ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 801354
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Batgrumpy
Batgrumpy
33 posts
Nomad

Has anyone else seen the preview trailer of CoD MW3?

Looks totally awesome

unchaineddiablo
unchaineddiablo
3 posts
Nomad

I am laughing so hard right now! I'm playing Black Ops online now: I'm a level 50 4th Prestige and I just got three kills in a row from throwing random tomahawks across the map. WIN!

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Well Cod points is sort of stupid, It new, I dont buy every gun anyway so why wait to unlock them. I only use silencers only. I do thin 1 claymore is gay though.

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

-Get rid of CoD Points: You should EARN attachments and camo, not buy them.

COD points made it so you could save up and get the good attachments as opposed to going through all the crappy ones.
Alot of your equipment and perks and killstreaks are redundant, or over powered, or both. An EMP RPG? One hit kill, because EMPs destroy electronics which aircraft need to fly. ANd you have two chopper gunners on their, so thats a waste too. Alot of your ammo replenishing ideas are also pointless, because you can just have scavenger.

-They aren't over powered, I balanced all of them.
-That's what I was going for with the EMP RPG.
- How do I have to chopper gunners?
- Scavenger only replenishes a little.
EMP Claymore, EMP RPG, EMP Charge. EMPs don't work like that in real life, so theres no point putting them in a game

-There is no EMP Claymore, first of all. Secondly, that is how EMP's work. All it is is an electromagnet...
And that Nitrogen things, thats just dumb. I'm sorry, but it is. Liquid Nitrogen would dissapate before it hit the ground, and the fact that a harrier follows it is completely over powered. A better idea would be to have a B1-b Bomber buzz the map, and all enemies are stunned for 15 seconds or something like that.

It was an actual tactic... used in Vietnam... and its a 10 killstreak, making it not overpowered...
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

COD points made it so you could save up and get the good attachments as opposed to going through all the crappy ones.

Right, because buying attachments are a bank-breaker, right?
123bradpull
123bradpull
38 posts
Nomad

you are all true because its booring aftr awhile you have to buy them so if you nlock them with pints it will be beta

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

And that's the point of CoD points - it's so you can be yourself without having to rank up and get everything you don't want / need first. Earning camos etc? Hell no, it's boring trying to farm it and whilst it does seem to pay off in the end, doing a game and getting $250 is quicker, funner and easier.

Right, because buying attachments are a bank-breaker, right?

Increase the costs depending on how much of a specific attatchment is being bought. If you like the Red Dot and 2.5 million people buy it over the last week, its price is $5000 as opposed to $1000. Make an influence to try and balance out who uses what.

But then again - that would ruin the point of the system.

It was an actual tactic... used in Vietnam... and its a 10 killstreak, making it not overpowered...

Yeah, because being awesome at CoD is to be realistic.

Has anyone else seen the preview trailer of CoD MW3?
Looks totally awesome

Yep, because showing you four locations that will be in the singleplayer and multiplayer is totally game changing.

Show us some good stuff, not a crappy teaser, I wanna see the AT4 blowing up a buil-- oh wait.

- H
Nadiri
Nadiri
17 posts
Nomad

Normal killstreaks were in the first MW. But now... You know, killstreaks must HELP getting kills. In MW2 or BO if someone gets AC-130, gunner or Pavelowe (don't know how is it spelled), you're on the way to lose the game. I want to play the game, where random idiots, which are camping in the corner, won't spoil the whole game by calling in nukes and other ****.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Indeed, Killstreaks should be bonuses, not game-deciding factors. Make it a manual upgrade like better ammunition (from MoH but still), I mean, then you have an advantage over players you go toe-to-toe with but nonetheless it is nowhere near unbeatable. When you get bombarded by a napalm strike and you die inside a building it gets out of hand.

UAV is one of the best killstreaks, it shows enemy locations, can help tactical decisions, gives an awareness advantage BUT it removes the awareness factor a great deal. Imagine if UAV's were not allowed in CoD4 hardcore mode and you could only rely on your senses? I'd love to be on Wet Work with an MP5SD going around shooting people like a ninja.

- H

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

You've hung yourself man. If I can just buy the best guns, the best attachments, than you end up with everyone having overpowerd guns. The best FPS, in my opinion, are the ones that are balanced. Being able to buy the best attachments and guns destroys balance. No balance, no fun.

-They aren't over powered, I balanced all of them.

-That's what I was going for with the EMP RPG.

*looks at first statement.*

*looks here*

*looks at first statement*

*looks here*

Okay... EMPs work by shutting down all electronics. SO one hit from an EMP RPG would insta-kill *any killstreak*. The point of balance is that every weapon or attachement or whatever has a balance. Stingers are balanced with flares. Claymores are balanced becasue you can see the red laser extending from them. Etc, etc.

- How do I have to chopper gunners?

- 9-Chopper Gunner: Allows you to take control of the gunner position in a chopper.

- 11-Gunship: A controllable helicopter with a machine gun and rockets.

Great job balancing everything man. Great job.

- Scavenger only replenishes a little

Your point being? I can just use scavenger, or even better, pick up my enemies weapons. I'd much rather do that and have 2 chopper gunners than waste my killstreak rewards.

Secondly, that is how EMP's work. All it is is an electromagnet...

EMPs shut down electronics. Aircraft need electronics to fly. EMP RPG, with one hit, takes down any aircraft. Thats grossly over powered. And a small EMP is just a waste. People would just avoid the area, and go around it if bothers them that much. And chances are, it won't. In MW2, EMPs never affect me because I use Iron sights, or I create a mental dot where the RDS was. So it kinda defeats the point.

