ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 140717
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

SilverGecko, if you'd read the entire thread, you'd have seen that we're going to award "legacy" Achievements (with no points) based on your current AG2 rank, but moving forward, AG3's Achievements will only be game-based, and those Achievements will be how you gain points.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Do you think it's possible that some achievements don't give points?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Valboss, I've already said that the "legacy" Achievements won't grant points, but all others will.

SoulRider
SoulRider
2 posts
Nomad

Of course achievements would be a great add-on to armorgames! It would invite competitive people to play more and get better hiscores.

armorchamp123
armorchamp123
1 posts
Nomad

maybe you guys could use some achivements for raze 1 and 2 from raze 2 score 100crouch shots im a raze 2 beta tester just say this for juice-tin

darkheartless
darkheartless
9 posts
Nomad

I think game developers deserve a lot more AP. Seriously increase the amount of AP for submitting a game. We need to appreciate their hard work more. And first forum post btw!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

achievements would be a great add-on to armorgames! It would invite competitive people to play more and get better hiscores.

Well, plus it'll be the only way to gain points.

I think game developers deserve a lot more AP. Seriously increase the amount of AP for submitting a game. We need to appreciate their hard work more.

Well, I'm not sure how we're handling points-for-games in AG3. It's never come up. Still, that's not an Achievement topic, so that's as much as we'll discuss it here.

maybe you guys could use some achivements for raze 1 and 2 from raze 2

As we've already said, it will be up to the game developer to create their own achievements to unlock on the site.
ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

How exactly will the achievments be shown?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I imagine they'll be somewhere on your profile. Or there'll be a tab somewhere on your profile where it shows all your achievements.
crazyhman
crazyhman
45 posts
Nomad

I was thinking, what about achievements for games that are armor games achievements, not just in games.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I was thinking, what about achievements for games that are armor games achievements, not just in games.

What do you mean by that?

I imagine they'll be somewhere on your profile. Or there'll be a tab somewhere on your profile where it shows all your achievements.

Well when you click my armory, there's a tab that says achievements, although you can't click on it yet, so maybe a few will be on the profile, but that tab will be there for your friends to click on too maybe?
DeadFamous
DeadFamous
153 posts
Nomad

This seems like a nice feature. I like the competition of achievements and I enjoy the challenge as well.

ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

Well when you click my armory, there's a tab that says achievements, although you can't click on it yet, so maybe a few will be on the profile, but that tab will be there for your friends to click on too maybe?

I didn't say where will it be shown I said how...

...EXAMPLE: Little achievment shields which you hover your mouse on giving you a description of how you earnt it.

So I'll ask again, how will the achievments be shown in the achievment section? How will it look?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I know to start we're showing them on the game play page under the game. I'm not sure yet how we're going to show them on your profile. And yes, ArmorL3gend, I believe they'll have some sort of tooltip pop-up or description of what you did to earn it.

Personally, I like Steam's approach where you can see a list of the person's games and the achievements for each, eg, my Civ 5 achievements page

I don't know exactly how the Achievements page will be laid out, but we'll probably group it per game, and only show the games you've earned Achievements for. (we won't list every game, just the ones where you've started earning Achievements)

This seems like a nice feature. I like the competition of achievements and I enjoy the challenge as well.

It will also be the competition of points, since community involvement (forums, comments, etc) won't award points any more.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

How will the issue of hackers be addressed? Because I'm assuming that a few of these achievements will be based upon the final score, or how long it took to beat the game or a level, which is a problem even now when high scores aren't worth anything.

Showing 76-90 of 484