ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141084
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

playing a certain amount of games.

It won't be based on the number of games you play. All you'd have to do to win that award would be refresh the page a couple thousand times, or however many times are required to win said achievement.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

It won't be based on the number of games you play. All you'd have to do to win that award would be refresh the page a couple thousand times, or however many times are required to win said achievement.

Yepp, so in-game achievements or checkpoints or whatever that pre-exist in games, will be worth AP/"Score" (not all games though !)
nonfatcow
nonfatcow
13 posts
Peasant

I like the idea of having an achievement for 1000 games rated or something like that...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I like the idea of having an achievement for 1000 games rated or something like that...

From the information we have, achievements will most likely be just for flash games. Completing certain objectives within them. Like in Exit Path, complete the uniplayer in a certain amount of time and you'll be rewarded with armor points. Stuff like that to keep gamers entertained.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

That would just give spammers more of a reason to spam

co-op coming.

...huh?
Novaburn
Novaburn
1 posts
Shepherd

If we can get icons of the achievements put next yo our icons, the limit should be 12, going all around our user icons. Make them choose able.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

If we can get icons of the achievements put next yo our icons, the limit should be 12, going all around our user icons. Make them choose able.

There'll probably be a section on the profile dedicated to achievements. In the beta there was a tab for them, so I think they'll have something similar when introduced.
stinky705
stinky705
4 posts
Blacksmith

I think that achievements should be like in how many comments you post or something like that.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I think that achievements should be like in how many comments you post or something like that.

No, that can be easily abused.
cerealcreeper
cerealcreeper
2 posts
Jester

for me a good achievement would be like in how many friends or something like that

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

for me a good achievement would be like in how many friends or something like that

They've stated several times that achievements will primarily be from games. If they decide to extend that, I have no idea what they'll make them for.
zebra5
zebra5
25 posts
Nomad

I'm a happy chap! Thanks for the news on achievements!!!

Regards

Zebra5

superdjkid
superdjkid
4 posts
Shepherd

Maybe some achievements could give you there own unique armatar!

R2GamesSupport2
R2GamesSupport2
5 posts
Nomad

thank you so much

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Maybe some achievements could give you there own unique armatar!

The admins plan on adding game-based armatar that require specific achievements to be unlocked.
Showing 451-465 of 484