ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 140948
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
Earthpride
Earthpride
1 posts
Shepherd

I believe the showcase system JalapenoFez proposed is a good idea. 5 achievements would probably be better than 10 (and of course, as mentioned, a possibility to look at the whole of them if interested).

Someone mentioned Armatars related to specific games (i.e. I got to lvl 41 in Exit Path, I get the Exit Path armatar). Another possibility could be to add a set of Armatar that are related to the amount of achievements you have accumulated, independently of your AG points. Those Armatars would of course reflect your ability to play games through instead of your involvement in the community, comments-leaving and game-rating that are reflected by your amount of AG points.

The two systems would therefore be complementary.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I wanted to write this on the topic of ranks, but seeing as it is locked, I figured achievements might be close enough

Nope.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Another possibility could be to add a set of Armatar that are related to the amount of achievements you have accumulated, independently of your AG points.

No, we've already said that Achievements/AP will not unlock armatars when we launch.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I haven't been following this thread too closely, so it might have already been said, but Maybe, in addition to in game achievements, there could be achievements for activity on the site. Some such as post record on the forums or rating/ playing so many games.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I ever asked it to cormyn, and he answered me there will be ONLY achievements IN games.

leosgooners
leosgooners
7 posts
Nomad

Yh that would be awesome. It is slightly frustrating that you spend time playing game for nothing..

SkulledOut
SkulledOut
38 posts
Nomad

I like the idea of achievements. Makes you play more lol. I think it'd be cool to have achievements you earn for playing popular games as well as being involved on the site.

Comcat1
Comcat1
5 posts
Peasant

When the achievment thing starts if we already passed an achievment would we have to pass it again to actually recieve the achievment?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

When the achievment thing starts if we already passed an achievment would we have to pass it again to actually recieve the achievment?

That would depend on the game. I think some games will transfer achievements while others will not.
Dregus2
Dregus2
502 posts
Blacksmith

do i think there should be achievement for the games. such as getting to lvl 20 or doing some other thing in it. they should award bonus AP based on dificulty like on Kongregate. that will be a huge upgrade for AG making it even cooler than Kongregate.

WARBLAD3
WARBLAD3
6 posts
Nomad

I like to use the achievements so i can figure out what I've done and how many times i have done different things

Remember123
Remember123
26 posts
Nomad

You should get a number of armor points for completing a game and all of its achievements

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We just discussed this a page or two before your question was posted.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

You should get a number of armor points for completing a game and all of its achievements

Uh, please read the thread before posting a comment. This is EXACTLY what the Achievement system is for.
bielporto
bielporto
7 posts
Peasant

well in my opnion there should be achievements for tasks in game just like when you play a game 1 hours you win 5 AP and like when you beat a gameyou win 1 - 5 AP hope i helped!

Showing 106-120 of 484