ForumsForum GamesOld Wild Texas

283 35618
fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

It is 1862 and you have arrived in Dallas, Texas. You just couldnât stand New England and its big crowded cities and bitter cold winters. Sometimes you didnât even have enough money and food to keep going on. One day you decided to sell your store and move to the Old West to make something of yourself. You didnât know what; you just wanted to be something. When you finally got to Dallas it finally hit you! You said,â Forget being a store keeper, I want to fight!â Which means to you that you could be one of two things an Outlaw or a Sheriff, but first you would have to prove it to the people. Would you be the Sheriff protecting the citizens, cleaning the streets of evil, or would you be the Outlaw striking fear and hate into the people? It all begins here. All you brought with you is what you packed and that is $200.00 dollars, the clothes youâre wearing, and a Map of Texas.

The nickname is not mandatory.

Character Sheet

Name: First name ânicknameâ last name
Appearance: At least four things
Bio: 3-6 sentences I gave you some of it now just add on
Perk: You can make your own
Traits: One good and one bad*
-----------------------------
Gun:
Melee Weapon: None
Equipment: Map of Texas
Ammo: None
Squad(Sheriff only): None
Gang(Outlaw only): None
Food: None
Money: $200.00
Horse: None
Health: 100%
Hunger: 100%
Stamina: 100%

Reputation is very simple; basically if you want to be a Sheriff you need your Rep to have a positive Rep. If you want to be an Outlaw you want your Rep to be negative. You can raise it or lower it by doing certain good/bad deeds. There is also going to be a neutral deed sometimes. The neutral deed gives you neither positive/negative Rep. You can change from being an Outlaw to a Sheriff or a Sheriff to an Outlaw at anytime by lowering/raising your Reputation.

* You will have to overcome your bad trait and then you can change it to a good trait.

Hope you like it. This is my first one.

• 283 Replies
sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

hey this game looks really fun, and you run it well, is it OK if i join?

Name: First Charlie 'xenu' Hanson
Appearance: 6'5 some stubble, striking yellow/green eyes, broad shoulders, muscles are large
Bio: H e was born to a prostitute, the illegitimate son of a senator who abandoned him at birth, his mother abandoned him when he was 9, as he was bad for business, he lived on the streets of New York until he 14 at which point he heard that his father was in town on political business, the story goes that he marched straight into his office without saying anything and stabbed him right in the throat with the tip of the American flag in his office, he headed for the only place he thought he might have family, Texas, where his mother had supposedly come from, it took him years to scrounge enough money to set himself up, all the while running from the law and killing along the way, spending time with some mercenaries learning weaponry skills
Perk: Incredibly versatile with weaponry of all kinds: hand to hand combat, explosives and guns
Traits: Compassionate to those he loves, merciless to those he doesn't
Gun:None

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Name: Jack "Wide Eye" Northrup
Appearance: Thin build, a short 5'3, long grey beard, balding head
Bio: An old prospector who tried to strike it rich when he was in his 40s. When he was 58 he was an unlucky bystander in a bar fight, which injured his left leg and now he limps. He spends his money traveling to where people tell him gold was recently found.
Perk: Keen Eye/ Dead Eye(Good for spotting gold and keeping an eye on potential thieves)
Traits: Greedy, will do almost anything for money, this is also his downside.
Gun: None
Hunger: 90%
Stamina: 88%

The man say's,"Well... it's just your luck I only have two more six-shooter, here. He pulls out a Dragoon 1st Model Black Powder Pistol and what seems to be about 48 bullets. He says,"You want it? It's only $45.00(with bullets)."

Name: John "Fast Hand" Smith
Appearance: Average build, somewhat tall, short brown hair, black eyes, scar on left cheek.
Bio: John thought what he always wanted to have was a business of his own. When his small shop, though, proved unable to be an adequate source of income, he was forced to abandon that dream, and look for a brighter future elsewhere. And that place would be Texas, since he also has some family there, who he hasn't gotten the chance to speak to for years.
Perk: Quick Reflexes
Traits: Presuasive, Impatient
Gun: M1873 Fast Draw Pistol with 42 bullets
Squad (Sheriff only): None
Gang (Outlaw only): None
Food: Six pieces of Jerky, Three pieces of Chicken, Two bottles of Milk, Three satchels of Water
Money: $140.50
Health: 92%
Hunger: 75%
Stamina: 66%

You look to see were the banits are postitioned. You see the pickaxe man lying on the ground he is still moving though (your bullet didn't pierce him enough). Then you see the axe man right next to the broken carriage, he's still on the floor yelling in pain. Then you look for the man with the pistol and see him also hiding behind a pile of rocks, but you can see him and his cowboy hat sticking up from the rocks.

