ForumsForum GamesOld Wild Texas

283 35596
fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

It is 1862 and you have arrived in Dallas, Texas. You just couldnât stand New England and its big crowded cities and bitter cold winters. Sometimes you didnât even have enough money and food to keep going on. One day you decided to sell your store and move to the Old West to make something of yourself. You didnât know what; you just wanted to be something. When you finally got to Dallas it finally hit you! You said,â Forget being a store keeper, I want to fight!â Which means to you that you could be one of two things an Outlaw or a Sheriff, but first you would have to prove it to the people. Would you be the Sheriff protecting the citizens, cleaning the streets of evil, or would you be the Outlaw striking fear and hate into the people? It all begins here. All you brought with you is what you packed and that is $200.00 dollars, the clothes youâre wearing, and a Map of Texas.

The nickname is not mandatory.

Character Sheet

Name: First name ânicknameâ last name
Appearance: At least four things
Bio: 3-6 sentences I gave you some of it now just add on
Perk: You can make your own
Traits: One good and one bad*
-----------------------------
Gun:
Melee Weapon: None
Equipment: Map of Texas
Ammo: None
Squad(Sheriff only): None
Gang(Outlaw only): None
Food: None
Money: $200.00
Horse: None
Health: 100%
Hunger: 100%
Stamina: 100%

Reputation is very simple; basically if you want to be a Sheriff you need your Rep to have a positive Rep. If you want to be an Outlaw you want your Rep to be negative. You can raise it or lower it by doing certain good/bad deeds. There is also going to be a neutral deed sometimes. The neutral deed gives you neither positive/negative Rep. You can change from being an Outlaw to a Sheriff or a Sheriff to an Outlaw at anytime by lowering/raising your Reputation.

* You will have to overcome your bad trait and then you can change it to a good trait.

Hope you like it. This is my first one.

• 283 Replies
p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

Name: John "Fast Hand" Smith
Appearance: Average build, somewhat tall, short brown hair, black eyes, scar on left cheek.
Bio: John thought what he always wanted to have was a business of his own. When his small shop, though, proved unable to be an adequate source of income, he was forced to abandon that dream, and look for a brighter future elsewhere. And that place would be Texas, since he also has some family there, who he hasn't gotten the chance to speak to for years.
Perk: Quick Reflexes
Traits: Presuasive, Impatient
Gun: None
Squad (Sheriff only): None
Gang (Outlaw only): None

Although I have to say I hate games where you have to take care so that you don't exhaust yourself/starve to death and such, one has to lower their standards once in a while... anyway, I don't know, I don't join forum RPGs that easily, and I think your mostly proper punctuation and grammar, and nice use of words were what initially caught my eye; yes, I actually look for proper English in RPGs. And this one is a beacon of light among the hasty and careless - and, in majority, (too) young - posters in this forum section.
Long story short, this looks promising. However, before I am accepted in the game, I must get an answer to a certain question: what are your intentions regarding this RPG? As in how far do you wish to get it? Are you determined not to abandon it or the forums, as long as that is possible, or is this going to be a waste of time for both you and every player unfortunate enough to choose to join it? 'Cause, unless you're prepared to take this all the way (no matter what that means), I'm not game.

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Appearance: Average build, somewhat tall, short brown hair, black eyes, scar on left cheek.
Bio: John thought what he always wanted to have was a business of his own. When his small shop, though, proved unable to be an adequate source of income, he was forced to abandon that dream, and look for a brighter future elsewhere. And that place would be Texas, since he also has some family there, who he hasn't gotten the chance to speak to for years.

I will in fact promise that I will post at least three times a day, for the remaining days I spend on this thread. I want you to know though that I am still in school, thus I will not be able to post as many times as I promised; although Summer is only one more week away so, I will be able to post more frequently when that time comes. Since this is in fact my first fourm game I will spend a majority of my time on here, checking to see if everything is running soomthly.

Post to tell me when you're ready to start the game; if you are willing to start the game. Thanks.

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

Oh, frequency of posts is no problem to me; I could settle with once per day, or even, if there has been a notice beforehand, I could wait for a week or so. The only issue of mine is this dying altogether. But, of course, I'll take your word for it.

