ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 801406
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Anyone wanna friend share the Escalation maps to me?(PS I'm on PS3)

macabeas
macabeas
1 posts
Nomad

Can you do that on PS3?

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Can you do that on PS3?
Yeah...
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

COD lags too much

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

COD lags too much
I have absolutely no problems with lag... you have to have good internet before saying a game sucks do to lag.
Malkoir
Malkoir
156 posts
Nomad

RAGE MOMENTS:
1. You know an enemy is gonna come through that area.
You aim down your sights and prepare to take him out.
An enemy from the side or behind starts shooting (not at you). You turn the corner to look, then you get killed from a guy coming through the area that you were previously looking at.
2. Sniping... Holding down your breathe, spy plane shows a guy is coming around the corner. Guy still isn't coming, you lose your breathe and your sniper gets all crazy with swaying... guy comes around corner, gets away.
3. Sniping, you see the guy, he has no idea that you are there. Shoot once, miss. Shoot Twice, miss. Guy spots you and kills you.
4. Kill a guy cooking a frag then getting killed by the dropped frag.
5. Spontanious car explosions
6. Put a guy into last stand, he kills you, then gets revived by a teamate.
7. RC-XD.
8. Get "No-Looker Knifed"
9. Commando BS
10. Getting Spawn Trapped
11. Throwing a sticky grenade then accidently move at the last moment and stick a wall right next to you and get killed by it.
12. Enemy Huey/Gunship on Jungle
13. Zombies: Teamates who won't revive you
14. Zombies: On a high round, you have a horde behind you. You are running away then the moment you get to a doorway ONE ZOMBIE comes out and traps you.
15. Zombies on Five: Teamate uses elavator alone when a horde is folowing all of you.
16. Zombies: Stupid teamates...
17. People who only dropshot
18. Be a victim of a cross-map tomahawk
19. Enemy SR-71
20. Getting trapped in a corner

AND THE NUMBER 1 RAGE MOMENT FOR ME IS:
21. Random claymores

xeden
xeden
250 posts
Nomad

I was Dissapointed with Mw2. But my instict tells me Mw3 will be AMAZING.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

I love cod itz meh fav and nothins gonna beat it

TheHighwayman48
TheHighwayman48
11 posts
Nomad

you have to admit the xbox 360 has beta grafics for cod but i supose ps3 hase free online for it

The Xbox has horrible graphics, the PS3 runs a higher graphics card as well as Blue Ray, so no I don't have to admit something that isn't true.
I have an Xbox, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that the PS3 has better graphics. Gstroy is right.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

im not sayin its bad cuz of lag but it lags in the worst times

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

It all depends on your connection, as with any multiplayer game.
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

Hey guys i just got a new record for Shangri-la i got to 24 with 4 players,i think thats pretty good if u got better i would like to know what strategy u used

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

-once I'm done pwning noobs I go onto Armorgames forums and, in text form, own some idiot saying COD multiplayer sucks just because he isn't good at it.lesson: Anyone complaining about campers , noobtubes, or joining a losing team shouldn't be playing multiplayer games in the first place.

Is that all you care about?
Do you think you're a good player? You play CoD, that means you're almost certainly not. Now, using your logic I can see why you wouldn't play BF or Halo above it, they just take more skill. It's a shame really that you can't efficiently play a game.

Oh ! Sorry, I was talking about debating! Your arguments have no ground, his actually does, no, he didn't back it up, but yes, the game is rubble in terms of how easily it can be abused.

Lesson: I've been going about this so long already - I doubt that only now you guys realize.

My point: DaBlackWulf and Gstroy are terrible at throwing out solid arguments.

Now, if you would like to actually talk about the game then make a point - CoD is nothing special, it is the same game throughout the last 4 years, the only difference between MW2 and CoD4 is that MW2 is terribly imbalanced, the only difference between Black Ops and CoD4 is that Black Ops has some retarded technical issues.

Any questions?

