ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 140980
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Nobody answered my question about achievements by reaching goalsod AP (on page 6). Can someone do it?

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

by reaching goalsod AP

Mistake. It's goals of forum posts and comments number.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Cormyn answered that here.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Rosemary16, I've already said that we'll be doing exactly what you "suggested" (increasing point values based on difficulty).

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I like this idea too, but dtermine the difficulty of an achievement would be hard for admin and game creator.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

how we award the user for that, I don't know yet.

I'm thinking something along the lines of reputation. Maybe not as many as 25 rep points each, but enough to be acknowledged as a reward. I can't help determine the exact amount, because I don't have an idea yet as to the value of one reputation point.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Ernie15, we've already said that Achievements won't grant Reputation, they'll only grant points.

termine the difficulty of an achievement would be hard for admin and game creator.

It won't be up to the admin team, it'll be up to the game creator to give us a list of Achievements, and a difficulty level or point value to assign.
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

It won't be up to the admin team, it'll be up to the game creator to give us a list of Achievements, and a difficulty level or point value to assign.

Sure, only the game creator could determine the difficulty of an achievement. He has programmed the game and tested it (for that I'm not sure because some games have achievement impossible to get).
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Correct. And we may just "hard-code" the point values according to a ranked scale of difficulty, but that's something we'll still need to discuss as a team.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I understand the achievements are the game developers area as such, but mochi has in game achievements and medals. Will AG have anything similar?

emirhan9
emirhan9
2 posts
Nomad

1. how bout we get armor points like wat ppl sed by acheivments and we can use the points to buy more things like new display pictures and maybe some emoticons for commenting on the game. We could also use the points to get into online competions (like who can get the highest score).
2. when we earn acheivments we get medals in which we can put the maximum of five on our accounts to show everyone and we get to pick the ones we unlocked. i hope my ideas are helpful

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

and we can use the points to buy more things like new display pictures and maybe some emoticons for commenting on the game

We've ever said achievements will give only points nothing other. Plus, the emoticones are a bad idea, cormyn is agree with me.

when we earn acheivments we get medals in which we can put the maximum of five on our accounts to show everyone and we get to pick the ones we unlocked

In AG3, a system of the last things you've done will be set up. So, I think the achivement you've unlocked will appeared in this category.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

mochi has in game achievements and medals. Will AG have anything similar?

We have games *now* that award "achievements" within the game (look at John's "Achievement Unlocked" series, etc. but those don't award anything on the web site itself.

Personally, I don't know Mochi's system, so I can't comment on a comparison against their system.

1. how bout we get armor points like wat ppl sed by acheivments

Uh, that's how it's *going* to work... Did you even read the posts in this thread? ;o)

and we can use the points to buy more things like new display pictures and maybe some emoticons for commenting on the game.

We've stated several times in other threads that users will not "spend" points. And we've also stated that in phase one, Achievements will NOT unlock Armatars. Point-related questions are off-topic and need to go in the appropriate thread about "AG Score".

get into online competions (like who can get the highest score).

Check out the Groups/Clans thread about the tournament discussions, and follow-up on your thoughts over there if you have anything new to add.

2. when we earn acheivments we get medals in which we can put the maximum of five on our accounts to show everyone and we get to pick the ones we unlocked.

As far as I know, everyone will get to see ALL of your achievements, like a trophy case, on your profile. It won't just be 5 that you pick, it'll be ALL of them.

So, I think the achivement you've unlocked will appeared in this category.

We're planning a &quotublic square" sort of thing that JUST shows the latest Achievements that users are gaining by playing the games. But as I said above, your profile will have a 'trophy case' of some sort where others can see every Achievement you've won.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

was thinking of a fail-proof foolproof system, where you have to actually play the game to get AGP

Er, you did read the last few pages of this thread, right?

As far as the metal-based names, that's not a bad idea.
SilverGecko
SilverGecko
13 posts
Nomad

Maybe there could be achievements for your rank or there could be badges like greentrev106 mentioned.

Showing 61-75 of 484