ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 801311
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

why don't you like black ops? unlike any of the other call of duty games, Black Ops actually had a coherent story

The campaign was OK, but multiplayer just got boring after awhile 15 prestige's, maps were almost all the same (Left, right or middle)
And all you need is the famas to win. Its like the modern warfare 2 noob tube.
I say the best campaign was COD 4.
You can't go wrong with that.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

Infinity Ward screwed up the story (terrorist killing people on his side?) and did not pay attention to balance in multiplayer.

I am going to agree with the multiplayer part, gameplay is alot more fun with Black Ops (online) when the weapons are more balanced. To be honest, I am glad the quickscoping is gone. It's quite a pain in the #$% sometimes.
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

say Modern Warfare 2 was a fail
Infinity Ward screwed up the story (terrorist killing people on his side?) and did not pay attention to balance in multiplayer.
This is why when making Modern Warfare 3 I have no doubt it will be the same flawed, consolidated turd Modern Warfare 2 was.
Congrats for being rich and popular though.

I felt as though you insulted me.. I say it had a better story then black ops could have ever achieved. I don't really enjoy FPS on computers cause the controls are clunky. So what i think before me lies a BO fan boy.

-J
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

I say the best campaign was COD 4.

Definitly agreed on this point. COD4 is the unspoken standard for all FPS games.
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Which brings me to this next idea.
Will captain price BE in Modern Warfare 3? Also, don't judge the game play that has been released. This is a sample of the game, they haven't yet enabled the actual gun sounds and models. They let everyone know what the mission would sort of look like. Its like you judging a book by it's cover. Its like a BETA mode.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I felt as though you insulted me.. I say it had a better story then black ops could have ever achieved. I don't really enjoy FPS on computers cause the controls are clunky. So what i think before me lies a BO fan boy.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve with that statement, but allow me to point out a few things:
1) I am against everything MW2 and onwards - as far as I'm concerned we're debating about 2 BAD things, which are very insignificant in terms of the game industry.
2) I rather neither of them, CoD4 was and still is my favourite.
3) I don't even like FPS anymore, when I played CoD it was a good run and Battlefield was great too but due to different problems with both franchises and my love for RTS I simply say "screw you" to the genre. :P

consolidated

Actually there isn't a real term for something that appears made for console. Consolified / Consolidated are both wrong - but at least you understood my point.

I say it had a better story then black ops could have ever achieved

Mm-hmm. So when the Russians backstab Britain and America by following Zaekhaev after his death and someone who religiously follows him bombs Russians who also follow him... that makes sense.

Or you could see how General Sheppherd kills Ghost and you for... well - really, WHAT reason is there?

At least Black Ops didn't have flaws in its story.

I don't really enjoy FPS on computers cause the controls are clunky

1) For CoD that is not the case, it's faster to use a keyboard / mouse than it will ever be for a controller.
2) Like a controller, PC input requires a bit of getting used to.
3) Is this another example of consolified ware?

Will captain price BE in Modern Warfare 3?

Soap, Cpt. Price, Nikolai and some new characters appear in Modern Warfare 3 to my knowledge.

Also, don't judge the game play that has been released.

That's like not judging a game by it's demo - it's almost entirely the same thing.

This is a sample of the game, they haven't yet enabled the actual gun sounds and models.

Yeah - but for getting a general idea then it's a fair thing to judge on.

They let everyone know what the mission would sort of look like.

The same as Modern Warfare 2 - it's the same style and nothing has changed.

Its like you judging a book by it's cover.

The point of a book is detail - from the 12 minute gameplay in BF3 you can quite easily see all the detail you need, aside from Multiplayer info. It doesn't take much to see that Battlefield looks awesome, and the little details (building pieces, devastation, potshots, etc) can be seen even now.
Same counts for CoD, of course - sure, they may not have it all down yet, but when do they have such a large scale of detail? The NEW thing they're doing (if it was detail) should be the thing shown in the demo, not the same format of a mission with a new attatchment which meets the equivilent of a minor content patch.

Its like a BETA mode.

It's not difficult to judge from Beta's either, WoW: Cataclysm's beta from what I saw gave a very clear picture and it was only in patches that changed it that stopped it doing what it looked like it would have.

Would you like me to rip into Modern Warfare for not having dedicated servers, for having Call of Duty: Elite, and ultimately likely being the same likely crap present in the last 2 games because quite frankly I don't need a DEMO of the game to decide for whether or not I'm getting it.

- H
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Its like a BETA mode.

And this is where he shoots himself in the foot. A beta, in game developement terms, is a game that has are features implemented and is essentially completely playable. The point of a beta is bugfixing,polishing and balancing (which is why you need a lot of people for beta tests to limit the amount of balance/bug issues).

