ForumsForum GamesOld Wild Texas

283 35583
fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

It is 1862 and you have arrived in Dallas, Texas. You just couldnât stand New England and its big crowded cities and bitter cold winters. Sometimes you didnât even have enough money and food to keep going on. One day you decided to sell your store and move to the Old West to make something of yourself. You didnât know what; you just wanted to be something. When you finally got to Dallas it finally hit you! You said,â Forget being a store keeper, I want to fight!â Which means to you that you could be one of two things an Outlaw or a Sheriff, but first you would have to prove it to the people. Would you be the Sheriff protecting the citizens, cleaning the streets of evil, or would you be the Outlaw striking fear and hate into the people? It all begins here. All you brought with you is what you packed and that is $200.00 dollars, the clothes youâre wearing, and a Map of Texas.

The nickname is not mandatory.

Character Sheet

Name: First name ânicknameâ last name
Appearance: At least four things
Bio: 3-6 sentences I gave you some of it now just add on
Perk: You can make your own
Traits: One good and one bad*
-----------------------------
Gun:
Melee Weapon: None
Equipment: Map of Texas
Ammo: None
Squad(Sheriff only): None
Gang(Outlaw only): None
Food: None
Money: $200.00
Horse: None
Health: 100%
Hunger: 100%
Stamina: 100%

Reputation is very simple; basically if you want to be a Sheriff you need your Rep to have a positive Rep. If you want to be an Outlaw you want your Rep to be negative. You can raise it or lower it by doing certain good/bad deeds. There is also going to be a neutral deed sometimes. The neutral deed gives you neither positive/negative Rep. You can change from being an Outlaw to a Sheriff or a Sheriff to an Outlaw at anytime by lowering/raising your Reputation.

* You will have to overcome your bad trait and then you can change it to a good trait.

Hope you like it. This is my first one.

• 283 Replies
fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

(I hate to be picky but if it's 1862, according to the first post, how are you selling guns from the future? Did you mean 1882?)

Yeah, sorry for not making it more realistic, but a lot of websites I go on says there wasn't that many guns from the 1860s. Thus, I had to improvise.
------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Gregory "Booze Beard" Pearson
Appearance: Overweight, Big beard, Ragged outfit, And a big face with wrinkles on it.
Bio: Gregory has had a poor and painful life over-all because he grew up in an orphanage and wasn't successful in anything, and usually took the pain away with booze (hence the nick-name). But at one moment he actually got things rolling for a bit, he had a store and everything. But then things only went down again. So, he thought to himself "Well, things really can't go any worse" so he decided to take a try at Texas. Maybe things could work there.
Perk: Survival (has learned to take care of himself)
Traits: Good trait: A Good drinker: Giving him a kind of boost in personality. Bad trait: A really good drinker. If you know what i mean.
Gun: M1873 Western Rifle
Ammo: 45 bullets
Money: $120.00

The man gives you the gun and says,"Have a nice day.... I know I won't. Then you leave. You head to the General Store and when you get there you are greeted by the man behind the counter he says to you,"Hello sir, how are you today?" What do you do?

Tossavainen
Tossavainen
402 posts
Peasant

"Well hello to you, I've never been better.. I'm looking for food, what do you have on sale..?"

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

(Have I been dropped?)

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Name: Jack "Wide Eye" Northrup
Appearance: Thin build, a short 5'3, long grey beard, balding head
Bio: An old prospector who tried to strike it rich when he was in his 40s. When he was 58 he was an unlucky bystander in a bar fight, which injured his left leg and now he limps. He spends his money traveling to where people tell him gold was recently found.
Perk: Keen Eye/ Dead Eye(Good for spotting gold and keeping an eye on potential thieves)
Traits: Greedy, will do almost anything for money, this is also his downside.
Gun: None

The man says," Well I am not sure about the pickaxe, but I can tell you were to get a good six-shooter. All you have to do is go into the town and go towards the bar. It should be right next to it."

(Sorry about that I must have not seen it.)

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Name: Gregory "Booze Beard" Pearson
Appearance: Overweight, Big beard, Ragged outfit, And a big face with wrinkles on it.
Bio: Gregory has had a poor and painful life over-all because he grew up in an orphanage and wasn't successful in anything, and usually took the pain away with booze (hence the nick-name). But at one moment he actually got things rolling for a bit, he had a store and everything. But then things only went down again. So, he thought to himself "Well, things really can't go any worse" so he decided to take a try at Texas. Maybe things could work there.
Perk: Survival (has learned to take care of himself)
Traits: Good trait: A Good drinker: Giving him a kind of boost in personality. Bad trait: A really good drinker. If you know what i mean.
Gun: M1873 Western Rifle
Ammo: 45 bullets
Money: $120.00

The Shopkeeper says,"It's all on the board above." He points upwards.

