ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 801403
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

Honsety call of duty should just make a game about nazi zombie nothing else. They should bring back all the maps. Campaign should be the creation of nazi zombies and u wont b alone there will be two people with you. Then u have to fight ur way through all the maps with a couple new ones. To gain success u only hav to get to round 15. multiplayer is just normal multiplayer. This may say dumb

calemango
calemango
83 posts
Nomad

I can only experience CoD on the xbox 360, and while defeating zombies in the game I lose sincerely. Hopefully, if they create a call of duty game ONLY based on nazi zombies I'll b better.

DeadFamous
DeadFamous
153 posts
Nomad

I like playing Black Ops. I've only been playing it for a few hours, but I enjoy the quick action that's guaranteed for any game mode.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Yes but WHY?!
Because:
1) You like the idea of it (or the more "natural one&quot or
2) You like having more POWER than you could being a vulnerable and single soldier.

Why would someone like to play RTS? Hmmmmmmm tough question (which might be more subjective than anything I could hope to guess xP).

I'd say it's because, like most good games, RTS offers a wide variety of player choices. The difference here is that, unlike an Adventure or RPG, an RTS game HAS to be built around player choices and strategy, which also means it's one of those genres where a good balance is generally better than a bad one.

TL;DR I'd say the vast amount of choices in units,strategies, etc.

(correct me if I'm wrong - it is legally art, correct?)

I have no idea honestly. That might also be situational depending on the country. :S

then I feel those that have higher quality aren't the most renowned ones.
Is the Mona Lisa the best piece of art ? Maybe for how well known it is and who it was made by, but truthfully is the actually appearance of it better than others?

Did I not hammer this point in enough? xD

Just BECAUSE something sells, doesn't mean it is better than other things.

But at the same time, something that is very good in the eyes of the market will sell strongly.

It gets a little confusing if you don't seperate the ACTUAL quality of a game, with a game being quality because the market wants it.

A game could have the best gameplay/graphics/replayability EVER, but it'll still fail if it's something that the market isn't interested in(or even outright refuses)

A good game needs to be both of those things and maybe even more (by being so good it attracts people that aren't part of your core market - something that the Wii did exceptionally well at launch) in order to be truly considered "good" (or maybe even a "classic" if you will).

It truly does, but I feel (this is going a bit back on-topic now ) CoD has gotten lazy and has just leeched off of its predecessor which made them so popular - CoD4.

Which is why one shouldn't try imitate CoD in general, but CoD4 specifically since that is the one that started it all.

As an example, look at Zelda. All modern Zelda games are designed after Ocarina Of Time (which is the most successful one of them). But what they SHOULD be doing, instead of trying to copy the Ocarina formula, is looking at the influences that INSPIRED the Ocarina formula in the first place.

Okay, that's a fair idea and I may end up using it but, here's the standpoint of someone in my position (what could be the standpoint, anyway):
I have Footmen
I have Star Battle
I have Zone Control
I have Smashcraft
I have Marine Arena
I have Zealot Frenzy
I have Battlecraft
I have MineralZ
I have Desert Strike 1338

I don't need any more. :O

TLR -- I have enough things, I don't need any more (and to be blunt, I can't be bothered looking for it).

Even so, you have the problem of not having enough players in that specific mod. I can go to the fifth page, join a random mod and see that no one will come for so long - that's a big problem.

I admit this might be a problem that's very specific to Starcraft, because it is, by design, a Multiplayer game. A game like Oblivion wouldn't need several people testing mods at the same time.

I will NOT say that Game of the Year's accurate but GotY is a pretty big deal.

To repeat what I've said in another thread: I don't even think so. From what I see, GOTY is just another attempt at hyping, instead from the media instead of publishers.

It would be much more interesting if there weren't 313231 individual GOTY awards.

Steam is good for indie titles, it's very good for indie developers and I'm thinking we're going to see more awesome stuff. :>

Ehhhh, Steam is little more than a marketing platform for me(to buy stuff that I've already heard about xP). I normally check stuff like the indie games blog to check up on games I might be interested in.

Not to mention there's LOADS of free and awesome Indie games (Hydorah being a very awesome example).