(Well think about it, if you didn't kill him he was about three or four feet away from you and he is a bandit. Plus, bringing them back alive is not a problem, you can kill them if you want. It won't effect your Rep. The citizens would be even more happy if you did killed them.)

Appearance: 6'5 some stubble, striking yellow/green eyes, broad shoulders, muscles are large
Bio: H e was born to a prostitute, the illegitimate son of a senator who abandoned him at birth, his mother abandoned him when he was 9, as he was bad for business, he lived on the streets of New York until he 14 at which point he heard that his father was in town on political business, the story goes that he marched straight into his office without saying anything and stabbed him right in the throat with the tip of the American flag in his office, he headed for the only place he thought he might have family, Texas, where his mother had supposedly come from, it took him years to scrounge enough money to set himself up, all the while running from the law and killing along the way, spending time with some mercenaries learning weaponry skills
Perk: Incredibly versatile with weaponry of all kinds: hand to hand combat, explosives and guns

You arrived in Dallas,Texas as so as you got off the train you saw a welcome sign saying,"Welcome to Dallas,Texas the friendliest place around!" population 100. When you look down at the small town you recognized a some of the buildings: A Bar,Genral Store, An Inn, and a Sheriff Office. When you start to walk foward you see a man. He says to you," Welcome, to Dallas, Texas"

Here is your first chance to gain some Rep; you could be a friendly person and say,"Hello" or you can tell him something heart-breaking. It's up to you.

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

well howdy partner, this looks like a fine town you got here, I'm looking to get some supplies and earn some good hard cash, any suggestions?

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

Appearance: Average build, somewhat tall, short brown hair, black eyes, scar on left cheek.
Bio: John thought what he always wanted to have was a business of his own. When his small shop, though, proved unable to be an adequate source of income, he was forced to abandon that dream, and look for a brighter future elsewhere. And that place would be Texas, since he also has some family there, who he hasn't gotten the chance to speak to for years.
Gun: M1873 Fast Draw Pistol with 42 bullets
Food: Six pieces of Jerky, Three pieces of Chicken, Two bottles of Milk, Three satchels of Water
Health: 92%
Hunger: 75%
Stamina: 66%

After a little while, I try to silently approach the man hiding behind the rocks to kill him. If any of the other three make a hostile move (if not shoot me with a weapon that happened to be lying around, throw a stone at me or something to distract me), I shoot them (quick reflexes).

As I said, the fact that I 'killed' him didn't matter as much to me. Right now, it wouldn't matter to me at all. I just wanted the more serious part of the fight to have ended when I chose to, with me shooting the man with the gun.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Bio: An old prospector who tried to strike it rich when he was in his 40s. When he was 58 he was an unlucky bystander in a bar fight, which injured his left leg and now he limps. He spends his money traveling to where people tell him gold was recently found.
Perk: Keen Eye/ Dead Eye(Good for spotting gold and keeping an eye on potential thieves)
Gun: None
Money: $155.00
Hunger: 90%
Stamina: 88%

I say "Now that's a fine Colt. That seems to be a fair price. I think I'll buy that."
(I already subtracted the cost)
I walk out of the gun store and walk towards the general store.

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Hunger: 97%
Stamina: 98%

Well if your looking for a gun I would suggest going to the local gunshop in town, although you better hurry. I hear he only has one more gun, until his next shipment. If your looking for food the genral store is right next to the gunshop. As far as jobs go there are plently of them around town you just have to look.

You have gained 5 Rep!
------------------------------------------------------------

Gun: M1873 Fast Draw Pistol
Ammo: 40 (bullets)
Health: 90%
Hunger: 73%
Stamina: 64%

You sneak around until you get to the man with the gun. He doesn't notice you yet, so you manage to aim your gun. While you are aiming the axe man gets back up and shouts to the man with the gun. The man with the gun looks at you and fires, but you fire at the same time. His bullet just misses you, but you hit him in the heart and he falls down dead. What do you do?

Gun: Dragoon 1st Model Black Powder Pistol
Ammo: 48 (bullets)
Hunger: 87%
Stamina: 85%

You walk to the genral store. When you get inside you see a man; he says,"What would you like?"

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I say "What have ye young feller? I'd fancy some type of pickaxe if you've got one, maybe a shovel. I'd also like some grub."

