Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Achievements Suggestion

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 7:21pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

but on different sites. Will the acheivements be added to those games?

The game developer would rebuild their game with our achievement system and put the new version of the game back here on our site.

so what if you played a game and competed everything in AG2, and then an achievement for something you had already done was in AG3 would you get the achievement automatically or will all game progress be deleted

That might be up to the game developer. If they add an achievement, and have a way to detect that you've completed that achievement, the game could unlock that achievement for you. However, if the game developer doesn't track that stuff already (ie, how many turtles you smashed in Epic Combo), then you'd have to start all over.

Posted Jun 9, '11 at 4:30am

valboss84

valboss84

1,528 posts

The achievements which give AP is a good idea, but I wonder if some persons will hack the game to unlock them all easily. I hope a hacking protecting system will be updated for AG3.

Posted Jun 10, '11 at 4:12pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

This is something we need to discuss with Joey, since achievement data will go through his AGI library. We'll do our best to make it hack-proof, but it'll also be easy enough to remove an achievement from someone if we find they're hacking.

Posted Jun 14, '11 at 2:50am

valboss84

valboss84

1,528 posts

We'll do our best to make it hack-proof

Certainly, yes. There is always a danger on a website. Anyone which want to cheat can hack AG and get all the games finished easily. And his AP will grow fast.

Posted Jun 16, '11 at 2:27am

eaglepaw

eaglepaw

338 posts

The achievements which give AP is a good idea, but I wonder if some persons will hack the game to unlock them all easily. I hope a hacking protecting system will be updated for AG3.

who is hacker there?

Posted Jun 16, '11 at 5:07am

valboss84

valboss84

1,528 posts

That's a thing a cannot know, the hackers hide their identity, but I think there are bad persons thinking only about annoy other players.

Posted Jun 16, '11 at 5:32pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

The latest things to tease you about Achievements:

- Every single Achievement you gain from games will give you AG3 points towards your "AG Score"

- Achievements will be given for "legacy" stats, like your AG2 points, rank, forum posts (maybe), etc. but these Achievements will NOT award points towards your "AG Score"

- Achievements will not unlock any armatars in the first phase of development. Any game-related armatars will be unlocked as soon as the game is available on the site.

- USERS CAN BE BANNED FROM GAINING ACHIEVEMENTS (and therefore, points). If we find you cheating, hacking, glitching, etc., to gain Achievements, we can ban you from Achievements. This ban may be temporary or permanent, and may include the wiping out of all Achievements.

- Any Achievements we delete (by discontinuing an Achievement, or from cheaters) will also remove the points they awarded. This is similar to how our existing system removes points if we delete a game comment, forum post, etc.

Posted Jun 16, '11 at 6:30pm

ShardRaldevius

ShardRaldevius

110 posts

These achievements stuffs will be available just in AG3 right? And someone knows when AG3 will be released?

Posted Jun 16, '11 at 7:19pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Yes, the Achievement system is being worked on right now and will be part of the AG3 launch.

We don't have a final launch date yet.

Posted Jun 16, '11 at 7:48pm

TheFinalPhoenix

TheFinalPhoenix

1,672 posts

Do you have a guesstimate like next year? 6 months? 2 Years? anything at all that could give us an idea when its being launched?

Reply to Achievements Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!