In a way I disagree. The problem with Amnesia is that it would actually be difficult getting people into it until they try it -- "Oh, a horror game, herpa derp why not get F.3.A.R?"

The need to see the game on full-scope is a hint of a good game. Every detail has its part.

It's situational I'd say - something like CoD, yeah, you can talk about it, something like Battlefield? So-so, if you ask me. Something like Crysis 2? So-so, again.

Amnesia? Definitely need to PLAY it (watching it is not the same).
Starcraft? Watching a lot of videos works out well (I've seen over 200 professional games...
Yes I have too much free time).

Again, I'd say Amnesia is a special case,since it relies a lot on its horror and atmosphere. Just like you wouldn't be able to properly describe a horror movie to someone.

Just to clarify... We're both talking about Steam, right?

Yes,yes I am. Last Remnant actually required you sign up for Steam even if you bought it in retail :S
superskip
superskip
5 posts
Nomad

Blacks ops was not that good apart from zombies, love the new dlc (annihilation) shangra-li is one of the best maps. Hope they continue the zombies series or at-least make a clear but good ending.

jesseses
jesseses
21 posts
Nomad

i think the modern warfare series are better exept for the zombies.
they should put zombies in mw3 that really makes it better

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

i think the modern warfare series are better exept for the zombies. they should put zombies in mw3 that really makes it better
IW would just do what they did with the MW series... screw it up.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

TL;DR I'd say the vast amount of choices in units,strategies, etc.

Yes but that stretches to the nature of "freedom", I'm talking about natural or instinctive entertainment. Granted, violence probably isn't natural with the exception of self-defense and hunting (or taking hunting grounds for survivial / prosperity).

Did I not hammer this point in enough? xD

It was mostly rhetorical.

A game could have the best gameplay/graphics/replayability EVER, but it'll still fail if it's something that the market isn't interested in(or even outright refuses)

In which case, I've little leverage in my argument -- there's not a great deal I can back it up with except looking at objective facts and subjective logic.

I admit this might be a problem that's very specific to Starcraft, because it is, by design, a Multiplayer game. A game like Oblivion wouldn't need several people testing mods at the same time.

Indeed - out of all the mods I know, I can think of a few which are better for multiplayer but still able to be played by one player, and another called Terran Facility: 17 which I swear to you is an attempt to replicate Sonny 2 - it has IDENTICAL music, it has nearly identical gameplay and I promise you it is amazing to play even with 1 player.

It would be much more interesting if there weren't 313231 individual GOTY awards.

Indeed, that's why I'm afraid to say it as a fact because someone could easily come along "No you derp *insert famous game here* is the GoTY!"

Ehhhh, Steam is little more than a marketing platform for me(to buy stuff that I've already heard about xP). I normally check stuff like the indie games blog to check up on games I might be interested in.
Not to mention there's LOADS of free and awesome Indie games (Hydorah being a very awesome example).

I often get what I already know but that is through word of mouth - Totalbiscuit being the biggest one. He was the one who highlighted Magicka, and was the one who (for me at least) highlighted Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Again, I'd say Amnesia is a special case,since it relies a lot on its horror and atmosphere. Just like you wouldn't be able to properly describe a horror movie to someone.

Depending on what the focus of effects of the games were, it does vary. That's one of the reasons I said "so-so" for Battlefield and Crysis. Crysis has for the most part just flat out great graphics - but Battlefield has plenty of audio and visual effects which make an amazing atmosphere.

Yes,yes I am. Last Remnant actually required you sign up for Steam even if you bought it in retail :S

As did Modern Warfare 2 I believe.

It would help if Steam was more publically recognised - it's certainly growing but nonetheless.

- H
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Yes but that stretches to the nature of "freedom", I'm talking about natural or instinctive entertainment.

Is there really a point in seperating entertainment? I find that just gets overly subjective, since everyone prefers different kinds of entertainment.

Granted, violence probably isn't natural with the exception of self-defense and hunting (or taking hunting grounds for survivial / prosperity).

Those are......somewhat big exceptions o.0

But I think that feeling of "natural" or "instinctive" entertainment doesn't exactly have much to do with the RTS genre specifically.

