ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

4150 435898
Cenere
Cenere
13,743 posts

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 4,150 Replies
Gstroy
Gstroy
484 posts

I'm not installing MW2 or Black Ops on this computer.
Understandable being on PC, on consoles it's not as bad.
I'd like to see a little more built on attatchments and customizability. For the most part they took a great step in customization in Black Ops however it could certainly get better and more complex - picking where to put it on your gun, how big, etc.
Well they are adding the duel scopes in MW3, which should be interesting, and I agree that they could have had more customization with the weapons... maybe even a make your own camo.
One thing I don't understand is what's up with the limitations of emblems? I'd rather be able to make something as bad / good as I want without thinking "I can only have 12 signs to make this - can I do that?"... it also makes people WANT to use those 12, feeling like it's not at full effect if they don't.
I think the did that to keep people from making anything to sexual... not that it made a difference, but I can understand it.
Then you can download small &quotacks" of items that are combinations of smaller ones (Minecraft, anyone?) for free off of other players.
Or better yet you could make your playercard, save it, and use it as another emblem to make an even better player card.
Highfire
Highfire
3,047 posts

Understandable being on PC, on consoles it's not as bad.

I hope so

Well they are adding the duel scopes in MW3, which should be interesting,

2 Scopes mounted on one weapon?
Wow, that's just about the biggest Quick-scope No-scope thing they've implemented ...

Not necessarily a big deal if you ask me, it adds a small amount of adaption which was much more present in Crysis 1 - especially with invisibility etc.

and I agree that they could have had more customization with the weapons... maybe even a make your own camo.

I think they should go all-out on customization, a bit like Brink. I know CoD likes to portray itself as a "this is war" style game but I say "to hell with that" and that they should maintain the same atmosphere (for multiplayer) but just go far far out with customization to the point where each player can look different.

I think the did that to keep people from making anything to sexual... not that it made a difference, but I can understand it.

Fairly dull if you ask me. People will easily be able to anyways and it's part of the game, sadly. There's not a great deal that can stop them unless they are reported - sadly I've heard nothing of people being reported and punished for being like that.

I'm simply saying that I don't understand why they would put limitations - apart from the complexities of UI and how difficult it could get removing parts considering it was made for Console. It wouldn't be such a problem for PC though as they could've implemented a part where you could simply click the piece on the Emblem (clicking it again would select what's under it, and then clicking it again would do the same, so on, so on).

Or better yet you could make your playercard, save it, and use it as another emblem to make an even better player card.

Wait... what?
You're talking about using it twice it seems, can you elaborate a small bit?

- H
Gstroy
Gstroy
484 posts

2 Scopes mounted on one weapon?
Wow, that's just about the biggest Quick-scope No-scope thing they've implemented ...
The duel scopes is a holographic sight for close range and a magnifying scope that you can pull up to make it better for long range. It works really well for urban environments where you're ducking in and out of buildings.
Fairly dull if you ask me. People will easily be able to anyways and it's part of the game, sadly. There's not a great deal that can stop them unless they are reported - sadly I've heard nothing of people being reported and punished for being like that.
Well there is an option to report them because of an offensive player card, I just don't know what they do about it.
Gstroy
Gstroy
484 posts

Sorry... clicked post to early. Anyways...[quote]Wait... what?
You're talking about using it twice it seems, can you elaborate a small bit?/quote] What I'm saying is when you make your player card, you should be able to save it and use it later as a custom design to make a better player card... man that's hard to word...

Highfire
Highfire
3,047 posts

The duel scopes is a holographic sight for close range and a magnifying scope that you can pull up to make it better for long range. It works really well for urban environments where you're ducking in and out of buildings.

Nice but unnecessary for some players, good to have the option though.

Does that mean people without dual-scopes will have 2 attachments at any time? I don't see why not at this point.

Well there is an option to report them because of an offensive player card, I just don't know what they do about it.

There ya go - there's not much reason for them to limit customization other than what the UI allows.

What I'm saying is when you make your player card, you should be able to save it and use it later as a custom design to make a better player card... man that's hard to word...

It's hard to understand
It's probably because I may be misunderstanding how you mean &quotlayer card".

Do you mean using the design somewhere else on the playercard, or something?

- H
remington13
remington13
2 posts

i love cod it is awesome the only problem is is that broocks dies

metro159
metro159
81 posts

So anybody wana play Zombies on PS3
i has all maps and ima beast :3
if you do hit me up on psn
GT: syrupboi

kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
614 posts

in my opinion.... Battlefield 3 will PWN black ops and MW3..... better everything in there.... its jst... better...

Gstroy
Gstroy
484 posts

in my opinion.... Battlefield 3 will PWN black ops and MW3..... better everything in there.... its jst... better...
Good for you... but this is a COD thread, not a Battlefield fanboy thread, so just shut up and leave.
EDawg555
EDawg555
2 posts

ADD ME ON XBOX LIVE I PLAY COD MOSTLY WEEKDAYS

Highfire
Highfire
3,047 posts

Me: So how is it better exactly?
kingofwar1234: I don't know... umm.. Blowing up stuff?
Me: Yeah, but how badly could that effect game balance if not done properly?
kingofwar1234: Not that bad... I don't think... Umm...
Me: What about the preorder bonuses of Ba--
kingofwar1234: Oh oh! I preordered it!
Me: You're aware of what they're doing with it... right?
kingofwar1234: I get some stuff to kill people with ?
Me: Er.... yes.
kingofwar1234: Problem?
Me: Not for you, apparently.

- H
IxPvPxI
IxPvPxI
87 posts

Black Ops is way too easy. They need to make a game that has all professionals cause I got 15th prestige 50 way too quickly.

Highfire
Highfire
3,047 posts

Black Ops is way too easy. They need to make a game that has all professionals cause I got 15th prestige 50 way too quickly.

Refer to most of my arguments to see why CoD isn't for that anymore.

- H
HOTDOG99
HOTDOG99
1 posts

Cod is a mental game, it is nae better than halo cos halo is ****e and too futeristic. Gstroy, loving ideas put them on cod 9 website for ideas like they did for MW3!

Highfire
Highfire
3,047 posts

Cod is a mental game

How?

halo is ****e

How?
and too futeristic

How?

loving ideas put them on cod 9 website for ideas like they did for MW3!

What?

You literally make NO sense.

- H
Showing 211-225 of 4150