ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141015
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
dhudfw
dhudfw
6 posts
Nomad

I'm kind of a programmer my self and I admit that it would take a very long time, be very boring, and be extremely hard. If there were about 200 people working on adding achievements to every game and make an achievement system would take somewhere near 3 1/2 years, so yeah...

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I'm kind of a programmer my self and I admit that it would take a very long time, be very boring, and be extremely hard. If there were about 200 people working on adding achievements to every game and make an achievement system would take somewhere near 3 1/2 years, so yeah.

Armor games don't own/develop all the games on this site.
I assume they have communicated with other developed who would be willing to add achievements but i think for the most part it will be AGs own games within the initial achievement scenario.
JUSTnewHERE
JUSTnewHERE
33 posts
Jester

On how to get your Achievements sounds like Kongregate. I'm sorry if I said it, but it does sound like some other sites' ideas. Just saying..

superyetis
superyetis
6 posts
Peasant

i reckon game designers should get the option to put achievements in there game like complete the game on normal mode or someother aspect relating to their game

vistefan
vistefan
10 posts
Nomad

I think, achievement should to have an influence not only on armatars, e.t.c but on whole site (for examp. only people with some achievements can use best site's theme)

Nick_EX
Nick_EX
58 posts
Nomad

Yes, maybe it should unlock a few other things like account designs.

NickodemisBoslatine
NickodemisBoslatine
36 posts
Farmer

Having achievements would be real nice to have in all games and yea armor points per achievement should be necessary

Lucky34760
Lucky34760
14 posts
Peasant

I have a big question: What if a game doesn't include these achievements? Because obviously you can't force developers to include them. Will that mean they won't be published on AG? Because, personally, I'm going to go to another gaming site if AG doesn't publish all worthy material on here, even if the games do not accommodate themselves to your system.

eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

I have a big question: What if a game doesn't include these achievements? Because obviously you can't force developers to include them. Will that mean they won't be published on AG? Because, personally, I'm going to go to another gaming site if AG doesn't publish all worthy material on here, even if the games do not accommodate themselves to your system.

Well then only some games will have them some won't. That makes sense. Not all games On Kongregate have achievements.
MistySmoker
MistySmoker
11 posts
Nomad

I think their should be achievements outside the games too or simply more rounded. Something like how many games you played or how many comments you posted. But there should also be achievements in game. I think these things will encourage people to do more things around this site.

eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

I think their should be achievements outside the games too or simply more rounded. Something like how many games you played or how many comments you posted. But there should also be achievements in game. I think these things will encourage people to do more things around this site.

you already get poionts and ranks for stuff like that and would be silly.
latpasko
latpasko
295 posts
Nomad

there should be an achievement count in the profile, so you can know how many achievements you (or others) completed.

alialiali121212
alialiali121212
1 posts
Nomad

godd

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

What if a game doesn't include these achievements?

AG can add it themselves. They don't need to use the built in achievements in the game.
samblue234
samblue234
136 posts
Peasant

we could also be having badges such as:

easy: 5 points

medium: 15 points

hard: 30 points

impossible: 60 points

Each time you try passing a level, you would need a certain amout of points, such as for level 1 to 2, it would be like 25

Showing 256-270 of 484