ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] Typing Test and Speed Test

67 38320
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I've been doing these typing tests recently to see how accurate and fast I can type, and I've been getting good scores. The reason this thread is here is to see if there are any fast typers out there. So just take the two tests then post your scores. Also, do you use all your fingers when typing? Do you use proper typing technique? If not, then how do you type?

Typing Test.
Speed Test.

Typing Test Results:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/MatrixJJC/TypingTest2.png

Speed Test Results:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/MatrixJJC/TypingTest3.png

With the speed test, it took me few tries to get the score of 90, first I got 74 words per minute with one mistake. Then I started getting scores into the eighties.

I could probably get around 95-100, but it's difficult typing that accurate and fast with this laptop.
My laptop:
http://www.bbspot.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Toshiba-Satellite-L505D-GS6000-Laptop-with-AMD-Turion-II.jpg
The keys are so close together, but I'll try to get a new score on the speed test later on if anyone beats my score.

I'll do the typing test over again as well if someone beats the score.

• 67 Replies
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

I gave it a quick try, might try again later but now I'm gonna go take a nap.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/84/abcdx.jpg

I got this using the test "Tigers in the Wild".

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That's fast for the typing test. I wonder what score you would get on the speed test. I'll try the typing test if more people post better scores than mine. With that first picture, the test that I took was 'Astronauts'.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
774 posts
Nomad

Why is your score from the typing test so much different from the one from the speed test? what is the difference between the two?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Why is your score from the typing test so much different from the one from the speed test? what is the difference between the two?

On the typing test you type sentences. On the speed test you just type random words that are there.
DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

I got 59 accuracy and 13 errors.

Super horrible in typing both in English and in hebrew.

OH YEAH!

×× ××!

that took me three hours.

jk.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

Here's my result on the speed test, first and only try.
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1364/defr.png

I think the reason why my results were similar is because I'm used to typing with capital letters and commas, so the fact that the speed test only has lower case words with no punctuation doesn't make as much of a difference for me as it does for some people.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I type so horribly slow I would be laughed at if I posted it here.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I type so horribly slow I would be laughed at if I posted it here.

You should still do it, though, and I doubt people will laugh at you for it. I just want to see others' speed and accuracy.

iMogwai, that's a good score. I wonder what Knight will have, he told me he'll be posting try the test in a few hours. Well, I'll try to do the speed test later on, I'm a bit busy right now.
Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I type *ahem* only................ 30.............. words... per minute (second try).

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

30 words per minute and 188 characters I'm never gonna beat you. I forgot the proper typing tecquine so I don't really know if I am applying to it.

jets99
jets99
601 posts
Nomad

my typing isnt very good. I only type with my 2 pointer fingers and some times the others. I can only type 31 words per minute

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I did the Typing Test and got 51 WPM (no errors), but I don't know how to take a screenshot of the results from that test. Therefore, I have no screenshot of it. Once I find out how to take a screenshot of the results, I will try the test again.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't know how to take a screenshot of the results from that test.

Press prtsc sysrq, or print screen, whatever it is on your keyboard. Open paint, paste it, crop it, save it, then upload to an image hosting site, take the [IMG] code, press Image in above the text box, insert link, take out the capitalized [IMG] tags.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I did the Speed Test and got 37 words correct, but 1 wrong. Like the Typing Test, I don't know how to take a screenshot of the results.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I don't know how to take a screenshot of the results.

The button is probably to the right of F12, that's where it is on my laptop.
Showing 1-15 of 67