Food:
Six pieces of Jerky, one for $.50
Three pieces of Chicken, one for $1.50
Seven pieces of Sliced Pork, one for $1.35
Ten pieces of Corn, one for $.80
Liquids:
Two bottles of milk, one for $1.00
Three satchels of water, one for $2.50
Four bottles of Whiskey, one for $.75

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Name: Nick "Dead" Baker
Appearance: Muscular build, scars all over besides the face, tan, a good 6'3
Bio: As a child everyone had high expectations for Nick, he was a very bright kid all the way until the accident, when he was just 13 his parents were gunned down by a robber and he was stunned. The only things he could do was life with his abusive uncle or live on his own. What would you pick?
Perk: Keen Eye/ Dead Eye(Has the eyes of a hawk)
Traits: Will protect anyone in trouble, this is also his downside
Gun: .22 Target pistol
Ammo: 69 bullets
Food: 2 Biscuts and a Piece of Jerky
Money: $115
Hunger: 73%
Stamina: 59%

The man says,"Yeah, I got a room for $85.00. You want it or not?"

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Bio: An old prospector who tried to strike it rich when he was in his 40s. When he was 58 he was an unlucky bystander in a bar fight, which injured his left leg and now he limps. He spends his money traveling to where people tell him gold was recently found.
Perk: Keen Eye/ Dead Eye(Good for spotting gold and keeping an eye on potential thieves)

I say "Thank ye young feller!" and walk to the gun store.

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

Bio: As a child everyone had high expectations for Nick, he was a very bright kid all the way until the accident, when he was just 13 his parents were gunned down by a robber and he was stunned. The only things he could do was life with his abusive uncle or live on his own. What would you pick?
Hunger: 73%
Stamina: 59%

I say "I'll only be here for a couple of hours, how about $35"

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Hunger: 96%
Stamina: 94%

You walk down to the gunshop. While you are walking you notice some of the buildings. A Genral Store, an Inn, and a Bar. You also see at the end of the town the Sheriff Office.

Hunger: 70%
Stamina: 56%

The man says,"Sorry, I don't own the place and since it's the only Inn in town. The owner put it at a really high price. It's $85.00 or nothing."

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Hunger: 96%
Stamina: 94%

I look at the bar shuddering at the memory of the old bar fight walk into the gun store.

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

Hunger: 70%
Stamina: 56%

Fine okay i gotcha, I give him the money and go to my room

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

Name: John "Fast Hand" Smith
Appearance: Average build, somewhat tall, short brown hair, black eyes, scar on left cheek.
Bio: John thought what he always wanted to have was a business of his own. When his small shop, though, proved unable to be an adequate source of income, he was forced to abandon that dream, and look for a brighter future elsewhere. And that place would be Texas, since he also has some family there, who he hasn't gotten the chance to speak to for years.
Perk: Quick Reflexes
Traits: Presuasive, Impatient
Gun: M1873 Fast Draw Pistol with 42 bullets
Squad (Sheriff only): None
Gang (Outlaw only): None
Food: Six pieces of Jerky, Three pieces of Chicken, Two bottles of Milk, Three satchels of Water
Money: $140.50
Health: 96%
Hunger: 80%
Stamina: 74%

I quickly try to 'toss' him, by pushing him towards the man who shot me, and then shoot him, immediately before shooting the one who shot me (always aiming for the head). I then point the gun at the man who had the pickaxe.

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Hunger: 93%
Stamina: 92%

You walk inside the gunshop and see a man behind a counter. He says,"What do you want?"

Money: $30
Hunger: 67%
Stamina: 53%

You give the man your money, although slighty feeling ripped off you walk to your room. When you walk into your room you see an out-of-shape bed and two desks. Then there's the bathroom, which smells like someone died in it.

Appearance: Average build, somewhat tall, short brown hair, black eyes, scar on left cheek.
Bio: John thought what he always wanted to have was a business of his own. When his small shop, though, proved unable to be an adequate source of income, he was forced to abandon that dream, and look for a brighter future elsewhere. And that place would be Texas, since he also has some family there, who he hasn't gotten the chance to speak to for years.
Food: Six pieces of Jerky, Three pieces of Chicken, Two bottles of Milk, Three satchels of Water
Health: 94%
Hunger: 78%
Stamina: 69%

You manage to get the guy off you by throwing him at the guy with the gun. Then the man with the gun fires, but misses and hits the guy with the axe in is hand. The axe man still manages to be ok, but he is hurt badly. You aim for the head of the man with the pickaxe and fire. It hits him right in the eye. He falls down dead. Then you manage to get up and hide behind a nearby rock.

Note: When you got shot you are bleeding and that slowly takes away your health by two percent each post. You need to find a medic or a local doctor.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Hunger: 93%
Stamina: 92%

"Howdy. I'd like to buy the best six-shooter you've got. And some bullets of course.

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

Health: 94%
Hunger: 78%
Stamina: 69%

I think I was misunderstood, a bit. I didn't really want to shoot the guy with the pickaxe, just threaten him before getting him to jail or something (unless he fought back, in which case I would've shot). Anyhow, it's not his death that aches me, but the armed man's survival.
My priority still is the guy with the gun. I try to take a peek from where I am, before rolling on the ground and shooting, aiming for his head. No matter what, I am intent on killing him before moving on to the wounded guy (I shoot him as well, unless he is too hurt to be able to attack me).

Showing 106-120 of 283