It was an actual tactic... used in Vietnam

Facts, Links, Pics, or GTFO. Interestingly enough, Google shows nothing about Liquid Nitrogen being sucessfully used as a weapon... ever.

When you get bombarded by a napalm strike and you die inside a building it gets out of hand.

Not really. Realistically, the Fire would suck the oxygen out of the building, and suffocate anyone inside. American Marines did the same to the Japs in WWII. Set the area around the cafe on fire, and the oxygen gets sucked right out.

Make it balanced, and make the napalm strike smaller.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Being able to buy the best attachments and guns destroys balance. No balance, no fun.

I'm fairly sure he didn't mean it like that, I think he meant "best" as "best for your style", you don't wanna go unlocking an ACOG scope when you want a suppressor, now do ya?

Also, CoD isn't balanced. Black Ops has snipers shooting all over the place (and missing), MW2 just has some of the most insane weapons you'll see... eva. It's too much to go into, but it's just terrible.

Not really. Realistically, the Fire would suck the oxygen out of the building, and suffocate anyone inside. American Marines did the same to the Japs in WWII. Set the area around the cafe on fire, and the oxygen gets sucked right out.
Make it balanced, and make the napalm strike smaller.

I've done it before - It's not about realism. You want realism? Get something like Battlefield. How does jumping around the corner, spinning a 360 degree angle in a second throwing a knife into an enemies foot and KILLING him count as realistic?

Make the Napalm strike hit outside of buildings or covered areas, and refine the maps around that like all other killstreaks. <3

- H
koolkylekool
koolkylekool
247 posts
Nomad

CoD 4 was an amazing game, MW2 was moderately good, Black Ops is terrible. Anything to add? Oh yeah, WaW. But nobody cares about that thingy. It's a pariah now.

They ruined sniping in Black Ops because they got scared of quick-scoping, so they made all the snipers fairly ineffective, and they made the assault rifles almost identical. Oh, and for the people who say, "NOH THEY ARENT" check the stats- the FAMAS, Enfield, and AUG are extremely similar (The AUG and FAMAS share the same stats, Enfield has one less fire rate point.) also the M14 and the FAL are practically identical, with simply minor recoil differences.

The pistols are slightly pointless, the revolver is useless in core modes unless you like emptying half a clip into someone, then having to do a long reload. Also, the M1911 is just a crappier Makarov, and the ASP is just that gun that nobody uses because it has almost no damage. The CZ75 is almost worthwhile, but the crappy full-auto attachment serves almost no purpose but to show you that having full-auto on a pistol is a bad idea, considering pulling the trigger is nearly as fast.

The shotguns are pathetic, their ranges are so short that it can be difficult to kill anyone unless you are either highly skilled or manage to get into a tight place, in which case knifing would be more effective. Also, the HS-10 shotgun is very bad, the SPAS-12 serves a much better role but has ineffective iron sights and wide crosshairs, so it has a limited role in core, but does pretty well in hardcore.

The SMG's are toned down a lot. Most of them are simply high-fire rate weapons that might be good if you like to get yourself caught face-to-face with enemies and hate your knife, but in a normal situation their range is so short that trying to get kills at medium range is a pointless venture. I'm a little partial to the MP5K, which got me through my second prestige with flying colors, but I've always preferred the AK-74U, which was my de-facto weapon until the damage was toned down, so now it just serves the role of that-gun-that's-okay-in-hardcore.

I felt that the perks were lackluster. Tac Mask was pointless, you can just run from the nova gas, Marathon was okay, Ninja was also pointless, Scout was okay but not preferable, Hardened hardly made a difference until upgraded, Sleight of Hand was reliable but lame because it doesn't effect snipers anymore. Scavenger was great, but not changed at all, and Lightweight is the only other Blue Perk I use because the rest are pointless. I'd rather run from grenades than be able to stand my ground. But Ghost was okay, when I wasn't getting mobbed by Ghost noobs who ran around blazing with their AK-47's and Grenade Launchers.

If MW3 has good snipers, I'll buy it, but if they f*ck up again, I ain't touching that ****.

COOKIEMONSTERSOLDIER
COOKIEMONSTERSOLDIER
5 posts
Nomad

Best rush class. Galil with dual mag and silencer. Dual python. Tomahawk. Concussion. Claymore. Lightweight Pro. Warlord (of course).And i use hacker but anything will do for the third perk.

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

You've hung yourself man. If I can just buy the best guns, the best attachments, than you end up with everyone having overpowerd guns. The best FPS, in my opinion, are the ones that are balanced. Being able to buy the best attachments and guns destroys balance. No balance, no fun.
The thing is, there are no unbalanced guns in Black Ops, maybe the Famas and 74u a little, but you can easily beat them. Its not like the ARs in MW2.
- How do I have to chopper gunners?[quote]Facts, Links, Pics, or GTFO. Interestingly enough, Google shows nothing about Liquid Nitrogen being sucessfully used as a weapon... ever.
It was actually used, I can't find an article, but I learned about it in History recently.

- 9-Chopper Gunner: Allows you to take control of the gunner position in a chopper.

- 11-Gunship: A controllable helicopter with a machine gun and rockets.

Great job balancing everything man. Great job.

- Scavenger only replenishes a little

Your point being? I can just use scavenger, or even better, pick up my enemies weapons. I'd much rather do that and have 2 chopper gunners than waste my killstreak rewards.[/quote]
Did you not play Black Ops? Such an ignorant statement... the Chopper Gunner allows you to control the gun of an AI controlled helicopter, the Gunship is completely controllable. And in Black Ops, it really well balanced, chopper gunners don't decide the game, they can be shot down rather easily.
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

That's weird, the Facts quote is in the middle of the Chopper Gunner quote.

Showing 16-30 of 3990