ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 801316
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

This fora is about CoD.
If you like different games. Ok, good for you.
You kind of ruin the thread by repeatedly saying your opinion.So go outside, play, and look for some friends boy ( or girl ).

Defending or otherwise countering anothers opinion - with reason.
Is there any hint that I am right on any level given how little valid resistance I seemed to have met? KentyBK was right in everything he said, we were talking on different levels which to be quite frank mine was an unstable one given that it had no solid foundation but a valid point.

Pls CoD is just every time the same old ****. Ever since CoD modern warfare there hasn't been a major change in the game, that's why I have stopped playing CoD. And to be honest I think battlefield 3 will be much of the same. Because they already have a great game.

And that's your point. I'm not necessarily repeating what I'm saying and thus you've done for the most part the exact same. Of course I've been a plague for the last 30 pages but hey - my points against CoD still stands.

Also - boy.

- H
Aax5
Aax5
13 posts
Nomad

The problem with COD is the frustration when you are killed. I enjoy it, off and on, but a lot of the times, when I try to relax or enjoy myself, I just get pissed as my shotgun fails to kill one shot effectively. I enjoyed it the first few months, but now within 2-3 games, I tend to just quit, in rage.

I've never played another FPS then COD, so I can't say I just hate COD. However, I'm a big RTS fam and I am rarely unhappy when I play them. I don't feel the anger when I get 6pooled, or at least it doesn't last very long. However, COD just aggravates me beyond control. Getting killed by a person simply lying down in wait repeatly while your bullets seem to be going through him is very aggravating, and is what makes me want to quit the game.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Then... quit it? :P

There is always a fair explanation for losing in a game like Starcraft II - half the time as a Zerg it's me failing to scout. When it's an FPS and I kill 2 guys what makes it fair for me to die against the third? :O

I generally don't rage, I know it's a bad game and expect nothing else as far as I'm concerned - if it isn't fun (which doesn't even last a full game) I leave.

Not that I have it installed anymore. I have 3 games on this computer:
League of Legends
World of Warcraft
Starcraft II
Apart from Mass Effect III, MAYBE Battlefield III if they've stopped that retarded Preorder bonus and my already owned Amnesia / Magicka which I can play in my 6 weeks off... that's it.

That's not a lot considering that I've got 9 Age games, Mass Effect II, Command and Conquer, Fable, Armies of Exigo (I may actually install this), Crysis 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Operation Flashpoint |, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Bioshock (never got into it), Serious Sam II, Assassin's Creed, Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, Act of War and Red Alert 2.

I also probably didn't mention Call of Duty 4 and 6, The Settlers: Rise of an Empire, Aliens vs Predator, Crimson Skies, Dark Messiah: Might and Magic, Mass Effect I and Alien Swarm.

Oh, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield Vietnam, and Battlefield: Road to Rome.

Black Hawk Down, Farcry, Just Cause (how could I forget that?), Crysis 1.

Just been through the shelves on this desk and that's what I found.. O.o

I haven't played some of them - Armies of Exigo took me 6 years to get into and then I was kicking myself for not loving it at first sight, Dark Messiah kept crashing, Crimson Skies no longer works, there's a missing disk for Red Alert 2, Farcry was lame at the start (throwing rocks owns.... Right..).

Sorry for the list and I know it was dumb but what else am I going to say ?

That is seven games I plan on having, I had more than 10 previously, not that I needed the vast majority of them >.>

