ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 803381
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
123bradpull
123bradpull
38 posts
Nomad

halo is beta than cod not cod is beta than halo

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

halo is beta than cod not cod is beta than halo
Halo is the glitchiest game I have ever seen...
swagman
swagman
156 posts
Nomad

i ruined my perfect k/d ratio yesterday!im so mad

Tegre1
Tegre1
1 posts
Nomad

Black Ops zombies: "Five"
How am i supposed to freaking kill the pentagon thief before he takes my weapons?? Ive tried the pack a punched ray gun and shooting down on him, but he still gets it before i can kill him.. Should i try using the Speed boost drink? Also, does teamates shooting at the large cloud of numbers even do damage to him? cuz you cant see him and id like to know if i should just conserve my ammo.

miniphu
miniphu
72 posts
Nomad

CoD is a video game. I'm not looking for realistic aspects (although quick scoping is annoying). I just want to run and gun with an M16 Masterkey. And 3/4/5 killstreaks with hardline pro mean spamming spy planes and jammers. And hitting the lottery with care packages feels great.

Xenon911
Xenon911
127 posts
Nomad

Yeahhh! GOT MY FIRST NUKE!
Wasteland/M16 grenade launcher/predator missile(triple kill)/frag (multi-kill(4))/chopper gunner...Thank THE WORLD YOU EXIST!!!

...yea i kno i sound annoying...

weter506
weter506
159 posts
Nomad

Call of Duty is one of the best games in a decade,and i am on stage 40 of 4 prestige!!

feedthemonster
feedthemonster
3 posts
Nomad

I know its supposed to be a fun thing, but it annoys the crud out of me when COD gets their weapons all mixed up. For example: the HK21 is supposed to have a rate of fire of about +-800rpm, but in the game, it is much slower. Another is the 1911 vs the CZ75. In the game, the CZ is substantially more powerful than the 1911. In reality, the CZ is a 9mm, and the 1911 is a 45 acp, wich is a way better round. There are many others, but it would take all day to get into them all. My philosophy: if youre going to do it, do it right. Just my 2 cents.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

In the defense of CoD, game balance usually matters more and I wouldn't be surprised if they base it more on the looks and the sounds -- if it sounds more powerful it makes sense in a game to have it more powerful.

In the offense of CoD, yes, they could rate the weapons properly, have it more realistic (if only slightly) and actually make it balanced.
The AA-12 Can shoot from either 70 yards away or 200 yard - I think it's 200. Given that, MW2 is way... WAY off.

Oh, and the AA-12 is an automatic-grenade launcher. Enjoy real life.

Just kidding, but yeah, it is, I'm just saying - keep limits but keep it as right as possible with that in mind.

- H

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The AA-12 Can shoot from either 70 yards away or 200 yard - I think it's 200. Given that, MW2 is way... WAY off.

Depending on your shot, it can range from 70 to 250 yards. Though if the range was anything over what it was, the game wouldn't be any fun.

Oh, and the AA-12 is an automatic-grenade launcher. Enjoy real life.

Its just a chambering difference. It uses the same firing mechanism, but a different barrel and magazine. Quite innovative actually. Real life is very enjoyable.
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

Black Ops zombies: "Five"
How am i supposed to freaking kill the pentagon thief before he takes my weapons?? Ive tried the pack a punched ray gun and shooting down on him, but he still gets it before i can kill him.. Should i try using the Speed boost drink? Also, does teamates shooting at the large cloud of numbers even do damage to him? cuz you cant see him and id like to know if i should just conserve my ammo.

Well, if you are on solo, go to the juggernog big room. Place some claymores on the steps when it is the Thief round. Go upstairs in the Double Tap floor and shoot him as much as you can with your best gun, you'll get max ammo and sale when you kill him. If you didn't kill him when he gets close to you, change for your other weapon and go after him. It works most of times.
markoklisanin
markoklisanin
11 posts
Nomad

Oh it's a great game.I like Black ops.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Its just a chambering difference. It uses the same firing mechanism, but a different barrel and magazine. Quite innovative actually. Real life is very enjoyable.

Given what our discussion is about... I find that statement very disturbing.

On another note, this is an opinion of a professional gamer.
And then this is an opinion of a professional caster. (5:25 to 15:09 is pretty much the most related part, though you should give the time to watch all of it if you ask me)

Points are:
1) People being ripped off through various methods
2) Games are sucking
3) The method of better quality

I want better quality, I despise CoD for how bad it is and how easy to win it is (referencing the first video) and I want to play a game that gives me that through not buying anything else - including Battlefield 3. I know I'd love the game but as said in the second video, Totalbiscuit is boycotting it and so am I.
Athene also mentions this in one of his videos as well. So yeah... Bring back the stuff we want in games, don't try and get all the money you can from us.

Oh wait, I'm on the CoD thread where people care more for games...

Woops. Sorry.

Nope, I'm not joking either, half the CoD players are know are impeccable sheep who will follow CoD wherever it goes - helping to ruin the gaming industry and hell yes, I know this sounds like I'm a doomsday preacher (as the 2nd video may show as well) but nonetheless, you only lose several hours of entertainment which honestly could be better used in order to save principles.

Which is more worth it?

- H
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Given what our discussion is about... I find that statement very disturbing.

Run, kiddies, run! Momma can't save you now!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Seriously though, I only realized that when you mentioned it.

For me, CoD went bad after MW. The Balance really went out the window, and MW2 seems the same as MW. So its just like they're repeating everything all over again. It gets really boring, really fast.

I'm not the biggest videogamer, so I dunno.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I'm not the biggest videogamer, so I dunno.

Given your criticism and "unique" opinion (given how everyone seems to think CoD is God), I'd say the first video says you'ze a gamer!

- H
Showing 91-105 of 3990