RAGE MOMENTS:
1. You know an enemy is gonna come through that area.
You aim down your sights and prepare to take him out.
An enemy from the side or behind starts shooting (not at you). You turn the corner to look, then you get killed from a guy coming through the area that you were previously looking at.
2. Sniping... Holding down your breathe, spy plane shows a guy is coming around the corner. Guy still isn't coming, you lose your breathe and your sniper gets all crazy with swaying... guy comes around corner, gets away.
3. Sniping, you see the guy, he has no idea that you are there. Shoot once, miss. Shoot Twice, miss. Guy spots you and kills you.
4. Kill a guy cooking a frag then getting killed by the dropped frag.
5. Spontanious car explosions

6. Put a guy into last stand, he kills you, then gets revived by a teamate.
7. RC-XD.
8. Get "No-Looker Knifed"
9. Commando BS

10. Getting Spawn Trapped
11. Throwing a sticky grenade then accidently move at the last moment and stick a wall right next to you and get killed by it.
12. Enemy Huey/Gunship on Jungle
13. Zombies: Teamates who won't revive you
14. Zombies: On a high round, you have a horde behind you. You are running away then the moment you get to a doorway ONE ZOMBIE comes out and traps you.
15. Zombies on Five: Teamate uses elavator alone when a horde is folowing all of you.
16. Zombies: Stupid teamates...
17. People who only dropshot
18. Be a victim of a cross-map tomahawk
19. Enemy SR-71
20. Getting trapped in a corner
AND THE NUMBER 1 RAGE MOMENT FOR ME IS:
21. Random claymores

The ones in bold are... Incredibly stupid to get annoyed at.

Spawnkilling is ALSO one to get annoyed at because mate, it's part of the game and quite frankly anyone whos played CoD Online for the last month I think would know that if you plan on NOT EXPECTING that, you're kind of dumb.

Yes, I am possibly insulting your intelligence - how long have you been playing CoD?

All the other reasons are parts of the gameplay etc, I really don't understand why you'd get angry over it, instead learn to counter the darn thing, and if ya can't, then there's some balance issues going on (given that it's an FPS, it's pretty impossible to completely balance it).

I was Dissapointed with Mw2. But my instict tells me Mw3 will be AMAZING.

What is your instinct, exactly?

I love cod itz meh fav and nothins gonna beat it

1) You've ignored everything I said and made a blind statement.
2) You refused to reply to what I said and therefore have no basis for argument.

Which one?

It's FPS issues and I think it is most apparent for the computer being as Xbox / PS3 runs it at 60 FPS whereas in CoD4 and Black Ops there are commands to run it above that, I can run CoD4 on 250 FPS but Black Ops, due to stupid technical issues limits me to around 60, spiking.

Seeing people move / shooting etc can cause terrible spikes which I think is what you are talking about, right?

It all depends on your connection, as with any multiplayer game.

If he is, then this becomes invalid - I do not see it in Battlefield, I have never saw it in Halo, and I don't plan on finding it in CoD4.

Also @auggy2627liveca, try not to stick with a strategy too much, once it goes lop-sided your gameplay becomes less comfortable and it becomes more difficult to survive an onslaught, this pretty much applies to any game. If I get economically hit I am off my game for a while until I regain it, if people have a death streak it can effect them psychologically and that doesn't help.

- H
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Do you think you're a good player? You play CoD, that means you're almost certainly not.
First of all, don't be an a$$hole(I hate censorship systems...). And second of all, I'm good at pretty much any multiplayer shooter, I actually like COD better because its a lot more about gun skill than it is about where you're sitting, not saying there isn't camping in COD, I just run into it more in BF and Halo.
My point: DaBlackWulf and Gstroy are terrible at throwing out solid arguments.
All of your arguments have been opinion based, just the fact that COD sells so well says its doing something right. Also, I'm not sure if you've mentioned this, but a lot of people complain about the COD community being a bunch of kids and trolls... on any video related to MW3 I've seen thousands of comments from BF3 fanboys trolling away to their hearts content. On all of the BF3 videos I've seen "I'm more of a COD guy, but I'm looking into this." And none of the idiotic comments that the BF fanboys seem to love so much. So yeah... +1 for the COD community.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

First of all, don't be an a$$hole(I hate censorship systems...). And second of all, I'm good at pretty much any multiplayer shooter, I actually like COD better because its a lot more about gun skill than it is about where you're sitting, not saying there isn't camping in COD, I just run into it more in BF and Halo.

