ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] Typing Test and Speed Test

67 38336
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I've been doing these typing tests recently to see how accurate and fast I can type, and I've been getting good scores. The reason this thread is here is to see if there are any fast typers out there. So just take the two tests then post your scores. Also, do you use all your fingers when typing? Do you use proper typing technique? If not, then how do you type?

Typing Test.
Speed Test.

Typing Test Results:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/MatrixJJC/TypingTest2.png

Speed Test Results:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/MatrixJJC/TypingTest3.png

With the speed test, it took me few tries to get the score of 90, first I got 74 words per minute with one mistake. Then I started getting scores into the eighties.

I could probably get around 95-100, but it's difficult typing that accurate and fast with this laptop.
My laptop:
http://www.bbspot.com/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Toshiba-Satellite-L505D-GS6000-Laptop-with-AMD-Turion-II.jpg
The keys are so close together, but I'll try to get a new score on the speed test later on if anyone beats my score.

I'll do the typing test over again as well if someone beats the score.

• 67 Replies
lightcrux
lightcrux
622 posts
Peasant

I type a measly 43 words per minute (measured using TypingTest with the article - The Enchanted Typewriter.)

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Typing the random words for the speed test really messed me up (I tend to read ahead of what I'm typing when attempting to type fast), I only got about 30 words per second... Going full speed for the typing test, I got a 67 with 2 errors (not to say my typing was near-flawless, I went back immediately after a typo was made and fixed it.).

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Typing the random words for the speed test really messed me up (I tend to read ahead of what I'm typing when attempting to type fast), I only got about 30 words per second...

I could've gotten a higher score on it if all the words were displayed. I don't like how it goes to a new row every time you finish the previous one.
darver
darver
189 posts
Nomad

35 words per minute with 2 errors deducted.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@Graham

Ever taken typing lesson or actual typing practice?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Ever taken typing lesson or actual typing practice?

Sir, this is something that I'd to know as well. Because sir, his typing speed is excellent.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Sir, this is something that I'd to know as well. Because sir, his typing speed is excellent.

You are either being utterly flattering, or utterly pretentious.
Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Using 2, count them, 2 fingers, I can type 38 words per minute.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Threadus revivus!

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/6375/65161940.png

I got better during June.

SwordAndShield
SwordAndShield
567 posts
Nomad

I had to take these for a typing test for programming... they really aren't too hard...

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
466 posts
Nomad

I don't even need to take a test to know it because I took computer classes where typing tests are daily. 35wpm. I never succeded in going any higher.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That's a great speed, Knight. You already know what I got earlier, which is 97.

I'll try to beat your score later when I don't have much to do.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

Heh, only 36 words, thought it would be 50 or so. :l

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I had to take these for a typing test for programming... they really aren't too hard...

They aren't hard at all. They're only designed to gauge how many characters you type over a set period of time.

I'll try to beat your score later when I don't have much to do.

I have to beat mine too.
SwordAndShield
SwordAndShield
567 posts
Nomad

Characters per minute is really more accurate than words per minute.

Just saying.. should be a standard here...

Showing 31-45 of 67