- H

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

A totally opinion-based statement. Halo has good MP progression in my book
First statement I can agree with, but the second one I can't. There is no progression, everything is available at the start, it doesn't take dedication to unlock your favorite weapons, it takes joining a game...
Let's see, other than Iron sights and traditional Sniper scope, you've got ACOG, Holographic, Red Dot, and... hm. And don't try to take me down with that reticule customization thing, we're talking about scopes in term of functionality, not looks.
The way High said it made it seem as if that's all there was customization wise, i was saying that there are more than just a couple scopes, things like duel mags and rapid fire.
You go from zealously praising a ridiculously flawed game to saying it was "amusing" and a one-time playthru. Shifting positions shows an unsteady foundation.
Campaign doesn't necessarily make up a game, take Team Fortress 2 for example, it doesn't even have a campaign and it's still considered a good game. If you had taken all I had to say instead of picking and choosing what you wanted to read you would have realized that. I clearly stated that the MP was great.
MW2? BAM! They worked the "kill your own character" concept to such a degree that it was nauseating, the plot left me befuddled (so, WHY did Shepard betray the Brits again? and wouldn't Britain kinda be mad? And how did Russia get that powerful? I thought the US was the most powerful country out there?) and while the new UI and ability to nuke people fooled most, I was more concerned with the samey gunplay, multiplayer system, graphics, aesthetics, weapons, and overall feel of the game. Spec Ops with a friend is cool though, I'll give it that food stamp.
MW2 did have a weak campaign and multiplayer(as well as spec ops in my opinion) which is why I don't play it, Black Ops had an ok campaign, and the multiplayer was good(in my opinion).

I don't know if I come off as it, but you guys seem to be acting as if I think COD is the best game out there... I don't. It has it's flaws, but at the end of the day it's fun(me and 25 million other regular player can contest to that)and in the end that's what really matters.
BettyFo
BettyFo
2 posts
Nomad

i like the cod ideas above very much , i think you should mail it to treyarc or activision or so , i would love to see some of your ideas back in the game.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

ok so most people on this thread are against CoD.
Why do you check this thread.
I mean. I had times i enjoyed CoD. This is with an exceptation from Black Ops. But i want to play Modern Warfare 3. I am not looking foreward to it and i aint gonna buy it. But i don't mind if my friends plays it with me

ooier
ooier
28 posts
Shepherd

new red perk:
fighter: -20% health (tricky perk) fighter pro: -5% health, but 50% faster regearation.

how to get pro:
get 5 tomahawk kills
kill 10 enemies while your almost death
50kill with rapidfire attachment

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

it doesn't take dedication to unlock your favorite weapons,

I really can't say it takes dedication to get weapons - getting 10th / 15th prestige? Yes, but simply ranks or weapons? Not really.

That's like saying it takes dedication doing a Battleground on World of Warcraft - it's much more like taking dedication to consistently get the top tier of gear.

The way High said it made it seem as if that's all there was customization wise

Sorry about that - customization in CoD hasn't gotten better and prefering Crysis 2 or Bad Company 2 over CoD I didn't think I would hint customization as one of my top priorities
In practical uses there are a small few amount of scopes.

i was saying that there are more than just a couple scopes, things like duel mags and rapid fire.

Why limit you to one, however? In Crysis 2 you can have as many attachments as you can fit on there with a few exceptions. Lazer Sights / Reflex / Assault(ACOG) sights are possibilities in one of four sections.
Then you have your underbarrel - Hologram / Grenade Launcher / Gauss Rifle and roughly 4 others :P
I'm not going to go on - but I'm just thinking that it's only good customization because you have choice, whereas if you took a lot of the attachments in CoD, you could apply most of them into a single gun, Extended / Dual mags? Easily.

I'd lol if I see a bipod for the snipers to reduce sway now XD Or a strap for it.

Campaign doesn't necessarily make up a game, take Team Fortress 2 for example, it doesn't even have a campaign and it's still considered a good game.

The main reason I usually don't care about the campaign in FPS is because they're not something... amazing. It's just a generic campaign and you don't see anything new or any good presentation of it - that, and what am I going to be playing longer? Singleplayer or Multi?

I clearly stated that the MP was great.

It looked alright from what I know - gunplay I'm not too sure about but I feel like it could easily be something like MW2 where you die in a matter of .25 seconds.

MW2 did have a weak campaign and multiplayer(as well as spec ops in my opinion) which is why I don't play it, Black Ops had an ok campaign, and the multiplayer was good(in my opinion).

One thing I appreciated about Black Ops' campaign is that it was streamlined - it wasn't this usual "Big script" fight everywhere, granted, it was in some or a few places but I can easily say that the little details they put in (Hitting the guard with a rock) made it much more lively.

