Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Achievements Suggestion

Posted Jun 17, '11 at 11:04am

Gantic

Gantic

6,947 posts

we'll probably give an Achievement to everyone on the top 100 and top 10, we'll probably give one Achievement each for every range of 1000 points you have, up to 10k, then go in multiples of 5k or something. Firetail_madness will probably get a special Achievement for being #1 on the site.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear enough. I meant the individual high scores for the games that are attached to the Armor Games global high scores.

Posted Jun 17, '11 at 12:43pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

BTW, will merits still be given on AG3?

Not the same way we have them now. Exceptional game comments will probably get promoted to become a "game review" and put into an area of the game play page where you could tab between "regular comments" and "game reviews" ... how we award the user for that, I don't know yet.

Posted Jun 17, '11 at 5:56pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

On merits: Reading the various stickied threads in the newcomer's section would probably answer your questions better than asking about something in an unrelated thread.
You will find more information in said threads, but a quick description would be "reward of 25AP given for extraordinary game comment (or winning a merit awarding contest), given by a mod."

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 5:21am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

Nobody answered my question about achievements by reaching goalsod AP (on page 6). Can someone do it?

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 5:26am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

by reaching goalsod AP

Mistake. It's goals of forum posts and comments number.

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 5:33am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

Cormyn answered that here.

Posted Jun 21, '11 at 2:14am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Rosemary16, I've already said that we'll be doing exactly what you "suggested" (increasing point values based on difficulty).

Posted Jun 22, '11 at 8:19am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

I like this idea too, but dtermine the difficulty of an achievement would be hard for admin and game creator.

Posted Jun 22, '11 at 4:02pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

how we award the user for that, I don't know yet.

I'm thinking something along the lines of reputation. Maybe not as many as 25 rep points each, but enough to be acknowledged as a reward. I can't help determine the exact amount, because I don't have an idea yet as to the value of one reputation point.

Posted Jun 23, '11 at 3:02am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Ernie15, we've already said that Achievements won't grant Reputation, they'll only grant points.

termine the difficulty of an achievement would be hard for admin and game creator.

It won't be up to the admin team, it'll be up to the game creator to give us a list of Achievements, and a difficulty level or point value to assign.

Reply to Achievements Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!