Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Achievements Suggestion

Posted Jun 5, '11 at 3:24pm

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,372 posts

I like the "shields" idea a lot. I just think "achievements" is too unoriginal, and "shields" is perfect for AG.
But what do you mean for translating them to other languages?

Posted Jun 6, '11 at 12:53am

Xcalibur45

Xcalibur45

1,844 posts

So do we ask the developers on this site to make an Achievement for AG3 or how does that work?

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 1:42am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

what do you mean for translating them to other languages?

For people who don't speak English as their primary language, it will be more understandable/translatable.

I don't think the achievements will be called shields

From what I see Larry working on, the achievements will be shield-shaped, but we'll still call them Achievements.

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 1:44am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

So do we ask the developers on this site to make an Achievement for AG3 or how does that work?

Yeah, once we finish building the achievement system, users can start asking their favorite game developers to add our achievement system to their games. Still, it's up to them to add them.

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 9:30am

Xcalibur45

Xcalibur45

1,844 posts

Yeah, once we finish building the achievement system, users can start asking their favorite game developers to add our achievement system to their games. Still, it's up to them to add them.

Ya I understand, now will you notify us users so we can give the Developers some suggestions or is that ok now?

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 12:12pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Well, the achievement system isn't finished yet, so there's nothing that game developers can do about it until we release the software for them to add this to their games.

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 12:18pm

eaglepaw

eaglepaw

250 posts

just wait and we will see what they do

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 4:04pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,395 posts

From what I see Larry working on, the achievements will be shield-shaped, but we'll still call them Achievements.

I like the combination of the ideas from multiple admins, especially with the proper format (shape of a shield but it is called Achievements). Also, some achievements should have layers to it depending on how much of something is done.

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 5:44pm

bunniecorps

bunniecorps

190 posts

There are actually acheivements for some games (Gretel and Hansel), but on different sites. Will the acheivements be added to those games? Or only the newer games?

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 6:04pm

sprooschicken

sprooschicken

775 posts

so what if you played a game and competed everything in AG2, and then an achievement for something you had already done was in AG3 would you get the achievement automatically or will all game progress be deleted

Reply to Achievements Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!