It has it's flaws, but at the end of the day it's fun(me and 25 million other regular player can contest to that)and in the end that's what really matters.

That's one of the problems though. What game actually can't be fun nowadays? The main reason I would not be entertained by CoD is because I think it's a bad game - I can get entertained by any modern game and most made a decade ago (Armies of Exigo was a stellar job, Age of Empires II I play with my family to this day and Crash Bandicoot / Mario / Sonic / Pokemon are amazing games in their own respect!)

It's the debate of quality in my opinion - is it fun? Easily, is it a good game in balance etc? I really can't say it is.

To throw it out there. I find Halo balanced. It sounds dumb but it's this rolling the dice action in Halo where the better the weapon the stronger you are - things were unbalanced to the point where it actually was balanced. You wasn't always fragile but sometimes it only took a shot, you couldn't always go in unless you had a lovely gravity hammer or energy sword.

I don't know if I come off as it, but you guys seem to be acting as if I think COD is the best game out there... I don't.

It's a bit hard to know how to reply given what I just said above - do you construe games the same way I do or are we at a different understanding?

ok so most people on this thread are against CoD.

It makes good discussion it seems

Why do you check this thread.

I don't check the WEPR because of idiocy which is beyond the level I see on here... surprisingly.

I mean. I had times i enjoyed CoD. This is with an exceptation from Black Ops. But i want to play Modern Warfare 3. I am not looking foreward to it and i aint gonna buy it. But i don't mind if my friends plays it with me

You're more or less against CoD and rooting for your friends playing it with you. O.o

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I am not against CoD. I think they did a great job on some games. But nowadays it becomes the same. But a friend is going to buy it and if he is playing it ok no problem.

cqc
cqc
2 posts
Nomad

i love cod

cqc
cqc
2 posts
Nomad

me im on wii cod vice[klnu]

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Sorry about that - customization in CoD hasn't gotten better and prefering Crysis 2 or Bad Company 2 over CoD I didn't think I would hint customization as one of my top priorities
In practical uses there are a small few amount of scopes.
In my opinion that works for Crysis, but I don't think it would work in COD. Could you imagine someone running around with a noobtube, a red dot, duel mags, and using OMA and Danger Close... it would be insane.
The main reason I usually don't care about the campaign in FPS is because they're not something... amazing. It's just a generic campaign and you don't see anything new or any good presentation of it - that, and what am I going to be playing longer? Singleplayer or Multi?
Agreed, shooters really need to step up their campaigns and rumor has it the MW3 campaign will give us a good fourteen to sixteen hours, so we can hope.
One thing I appreciated about Black Ops' campaign is that it was streamlined - it wasn't this usual "Big script" fight everywhere, granted, it was in some or a few places but I can easily say that the little details they put in (Hitting the guard with a rock) made it much more lively.
That's the main reason I like Treyarch over IW, they are a lot better at writing and executing a story. WaW had a good campaign as well, although I was pretty pissed at Treyarch while playing though on veteran...
That's one of the problems though. What game actually can't be fun nowadays? The main reason I would not be entertained by CoD is because I think it's a bad game - I can get entertained by any modern game and most made a decade ago (Armies of Exigo was a stellar job, Age of Empires II I play with my family to this day and Crash Bandicoot / Mario / Sonic / Pokemon are amazing games in their own respect!)

It's the debate of quality in my opinion - is it fun? Easily, is it a good game in balance etc? I really can't say it is.
I say if it's fun, has an active community, and you can afford it then buy it. If I had a job I'd probably buy fifteen to twenty games a year.
To throw it out there. I find Halo balanced. It sounds dumb but it's this rolling the dice action in Halo where the better the weapon the stronger you are - things were unbalanced to the point where it actually was balanced. You wasn't always fragile but sometimes it only took a shot, you couldn't always go in unless you had a lovely gravity hammer or energy sword.
Really? Weird... It always seems that once someone picks up a rocket launcher and the Energy Sword, they don't die until they're out of ammo, I hardly find that balanced.
It's a bit hard to know how to reply given what I just said above - do you construe games the same way I do or are we at a different understanding?
In my opinion, video games are for fun, if you get a good story with it, that's a bonus, I look for how fun the gameplay is... and COD seems to nail it with the 60 fps and smooth controls(at least on console, I understand you are a PC player and may have a different experience). Speaking of which, could I add you on Steam, so we could discuss this at a slightly faster pace?
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