Given my points... that's a little hypocritical.

I actually like COD better because its a lot more about gun skill than it is about where you're sitting

Okay, there's a few things of why this is kind of wrong, not saying it is, but in some ways... well, it is :P
Sniping in BFBC2 is and probably will be harder than what you'll ever get on CoD. That, and there are specific "methods" which you pretty much need to know in how to use the weapons (LMG's are more accurate the longer you fire, they're suppressive, making Medics a very powerful support class) (Assault Rifles maintain accuracy in bursts, but still maintain very nice lethality) (SMG's are close range in Battlefield terms, they're not very effective in medium-long range fights but given their role, they're more of a Spec Ops unit if they're not on the frontlines helping Tanks).

And secondly... it doesn't rely on where you're sitting. With Battlefield you can adapt, you don't have cover? Make a small crater, if that guy is camping, suppression actually works and no - it doesn't give you points but I think we can both agree that playing for individual (not team) points is a bit too focused for an FPS.

All of your arguments have been opinion based, just the fact that COD sells so well says its doing something right.

I dislike travelling a debate in circles - we've been over this part, I question the integrity of those opinions.

Not that sales equates to a good game anyway...

I've thrown out so many darn arguments over CoD and thus far they've been incorrectly rejected, the technical issues, not mentioned, the imbalance, not mentioned.

Also, I'm not sure if you've mentioned this, but a lot of people complain about the COD community being a bunch of kids and trolls... on any video related to MW3 I've seen thousands of comments from BF3 fanboys trolling away to their hearts content.

I cannot disagree with that. Yes, there is indeed a lot of aggressiveness from the BF players that it is incredibly hypocritical -- and I dislike that a great deal. It's like when Age fans were raging over the graphics in Age of Empires Online, childishly (yes, I used that word on purpose) accusing it of something which hasn't been backed up other than the flexible and lively graphics it has (cartoony).

On all of the BF3 videos I've seen "I'm more of a COD guy, but I'm looking into this." And none of the idiotic comments that the BF fanboys seem to love so much. So yeah... +1 for the COD community.

Granted, but may I add the amount of BM present in CoD games' communities (BM = Bad Manner, simply put :P )? Whilst ripping into a game with no arguments backing it like a lot of BF fans do is inexcusable, I do find that the CoD community can be very disruptive in its own house.

BUT... To be fair, that's a vocal minority by most chances. As I've said however, the communities opinions are not of the matter.

I'd say that's +0.75 to the CoD community - it's definitely valid.

To be more "on-topic", may I establish a couple things?
1) This is slightly related but I do feel my standing hasn't been made clear - I don't stand for any FPS game, since BF3 has this silly preorder bonus which backstabs a large amount of the previous Battlefield community I very largely second guess what they're planning.
2) CoD and a lot of FPS' should not be based on sales etc. There is NO doubt that CoD is very successful in terms of business, but in actual quality (I have discussed this with KentyBK many times and whilst I know this is difficult to separate, I still think it should be ), I feel this falls greatly, if the developers tried building on CoD4 not so rapidly, took it's time and refined the things that made it so good, then I would be rooting for CoD right now. With MW2 I seriously think they just tried to enhance it on so many levels they got the flat things (weapon damage, capabilities in maps, etc) very wrong.

There's my 2 points. Feel free to pick out the parts you think are wrong (or just go through it bit-by-bit) and I'll see you later, hopefully.

- H
Showing 181-195 of 3990