I'd say that comes from the age old human nature to defeat opponents (and prove superiority), which got into games ever since Multiplayer was invented (and if we consider Tennis for 2.......pretty much always xP). The reason RTS has a lot of that is because that's the most Multiplayer-centric genre I can think of (apart from MMOs maybe).

Terran Facility: 17 which I swear to you is an attempt to replicate Sonny 2 - it has IDENTICAL music, it has nearly identical gameplay and I promise you it is amazing to play even with 1 player.

After looking at it myself, I'd disagree. It seems VERY heavily inspired by FF7: the battle system is pretty much a complete copy (which isn't a bad thing mind you) and the beginning was a big homage to it too (it also started with the hero entering a city by jumping off a train xP). Heck, even the Title screen-ish picture was directly ripped from that game xD

I often get what I already know but that is through word of mouth - Totalbiscuit being the biggest one. He was the one who highlighted Magicka, and was the one who (for me at least) highlighted Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

But Let's Players have their own taste too, which means it's very easy to miss awesome games you might enjoy personally (which is why I only ever watch those channels to do "research" on games I already intend on getting).
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Is there really a point in seperating entertainment? I find that just gets overly subjective, since everyone prefers different kinds of entertainment.

Yes but my point is that entertainment in a natural sense is more approachable by everyone - when people actually think about what they like they may have opinions differing to that of other people, CoD is instinctive entertainment if you ask me.

But I think that feeling of "natural" or "instinctive" entertainment doesn't exactly have much to do with the RTS genre specifically.

My point exactly.

The reason RTS has a lot of that is because that's the most Multiplayer-centric genre I can think of (apart from MMOs maybe).

The campaigns of RTS's (being as it has to have freedom otherwise it's not really an RTS) are very good, MMO's are definitely the biggest multiplayer-centric games. :P

After looking at it myself, I'd disagree. It seems VERY heavily inspired by FF7: the battle system is pretty much a complete copy (which isn't a bad thing mind you) and the beginning was a big homage to it too (it also started with the hero entering a city by jumping off a train xP). Heck, even the Title screen-ish picture was directly ripped from that game xD

Gameplay was very familiar to Sonny 2 from what I remember - that, and it had the same music.

Perhaps both? :P

- H
crazyhman
crazyhman
45 posts
Nomad

why would adrenaline be under equipment? It should be a perk:
Adrenaline rush, like second chance only faster firing and speed, you are also standing but you only have about 10% health and you bleed out in about 10 seconds.

jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

i hate noobs that take ur kills and ur window on zombies also wen they dont revive even though u r three feet in front of them, there are no zombies and u have 7 guns literally some being ray and thunder but they go on their marry way lookin at u.

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

why would adrenaline be under equipment? It should be a perk:
Adrenaline rush, like second chance only faster firing and speed, you are also standing but you only have about 10% health and you bleed out in about 10 seconds.
People are already pissed enough at last stand, I really don't think they should add another variation of it. As for it being equipment... it for balance issues.
DaBlackWulf
DaBlackWulf
12 posts
Nomad

a typical time in cod:

-spend a long period of time searching for a game
-get into a game your about to lose in say, 5 seconds
-wait in lobby for next game
-realize that the map sucks and leave
-join a new game thats halfway through
-instantly realize your being spawn trapped and lots of air support is above
-rage quit
-join another game
-get noobtubed
-ragequit
-join another game
-get killed by a dirty little camper
-ragequit
-etc

lesson: call of duty multiplayer is a load of bull****

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

@DaBlackWolf My typical time in COD:
-spend 15 seconds looking for a game
-join a game that I'm about to lose
-clutch and win the game on my own
-get killed by a camper
-be smart and flank the idiot camping
-get killed by a noobtube, then move on to Black Ops for a lot better multiplayer
-once I'm done pwning noobs I go onto Armorgames forums and, in text form, own some idiot saying COD multiplayer sucks just because he isn't good at it.

lesson: Anyone complaining about campers , noobtubes, or joining a losing team shouldn't be playing multiplayer games in the first place.

Showing 166-180 of 3990