ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

487 64361
cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 487 Replies
EverDead
EverDead
179 posts

Well, instead of getting AGP's (Armor Game Points) for Commenting on games and Faving games, cause that can be abused and all....

I was thinking of a fail-proof foolproof system, where you have to actually play the game to get AGP. It would require a bit of thinking, but it wouldn't be too hard.

Lets use Crush the Castle 2 Players Pack as a Example for the medals that could be used.

Gold: Crush 1,000 people
Gold: Make 15 Player's Empire Castles
Gold: Beat Undead Level
Silver: Beat the Campaign
Silver: Hit 5 people directly with a projectile
Silver: Kill 1 person with a direct hit from the chicken
Bronze: Kill 5 people with one throw of the Big Freaking Rock
Bronze: Kill 10 people at one time with the Black Hole Potion

And so on.
Gold: 10 AGP
Silver: 5 AGP
Bronze: 3 AGP

It would be good, since unless you are highly skilled, you might have to redo some levels to get those Achievements, Thus having to spend time on the game and not just finishing it and never coming back.

cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts

was thinking of a fail-proof foolproof system, where you have to actually play the game to get AGP

Er, you did read the last few pages of this thread, right?

As far as the metal-based names, that's not a bad idea.
SilverGecko
SilverGecko
13 posts

Maybe there could be achievements for your rank or there could be badges like greentrev106 mentioned.

cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts

SilverGecko, if you'd read the entire thread, you'd have seen that we're going to award "legacy" Achievements (with no points) based on your current AG2 rank, but moving forward, AG3's Achievements will only be game-based, and those Achievements will be how you gain points.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts

Do you think it's possible that some achievements don't give points?

cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts

Valboss, I've already said that the "legacy" Achievements won't grant points, but all others will.

SoulRider
SoulRider
2 posts

Of course achievements would be a great add-on to armorgames! It would invite competitive people to play more and get better hiscores.

armorchamp123
armorchamp123
1 posts

maybe you guys could use some achivements for raze 1 and 2 from raze 2 score 100crouch shots im a raze 2 beta tester just say this for juice-tin

darkheartless
darkheartless
9 posts

I think game developers deserve a lot more AP. Seriously increase the amount of AP for submitting a game. We need to appreciate their hard work more. And first forum post btw!

cormyn
cormyn
2,908 posts

achievements would be a great add-on to armorgames! It would invite competitive people to play more and get better hiscores.

Well, plus it'll be the only way to gain points.

I think game developers deserve a lot more AP. Seriously increase the amount of AP for submitting a game. We need to appreciate their hard work more.

Well, I'm not sure how we're handling points-for-games in AG3. It's never come up. Still, that's not an Achievement topic, so that's as much as we'll discuss it here.

maybe you guys could use some achivements for raze 1 and 2 from raze 2

As we've already said, it will be up to the game developer to create their own achievements to unlock on the site.
ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
242 posts

How exactly will the achievments be shown?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,535 posts

I imagine they'll be somewhere on your profile. Or there'll be a tab somewhere on your profile where it shows all your achievements.
crazyhman
crazyhman
45 posts

I was thinking, what about achievements for games that are armor games achievements, not just in games.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,184 posts

I was thinking, what about achievements for games that are armor games achievements, not just in games.

What do you mean by that?

I imagine they'll be somewhere on your profile. Or there'll be a tab somewhere on your profile where it shows all your achievements.

Well when you click my armory, there's a tab that says achievements, although you can't click on it yet, so maybe a few will be on the profile, but that tab will be there for your friends to click on too maybe?
DeadFamous
DeadFamous
155 posts

This seems like a nice feature. I like the competition of achievements and I enjoy the challenge as well.

Showing 76-90 of 487