Post to tell me when you're ready to start the game; if you are willing to start the game. Thanks.
I'm ready and more than willing. Thank you.
fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Ok then let's start you off...

...You arrived in Dallas,Texas as so as you got off the train you saw a welcome sign saying,"Welcome to Dallas,Texas the friendliest place around!" population 100. When you look down at the small town you recognized a some of the buildings: A Bar,Genral Store, An Inn, and a Sheriff Office. When you start to walk foward you see a man. He says to you," Welcome, to Dallas, Texas"

Here is your first chance to gain some Rep; you could be a friendly person and say,"Hello" or you can tell him something heart-breaking. It's up to you.

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

I respond "Hello there. Wow, I didn't know you were so friendly to your visitors." with a friendly tone, not implying anything sarcastic.

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

You have gained five postive Rep.

The man says,"I am the Greeter of this here fine town. If you have any questions or concerns, go ahead and ask me. I have to warn you though, this town ain't all it's cracked up to be we still have Outlaws that come in now and then.What we need is a good Sheriff, or old one is to scared to do anything. It's really pathetic if you ask me."

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

I say "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. A town without someone to enforce the law can be quite hard to live in. But, since you offered to help me out, could you give me pointers for around town?".

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

The man says," Well of course, if your looking for fast cash I would ask around for any jobs or services you could do; also, it's always nice to have a gun with you when you do these jobs. I actually heard that Farmer Halbert was looking for someone to find his two missing cattle. By the looks of it he's paying a lot. If your looking for a place to stay for the night I would try the Dust Trail Inn. When your looking for a gun I would try Bullseye Gun Shop and when ever you need something to eat or drink you could go to the the WestRoad Bar, or the Dry Foods Genral Store."

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

Name: Nick "Dead" Baker
Appearance: Muscular build, scars all over besides the face, tan, a good 6'3
Bio: As a child everyone had high expectations for Nick, he was a very bright kid all the way until the accident, when he was just 13 his parents were gunned down by a robber and he was stunned. The only things he could do was life with his abusive uncle or live on his own. What would you pick?
Perk: Keen Eye/ Dead Eye(Has the eyes of a hawk)
Traits: Will protect anyone in trouble, this is also his downside
Gun:

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

I tell him "Thanks a lot, that information will sure be of much help to me. Also, could you tell me where this Halbert lives?" and then try to see, from where I am, the location of the Bullseye Gun Shop. If I can't, I ask him "And one last thing; where can I find the Bullseye Gun Shop?".

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Bio: As a child everyone had high expectations for Nick, he was a very bright kid all the way until the accident, when he was just 13 his parents were gunned down by a robber and he was stunned. The only things he could do was life with his abusive uncle or live on his own. What would you pick?
Gun:

You arrived in Dallas,Texas as so as you got off the train you saw a welcome sign saying,"Welcome to Dallas,Texas the friendliest place around!" population 100. When you look down at the small town you recognized a some of the buildings: A Bar,Genral Store, An Inn, and a Sheriff Office. When you start to walk foward you see a man. He says to you,"Welcome, to Dallas, Texas"

This is your first chance to gain/loss some Rep? Will you say,"Hello" in a friendly way or will you do something...evil?

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

Gun:

You arrived in Dallas,Texas as so as you got off the train you saw a welcome sign saying,"Welcome to Dallas,Texas the friendliest place around!" population 100. When you look down at the small town you recognized a some of the buildings: A Bar,Genral Store, An Inn, and a Sheriff Office. When you start to walk foward you see a man. He says to you,"Welcome, to Dallas, Texas"

This is your first chance to gain/loss some Rep? Will you say,"Hello" in a friendly way or will you do something...evil?

I say hello respectively

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Gun:

You gained five Rep!

He smiles back and says,"If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here every morning from 6:30am-1:00pm."

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

You missed me, I apparently posted while you were first anwering redx161.

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

Gun:

You gained five Rep!

He smiles back and says,"If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here every morning from 6:30am-1:00pm."

I nod my head in thx and go to a shop to see if I can buy, "self defense" weapons

Showing 1-15 of 283