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

Hunger: 97%
Stamina: 98%

I head over to the gun shop as fast as possible

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

Health: 90%
Hunger: 73%
Stamina: 64%

Well, you mentioned there was four of them, right? So, in case the two wounded men are still alive and seem to be able to live on for a little while more, I kill them so as not to have them suffer a slow, painful death. If their injuries can be treated and they are capable of pulling through this (which I doubt), I take them with me back to the city, along with the unarmed man. While doing so, I hold my gun behind them/him, in order to be in control and not let them/him go.

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

Name: Nick "Dead" Baker
Appearance: Muscular build, scars all over besides the face, tan, a good 6'3
Bio: As a child everyone had high expectations for Nick, he was a very bright kid all the way until the accident, when he was just 13 his parents were gunned down by a robber and he was stunned. The only things he could do was life with his abusive uncle or live on his own. What would you pick?
Perk: Keen Eye/ Dead Eye(Has the eyes of a hawk)
Traits: Will protect anyone in trouble, this is also his downside
Gun: .22 Target pistol
Ammo: 69 bullets
Food: 2 Biscuts and a Piece of Jerky
Money: $30
Hunger: 67%
Stamina: 53%

I try to ignore the smell and get some shut eye, then when I wake up head for the bank

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Hunger: 82%
Stamina: 81%

The shopkeeper says,"I got a pickaxe and a shovel if you buy both of them it will be $30.00. As far as food goes it's all up there." He points to a sign above him.

The sign reads:
Food:
Six pieces of Jerky, one for $.50
Three pieces of Chicken, one for $1.50
Seven pieces of Sliced Pork, one for $1.35
Ten pieces of Corn, one for $.80
Drinks:
Two bottles of milk, one for $1.00
Three satchels of water, one for $2.50
Four bottles of Whiskey, one for $.75

Name: First Charlie 'Xenu' Hanson
Hunger: 91%
Stamina: 87%

You run to the gunshop even though the was no reason to. It took a toll on you stamina. When you enter the gunstore you see a man. He says," What do you want?"

Health: 88%
Hunger: 70%
Stamina: 59%

I know I mentioned a fourth guy, but I was in a hurry and I wrote he was a bandit. He was really the dead driver. Well the man with the gun is dead. The axe man has a wounded arm and can't really do anything, so you don't have to kill him. He can be treated at the local doctor. The man with the pickaxe says," Just kill me now, I never really wanted to harm anyone. I wasn't the one who killed the driver. It was the Jason, he's the guy with the gun. Please end my misery!"

Although before you go do you want to look through the carriage and search for things. You might find the water the man was looking for, and you might find some goodies for yourself too. If you don't want to do that then, you have arrived in town.

Name: Nick "Dead" Baker
Appearance: Muscular build, scars all over besides the face, tan, a good 6'3
Bio: As a child everyone had high expectations for Nick, he was a very bright kid all the way until the accident, when he was just 13 his parents were gunned down by a robber and he was stunned. The only things he could do was life with his abusive uncle or live on his own. What would you pick?
Perk: Keen Eye/ Dead Eye(Has the eyes of a hawk)
Traits: Will protect anyone in trouble, this is also his downside
Gun: .22 Target pistol
Ammo: 69 bullets
Food: 2 Biscuts and a Piece of Jerky
Money: $30
Hunger: 64%

You sleep well through the night. You had to wake up sometimes, to throw up, because of that awful smell. Although other than that you slept well. You head towards the bank. You are early, about two hours early(before the attack that is). You see that Campbell has left a key for you to get in, under the backdoor mat. You use the key to open the door. Once you open it what do you do inside the Bank?

IMPORTANT!

I noticed that I have not been on lately. It was because my internet was down for some time. I am very sorry, although that isn't it; I will not be able to post again until next Friday or Saturday. I will be visting old friends, and will probably not be able to access a computer. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will see you guys next Friday or Saturday.

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

Name: First Charlie 'Xenu' Hanson
Hunger: 91%
Stamina: 87%

I ask for whatever gun and ammo he has and any dynamite he may have

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

Health: 88%
Hunger: 70%
Stamina: 59%

I kill the man with the pickaxe, search around the carriage for anything of use - keeping an eye out for the store's items - before taking the wounded guy with me back to the town, to the local doctor.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Hunger: 82%
Stamina: 81%

I say "I'll take the pickaxe, the shovel, and all the food and drinks you've got." (I'm not certain but I think that totals $67.45)

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

dude have you abandoned this? it looked promising

Showing 121-135 of 283