While it is fair to assume the gameplay footage we saw doesn't necessarily have to be 100% the same (since minor changes still happen of course), it's foolish to assume the game will go through radical game-changes before release.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

^ What he said

- H

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

I did not feel like reading that huge paragraph of what highfire had to say XD
Looks like someone took some time to make their point.
Oh well, all in all. I love Modern Warfare games, and nothing will make me change my mind, i played RTS games such as SC and WOW. But to me WOW is a life waster... Takes way to much time out of your life :l
Cod is a fast-paced game, not a 1 year to do whatever game.
I'm tired of reading these. So if you respond to this im not checking.
C ya

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

C ya

And so he finds his ejection seat.

*sigh* I'm very sick and tired of this ignorance from the CoD fanbase. Let's take Mr. J's attitude here and let it symbolize the rest of the CoD community, just for effect.

If someone wants to get a point taken across and sound intelligent because they feel strongly about their opinion, then they're allowed to rewrite all three Lord of The Rings books in the King's English backwards, as long as if strong arguments based on the foundation of solid fact are present.

This CoD fanboy shows ignorance, an unwillingness to engage in intelligent arguments, to avoid arguments that will destroy his own, and with his defenses down, has to "Screw you guys, I'm going home" his way out of the now one-sided argument. =_=*

I love Modern Warfare games, and nothing will make me change my mind

An unwillingness to change shows an unwillingness to innovation, to change, to evolution, to bettering, a key symptom in the series and Fandom of Call of Duty nowadays.

i played RTS games such as SC and WOW
World of Warcraft is an MMO, not a Real Time Strategy title.

Takes way to much time out of your life
The time you put into your game is the time you put into your game.

Cod is a fast-paced game, not a 1 year to do whatever game
It's not the destination, it's the journey. I mean, most of Mass Effect 2 is based around recruiting people for one final mission, and that game was named Ign.com's #1 Modern Game of 2005-2011.

So the template for the average Call of Duty fan we have here is an ignorant, stubborn to change and innovate character who believes in simple speech, unintelligent argument and conversation, and overall pinheaded-ness.

=_=* I can't believe you had to deal with this guy Highfire.

-Chillz
JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

I just had to see what a tool like yourself had to say.
I see your both buddies considering you put pointless signatures at the end of your paragraphs. Get a life kid.

JalapenoFez
JalapenoFez
904 posts
Peasant

Im done being negative now, I'd rather not get banned -.-
Its just people like you annoy me so much, im not saying your right. But your just insanely annoying and have way to much free time. Your not to much different fan-based wise. Your a what? Oh a RTS fan? I'm sure you have your reasons to get mad at the other person (ex. Protecting your friend?)

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

[quote] I love Modern Warfare games, and nothing will make me change my mind

An unwillingness to change shows an unwillingness to innovation, to change, to evolution, to bettering, a key symptom in the series and Fandom of Call of Duty nowadays.[/quote]

The reason the CoD fanbase is so large is due to the style of game. Fast paced action, lots of attachments, no mucking around and many different game types.
Many people in the world just want a quick fast paced game which they can come to and relax. (Sort of...)

Battlefield and the other hand, includes more strategy and is alot more slowerpaced. This game suits people who enjoy more teamplay compared to CoD's more one man army (even if you are on a team).
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

It was a valid point.

It was a valid point...

Oh well, all in all. I love Modern Warfare games, and nothing will make me change my mind,

You could've said that at the start and NOT waste my time you know, 27 pages (now 28) of debate I've been going through and no CoD-fans have been willing to listen, good job.

i played RTS games such as SC and WOW. But to me WOW is a life waster... Takes way to much time out of your life :l

WoW takes time, definitely, what about SC then because that is not slow-paced in any way.

Cod is a fast-paced game, not a 1 year to do whatever game.

WoW takes grind but it doesn't take that long, and depending on what you prefer it could all be fun in WoW anyway.

C ya

To quote ChillzMaster:
And so he finds his ejection seat.
*sigh* I'm very sick and tired of this ignorance from the CoD fanbase. Let's take Mr. J's attitude here and let it symbolize the rest of the CoD community, just for effect.

If someone wants to get a point taken across and sound intelligent because they feel strongly about their opinion, then they're allowed to rewrite all three Lord of The Rings books in the King's English backwards, as long as if strong arguments based on the foundation of solid fact are present.

I don't do this to sound intelligent btw - this is actually how I think in a debate... I've been doing it for the better part of three years now I think I've grown into doing this naturally O.o

An unwillingness to change shows an unwillingness to innovation, to change, to evolution, to bettering, a key symptom in the series and Fandom of Call of Duty nowadays.

Actually yes! Didn't you write this before in a much larger scale? It's the acceptance of the same game per year and it is infuriating. :<

The time you put into your game is the time you put into your game.

I think he has a valid point mind, if he puts in 4 hours and another puts in 6 the other player inherently has an advantage. Be it money, gear or level.

I mean, most of Mass Effect 2 is based around recruiting people for one final mission, and that game was named Ign.com's #1 Modern Game of 2005-2011.

Mass Effect 2 was baws because there was never a convenience where "Our hackers were able to tell X from Y" or something, you do it entirely by yourself, you tell the Man "I was able to recruit Archangel."
"How exactly? Last I heard he was neck deep in bullets."
"We were convincing."
Half the time what you would see as the Man would be very vague, and that's often what you get in many other games but not in this one - I find it a little difficult to explain but nonetheless.

