ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141018
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
samblue234
samblue234
136 posts
Peasant

yep, its about time you did something like kongregate, just better

321Waffle
321Waffle
5 posts
Nomad

The badges system you speak of is like the trophy system on candystand.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

And that trophy system is like something on thirty other flash gaming sites, but who cares?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

we could also be having badges such as:

easy: 5 points

medium: 15 points

hard: 30 points

impossible: 60 points

Ooh, great idea. Let's copy Kongregate in every way possible. They'll never know what hit 'em!

If people want to frolic through Kongregate's stone-age badge system, they can put on a dunce cap and pay a lovely visit to Kongregate. We don't need to clone that site (our users would lose half their IQ points). If the majority of the AG community wanted that dump for a site instead of something original, why would they be here in the first place and not on Kongregate?
doode96
doode96
18 posts
Peasant

for the rly hard 1s like pass the game on every difficulty in kingdom rush you could get ap and you could just have easy ones just 4 fun.

Shibadragon
Shibadragon
12 posts
Nomad

@Ernie15
I agree that AG3 shouldn't be a copy of Kong, but you don't have to insult it! I happen to like Kongregate. What's wrong with the badge system, or the site in general?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

@Shiba

Ernie just doesn't want us to be a carbon-copy of Kong, as do many of the vets who have grown to lose the site.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

If AG were to rip off of Kongregate, the promo commercials could go something like this

Arcobalenoreborn008
Arcobalenoreborn008
3 posts
Nomad

Achivements should be post in the profile

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

this "acheivments" thing is JUST LIKE kong if i say so myself

TheSuperSaiyan1
TheSuperSaiyan1
326 posts
Nomad

Acheivments are just like merits but merits are good points or ideas, so they shouldn't add it to profiles, if they did, it would be pointless because it is easy to get an acheivment

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

if the achievements are a part of AG3 they shold be like kong

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

if the achievements are a part of AG3 they shold be like kong

It's the same idea, but they will be different Kong's.
weegeeninja
weegeeninja
5 posts
Peasant

An achievement system sounds good because it lets you view your achievements on the site as a whole and the idea of getting ingame and site rewards sounds good to me.

TonyN66
TonyN66
29 posts
Nomad

Not sure if this was suggested, but EP and EP2 achievements.

-1 for completing Uniplayer
-1 for having a certain amount of flairs (not including the Legacy ones)
-1 for winning 100 multiplayer races

Showing 271-285 of 484