Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Achievements Suggestion

Posted Aug 8, '12 at 2:17pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

how will we earn AP for those kind of games?

Unless they add achievements, you won't earn points.

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 1:53pm

pikachoe

pikachoe

4 posts

Everytime you get an achievement, you'll get armor points depending on it's difficulty

good idea Patrick2011

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 3:41pm

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

531 posts

agree with pikachoe hands down i would be the top player XD

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 1:48pm

ThatGuyOnBroadway

ThatGuyOnBroadway

28 posts

What about MMO achievements? They are in Fantasty Online and The last stand: dead zone, which are really cool games. Would you get AP for those? because if it were i would have hundreds more of AG points. And Jblaze101, be serious.

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 5:57pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

MMO achievements probably wouldn't work well since you have to pay on most of them to progress.

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 8:46pm

shadowball2010

shadowball2010

2 posts

[b]I think thats a good idea for people to earn pts. for the achivements

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 10:02pm

CommanderPaladin

CommanderPaladin

1,548 posts

An achievements feature, if properly executed, might be an interesting upgrade to the site, but not to the exclusion of the current rank/point system. Achievements would need to be something earned in addition to the normal APs, and perhaps grating APs and being listed on profiles the same way Merits are. Personally, I would be in favor of some achievements linked to game such as the Raze series and Strike Force Heroes. However, I cannot stress enough that doing away with the current, well-established system in exchange for "karma," activity levels, achievements, or any of the other similar things discussed would end up being a bad thing. If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. Upgrade it, yes, but don't mess with what you know works.

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 10:06pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

It is broken. I've explained in another thread. You also failed to explain how it would be a bad thing.

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 11:33pm

CommanderPaladin

CommanderPaladin

1,548 posts

@GoM
1. Broken: How? (Yes, I saw your other post, but please elaborate as pertinent to this thread.)
2. Bad thing: Many people still like the current system. Also, the proposed new system seems overly complicated. "Karma" for site usage? Really?
AG - something people like = people forsaking AG = Bad Thing.
AG + something overcomplicated = people forsaking AG = Bad Thing.

However:
AG + improvement (achievements) + something people like (see above) = people being happy/more people using AG = Good Thing.

Posted Aug 19, '12 at 11:38pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

Broken: AP system is easily abused and only rewards for community involvement.
Improved: AP system for achievements in games will offer a challenge, and reputation rewarding for community involvement. Reputation is a simple up/down vote system that will be monitored so people don't abuse it. Look at a site like Imgur for reference.
Bad thing: That's outdated information. The latest information on it was it'll be up/down vote system like Imgur. They have ranks for their system and stuff.

Hardly negative, only a few people truly care for armor points. It wouldn't affect the site, and people would replace them if you're worried about numbers.

Reply to Achievements Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!