So the template for the average Call of Duty fan we have here is an ignorant, stubborn to change and innovate character who believes in simple speech, unintelligent argument and conversation, and overall pinheaded-ness.

... I can't really say much to that - I can't say it applies to all CoD players and truthfully you're setting out a bad atmosphere for newbloods who may decide to come in. :P Sadly though yes, it's what I think we see the most. :<

=_=* I can't believe you had to deal with this guy Highfire.

Oh you haven't seen his arguments after your post yet

How is he a tool, JalapenoFez? Go on, I'd actually like you to tell me because thus far it's been backwards if ANYTHING - now it's obvious.

I see your both buddies considering you put pointless signatures at the end of your paragraphs.

I see you and ChillzMaster are both buddies because you have writing, then a Capital letter than more writing. Highfire, JalapenoFez, ChillzMaster.

We're allies in terms of debate but honestly we don't talk with eachother much - it's much easier making an effort to understand something coming from someone you know has a valid or otherwise valuble opinion, though.

Get a life kid.

Hypocricy much?
No really that is... O.o that's not even backed up, the only thing I have to say is that you REALLY don't make sense.

I've been more negative and have not been banned, I feel the only difference is I had an actual point - what point is yours? This isn't about CoD anymore as far as I see in your debates so what? You're just trying to win the argument?
You're aware that that is pathetic, right?

Its just people like you annoy me so much, im not saying your right.

No, you've been calling us kids without lives - fail.
Also, why would we be annoying? We've valid points and thus far you've been a deterring and abusive fool.

But your just insanely annoying and have way to much free time.

Fail. I find you stupid because you're an idiot - that's exactly what you just did there.
Free time? OH MY GOD, WE HAVE 4 MORE HOURS IN THE DAY TO DO STUFF?!
We're evil for having 240 minutes more than you, aren't we? I feel ashamed.

Your not to much different fan-based wise.

Here's where you lie or otherwise don't understand. We are not fan-based, I rather the RTS', sure, but as far as I'm concerned they have no say in this thread. To you, they might, because you're trying to undermine my plausibility it seems.

Your a what? Oh a RTS fan?

Age of Empires, Command and Conquer and SCII. Does that make me a fan? No, it's the fact that I like this genre that makes me a fan.

I'm sure you have your reasons to get mad at the other person (ex. Protecting your friend?)

I don't merely debate about games and thinking about that - no, I protect him because I see his reason and agree, not because if I don't he'll unfriend me and block me on Facebook which is usually the case with everyone else.
I haven't got ChillzMasters facebook btw.

Also, have I be mad at you? You've been worse, as far as I'm concerned.

Battlefield and the other hand, includes more strategy and is alot more slowerpaced. This game suits people who enjoy more teamplay compared to CoD's more one man army (even if you are on a team).

I'd say CoD with a team only means that you don't need to watch your back and you have less people to shoot at - the extent of teamwork in CoD is really just that your teammate kills the guy you're shooting, or he shoots a guy before he shoots you.

Many people in the world just want a quick fast paced game which they can come to and relax. (Sort of...)

It's damaging to the game industry - can I understand just messing about on a game in your free time? Absolutely - I have Magicka and love it.
Can I understand it being a Triple A title given the most media praise than anything else?
No, the technical difficulties alone should not be there, the insane lack of balance should not be there - it has a low standard, especially as a Triple A.

- H
ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

and now we enter the realm of name-calling... FANTASTIC. =_=*

I see your both buddies considering you put pointless signatures at the end of your paragraphs

just a common style to a fraction of the populace... though Mistah H. has been doing it far longer than I...

hey wait, you did the same thing for a post on page 26! I smell hypocrite!

Somebody got an email from a mod!

Its just people like you annoy me so much, im not saying your right. But your just insanely annoying and have way to much free time.
I understand the annoyances, but it's 2am and I'm a nocturnal during summer; what I do with my time is what i do with my time.

Your not to much different fan-based wise.
No my friend, you and I are two different shades of purple. Shades of purple, yay, but totally different shades.

Your a what? Oh a RTS fan?
I'd like to imagine myself as an Xbox-based all-arounder. While I play nearly every genre on my console, I also partake in the unique experiences (i.e. Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Minecraft) that the PC offers.

I'm sure you have your reasons to get mad at the other person (ex. Protecting your friend?)
A wise man once said, don't get mad, get even. >8^)

On top of it all, every single dude needs a wingman, every can of peanutbutter needs a knife, every sword needs a shield, and whenever Highfire is barreling down the field of Glory for the future of Games and the spirit of Innovation, you bet your Call of Duty-loving *** I'll be right there next to him.

And that goes for anybody who's willing to stick it out through the brown and grit to get the Arkham Asylums, the Portals, the Starcrafts, the colorful experiences of Games that push the medium into the artform that we strive for every day.

-Chillz

Mods? This is ChillzMaster. We're done here.
Showing 256-270 of 3990