ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 140711
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

The admins plan on adding game-based armatar that require specific achievements to be unlocked.

Would that be like.
Complete Achievement Unlocked - you unlock an elephant armatar.

Complete 5 games made by Armor Games - you unlock the AG sword/shield, ect.

If so; I'd quite like that idea.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

The admins plan on adding game-based armatar that require specific achievements to be unlocked.

Where did they mention this? I remember in the beta we had game based armatars, but they were there for everyone without having to unlock. I think that was just an idea a user submitted and the admins never said yes or no to it.
spinmove
spinmove
25 posts
Nomad

I think the fastest, easiest, and most efficient thing to do regarding transferring Armor Points from AG2 to AG3 would be to simply wipe the points and not transfer them at all. Players who accumulated points during their time on AG2 would just get a badge on their profile next to their name with their AG2 score and rank.

From then on all players on AG3 start at 0 AP and work there way up with the new features and scoring system.

spinmove
spinmove
25 posts
Nomad

This is possibly a little off topic but I think it would also be a good idea that during the switch from AG2 to AG3 all inactive accounts be deleted.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Spinmove - All current AP will probably be reset because they're changing the armor points system. We may receive a little bonus AP for accomplishing certain things here though.

Also, AG2 will be changing into AG3 slowly, meaning they'll be adding periodic changes/updates here instead of a full site transition.

spinmove
spinmove
25 posts
Nomad

Also, AG2 will be changing into AG3 slowly, meaning they'll be adding periodic changes/updates here instead of a full site transition.

OK so it's not going to be from one day to the next I see.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

OK so it's not going to be from one day to the next I see.

Meaning everything is going to be transferred and changed all at once? No... they won't be doing a site-wide 'flip', but rather slowly implement everything into the current AG2 website and over time transfer it into the new AG3 one. Think of it as a caterpillar turning into a butterfly...
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Read the first page.

And its a great idea. The achievements idea already being used on many sites (MochiGames, Kong, etc)

powerrock
powerrock
6 posts
Nomad

other players comenting on your profile

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

other players comenting on your profile

....huh?? Are you saying that people should get achievements for commenting on profiles? If so I have one words for you (a word that describes a few posts of yours that I've seen..) - spam
Acheron15
Acheron15
1 posts
Nomad

my achievements dont show up on my page plz help

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

my achievements dont show up on my page plz help

[REPORT] Quests Bugs & Glitches
Showing 466-477 of 484