Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Achievements Suggestion

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 5:39pm

2timothy316

2timothy316

109 posts

Would the achievements be global over all of AG3? Or only specific to its own game?

I would think that if achievements were site-wide, people would feel inclined to play all the games on the site, which some people probably don't want to do.

In addition, when a game gets a bad rating, or it just really isn't that great, would achievements still apply to those games?

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 5:46pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,564 posts

Would the achievements be global over all of AG3? Or only specific to its own game?

I would think that if achievements were site-wide, people would feel inclined to play all the games on the site, which some people probably don't want to do.

In addition, when a game gets a bad rating, or it just really isn't that great, would achievements still apply to those games?

For each game, the developer decides whether to include achievements or not. As for being site-wide, I don't think there will be achievements for anything other than games. However, your score will be on your account and won't be specific to any game.

Posted Aug 3, '11 at 9:48pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,564 posts

Sorry if this is off topic you should beable to buy armatars with acheivements

It's been said that there will not be an AP requirement for any armatar in AG3.

Posted Aug 4, '11 at 2:04pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Each game will have its own specific Achievements. We have not discussed having other Achievements on the site itself, other than awarding some 'legacy' Achievements (with no points attached) for being a member on AG2, how many forum posts, etc., you had, that sort of thing.

when a game gets a bad rating, or it just really isn't that great, would achievements still apply to those games?

Good question. I think that if the developer adds Achievements to their game, users will play the game just to win points, as that's the only way to boost your "AG Score" and rank on the site, etc. If the game is horrible and nobody plays it long enough, then users just won't get those Achievements.

Posted Aug 8, '11 at 7:51pm

yz125

yz125

265 posts

Yes there should be Achievements based on this site and on games made by people who work on the site . It was kinda Kongregates idea tho , but that site is kind of childish in a way.

Posted Aug 9, '11 at 12:49pm

zizo90

zizo90

253 posts

Okay but i have question when will achievement will come to AGv3?
Will u cormyn say to us when it will come ?
and Is there AP in AGv3 cormyn ?

Posted Aug 9, '11 at 1:58pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,564 posts

AP in AGv3

Yes, there will be AP in AG3, but not for community involvement (as it is in AG2). Instead, you will get AP for achievements. Here's the thread for discussing the new kind of AP.

Posted Aug 12, '11 at 8:00am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

262 posts

Who decides how much AP is given per achievement?

And if it's the developers, what will stop one developer giving large amounts of AP for simple tasks?

Posted Aug 13, '11 at 7:50am

Maackaan

Maackaan

1 post

i love achievement systems in games and im sure most other people do too!

Posted Aug 13, '11 at 1:49pm

Zaklv11

Zaklv11

1 post

The way you earn armor is by playing games <- MAke that upgrade!

Reply to Achievements Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!