Forums

ForumsVideo Games

[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

Posted Apr 28, '13 at 12:04am

IAgreeWithYou

IAgreeWithYou

419 posts

Yeah, infinity ward is only allowed to make games based in the modern ages.  Treyarch is only allowed to make games that aren't modern.

I think infinity ward tried to sue treyarch for that very reason. However the court case was extended to well after the game had been released so they dropped it.

Posted Apr 28, '13 at 9:40am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,529 posts

Yes, but like I said, treyarch broke some rules. That might earn iw some wiggle room.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 1:19pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

3,681 posts

....Oooooh. That makes all kinds of sense. Also, in the new Tesco leak it said that Ghost would be a whole new story with new characters etc.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 6:34pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,529 posts

So ghost`s does take place in the slight future, similar to modern warfare. I dont know exactly when. Like you said, its supposed to be a new story with new people, and im not sure if you go here you can see a small tease for it. What you do is you can link your twitter/facebook profile to it. Once you do, your profile pic will be added to a mosaic that sort of looks like a skull right now. Some people have the full image, and it looks like a skull with and eerie white over it with the next tease, "The ghosts are real", similar to BO2`s "The future is black" bit. It honestly sounds pretty good. New engine, new story, new cast, new movements and there is a good chance of the multiplayer having destructible environments, and an even better chance for it in the story.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 6:35pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,529 posts

*ghost`s story
Also, spec opps is out of the game and is going to be replaced by something completely new.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 7:31pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

3,681 posts

Well I certainly hope that there's a destructible world. Not only because the concept itself is cool but also because that would likely mean bigger maps. I also really hope (and rather expect) that it was Sledgehammer Game's fault that MW3 sucked, but even if it comes out that it was them I still won't pre-order it after what happened with BO2.

Posted Apr 30, '13 at 12:16pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,529 posts

I probably will again. Ill tell you how it is. It sounds like a move in the right direction.

Posted Apr 30, '13 at 1:16pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

3,681 posts

Yes, it does, but the new story won't effect the MP much.

Posted May 1, '13 at 6:53am

killersup10

killersup10

1,789 posts

How much sooner would Killersup have the game if he pre-ordered it? Also, how much would it probably cost? Ghost sounds decent enough, but that is what everybody thinks about the next call of duty.Atleast thats what they say...

Posted May 1, '13 at 9:57am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,529 posts

See, I dont know. It comes out Nov. 5th, but I want it for PS4, not PS3. So im not sure how that will all work out.
Also, Arms Race is up on BO2. Its like TDM, but more points-per-kill that counts toward your scorestreaks.

Reply to [Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

You must be logged in to post a reply!