
Pwnidge12
28 posts
Nomad

for the easy achievements it could be just a shield but for the medium achievements it could be a shield with one sword across it and for hard achievements it could be a shield with two swords across it.

i hope my ideas help!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

for the easy achievements it could be just a shield but for the medium achievements it could be a shield with one sword across it and for hard achievements it could be a shield with two swords across it.

That would be a good design, and I have a suggestion on point values:

Easy achievements: 5 AP
Medium achievements: 10 AP
Hard achievements: 20 AP
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

That would be a good design, and I have a suggestion on point values:

Remember that there's no AP on AGv3.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I know you can't give much away Corymn, but any hints towards the design of achievements, or is that still under consideration?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

So... We get more than armatars for AP?

All armatars appear to be available from the beginning. This is just what I've observed from closed beta, so perhaps when they add some sort of points, this may change.

But I don't recall anything being said about armatars being at different point values.
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Achivements should be awarded by having a certain number of games rated, comments, favourites, friends,...

No. This is discussion of in-game achievements, not on site achievements. Their could be off game achievements that cormyn might give away...
Pwnidge12
Pwnidge12
28 posts
Nomad

Dragongunner don't put ur blog in here!!

I've got another idea. The easy achievments could be a bronze shield, medium could be silver and hard could be gold all with my other idea to make awesome looks for the achievements

pe6pob
pe6pob
5 posts
Nomad

btw there must be some programmer achievments (platinum) like making best time on some games or beating the highest score

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Remember that there's no AP on AGv3.

I think he meant Achievement Points, hence the achievements :P[/quote]

It's called Armor Points, but they're for achievements.

So... We get more than armatars for AP?

All armatars appear to be available from the beginning. This is just what I've observed from closed beta, so perhaps when they add some sort of points, this may change.

True, but screensavers are being suggested with AP requirements.

btw there must be some programmer achievments (platinum) like making best time on some games or beating the highest score

A 3-difficulty achievement system has already been suggested, but a 4th difficulty could also work.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

True, but screensavers are being suggested with AP requirements.

Which I've already said is beyond the technical means of our staff.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Is it true that there will be no AP (Armor points) on AGv3?

There will be Armor Points on AG3, but they will be for game achievements rather than community involvement.
9nine
9nine
2 posts
Nomad

why do we have to have achievement [badges] like kongregate anyway?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It'll probably get people more involved in the gaming aspect of the site and people have been requesting them for a while.

Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

I think you should see what you have to do if you want to get an achievement

Showing 166-180 of 484