ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141093
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

More armor points from rating games and commenting

No, in fact, AP gained from commenting and rating is going to be taken out, or reduced.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I think patrick2001 has a good idea. I like how on Kongregate, you can earn badges when you play a game, then you get points based on how hard it is.

You got me confused with JeffK3, so I will quote the idea in question then provide my opinion on it.

I think in AG v3 you should get medals for being a certain rank in AG V2.

I think that has already been discussed, and I don't think there will be any AG3 AP for AG2 rank, though there might be a non-scoring legacy achievement.

Will only games coming out after the release of AG3 have the Achievements or all of the games will?

Not all games will have achievements because the option to have them is up to the developer. Also, existing games can have achievements if the developer chooses to include them.

If you have already played a game in AG2 and did something that would give you an achievement in AG3 would you get it or would you have to play the game again?

I think you would have to play the game again and earn the achievement.

If you add acheivments, you should add more levels to reach.

I think the ranking system itself will change, and there is a discussion thread here.
firebird2000
firebird2000
23 posts
Nomad

itll be real nice if thr were achivments

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

itll be real nice if thr were achivments

There will be achievements in AG3, but only for games whose developers choose to include achievements.
eliArmor
eliArmor
2 posts
Nomad

mm a goog idea--??

CommanderBrenden
CommanderBrenden
709 posts
Nomad

I actually like the Achievements idea its something new for all Agv2 users to experience plus we knew ahead of time when the new players of AGv3 wont and will not know as much as we do now.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

we knew ahead of time when the new players of AGv3 wont and will not know as much as we do now.

I'm sure there will be a way for new users to learn how achievements work on AG3. Therefore, I don't think there will be an advantage to having come from AG2. However, it will be easy to identify users from AG2 with legacy achievements.
jaketheace321
jaketheace321
1 posts
Nomad

i agree with blkask, there should be achievments for certain amounts of posts

ablr
ablr
133 posts
Nomad

I agree with jaketheace321 agreeing with blkask, there should be achievements for certain amounts of posts

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

i agree with blkask, there should be achievments for certain amounts of posts

I agree with jaketheace321 agreeing with blkask, there should be achievements for certain amounts of posts

I disagree with both of you because I think achievements will only be for games in which the developer chooses to include achievements. Also, simply agreeing with another user does not contribute to the thread and can be considered spam.
ablr
ablr
133 posts
Nomad

I disagree with both of you because I think achievements will only be for games in which the developer chooses to include achievements. Also, simply agreeing with another user does not contribute to the thread and can be considered spam.

Your opinion means nothing to me, Patrick.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]I disagree with both of you because I think achievements will only be for games in which the developer chooses to include achievements. Also, simply agreeing with another user does not contribute to the thread and can be considered spam.

Your opinion means nothing to me, Patrick.[/quote]

Do not defend your own spam. Agreeing with another user without adding anything extra is considered spam. As proof, Devoidless once made this comment on my profile:

Fer realz, you gotta stop nitpicking and then spamming with "do what the above post says."
If you can't think up a decent post, think harder.

It is therefore stupid to call my opinion meaningless since I added some actual contribution.
crazyclimb
crazyclimb
7 posts
Nomad

There should be achievments that the creators of games post so that if you get an achievement on their game you can get armor points. who agrees?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

There should be achievments that the creators of games post so that if you get an achievement on their game you can get armor points. who agrees?

That's how it's going to work in AG3.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

i agrre we should make acheivments

Showing 301-315 of 484