In my opinion that works for Crysis, but I don't think it would work in COD. Could you imagine someone running around with a noobtube, a red dot, duel mags, and using OMA and Danger Close... it would be insane.

I agree honestly, but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense - perhaps the attachments need to be less significant? Noobtubes to be regarded more as surgical tools - taking out guys behind cover or something.

How would they do that? I don't know.

The Red Dot Sight really isn't a good attachment though - I'd say it's "that thing" you put on your gun when you don't want or need anything else.

Dual mags wouldn't be that bad, honestly - though it would defeat the point of Sleight of Hand.

Agreed, shooters really need to step up their campaigns and rumor has it the MW3 campaign will give us a good fourteen to sixteen hours, so we can hope.

That's a lot of quantity but I doubt how good it will be story-wise (why else would you play the campaign). Hopefully they'll have some battlefield-ish (not the game) scenarios where it's much more realistic but make it so that the lack of destruction etc isn't apparent - or script it which I would hate.

That's the main reason I like Treyarch over IW, they are a lot better at writing and executing a story. WaW had a good campaign as well, although I was pretty pissed at Treyarch while playing though on veteran...

If veteran is very difficult, then OORAH!

I say if it's fun, has an active community, and you can afford it then buy it. If I had a job I'd probably buy fifteen to twenty games a year.

I have £360, but I still don't buy Fable III, the legit version of Minecraft, Frozen Synapse, Modern Warfare III (I'm not gonna lie - I would enjoy it), Skyrim (I don't buy anything to the point where I barely know what it is), Brink, Team Fortress 2 (now it's Free to Play mind ya ), and probably others.

I don't need them - I plan on spending most of tomorrow playing Starcraft II with my mate in preparation of owning Season 3.

Which we won't... really

Really? Weird... It always seems that once someone picks up a rocket launcher and the Energy Sword, they don't die until they're out of ammo, I hardly find that balanced.

It's because of the mindset of the players usually I reckon. It's just run around and shoot - the same way CoD is done if you ask me, in the same way you're surprised that guy pops a lazer in yo *** is the same way you're surprised when the guy in the corner shoots you from behind as you sprint through the doorway.

Which is one of the reasons I despise how people find balance in FPS - in League of Legends I had was obliterating a bad enemy team who consistently tried ganking with all their heroes. They called me Overpowered and my reasoning was literally:
"Anivia - given your playstyle and the fact that neither you nor I are in the position or skill level of making balance decisions, I think it would be better trying to find a way to beat me, not go on about how you can't as of yet."

Is the grenade launcher overpowered? I don't know. I am not in the position to judge and I actually could probably come up with a way of defeating it.

Do I? Well no, Starcraft II, WoW and LoL are my games now.

I look for how fun the gameplay is... and COD seems to nail it with the 60 fps and smooth controls(at least on console, I understand you are a PC player and may have a different experience). Speaking of which, could I add you on Steam, so we could discuss this at a slightly faster pace?

Hehe, in Call of Duty it's usually much better for PC with 250 FPS - sadly Black Ops has the command to do so but still doesn't run it properly, for some reason.

Smooth controls? I think it would actually be better with PC given how it could be easier with a mouse / keyboard (to someone who are used to them - I've been using them for about 8 years now and have touched little on consoles).

My Steam Account Name is pigsheadz and please... Don't ask where I got that name from

- H
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Really Highfire Gstroy and everyone else.
If you know it all so good.
Make your own ****ing game.
I bet you even couldn't create a platform game

cam25
cam25
73 posts
Nomad

i love zombie maps

Showing 286-300 of 3990