Forums

ForumsVideo Games

[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 10:42am

ImTheMostManlyMan

ImTheMostManlyMan

2,809 posts

Since you're not sure and I'm starting to dislike CoD, I'd say no. Wait for a map pack or two to come out and see if that's the type of thing you want.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 12:45am

WorstSniper

WorstSniper

340 posts

Does anyone have the problem of not being able to join friend parties? I just tried joining my friends party but all it said was unable to join. I have found no solution plus all of our party privacy settings are open. I need to find one RIGHT NOW because this is just pissing me off.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 1:33am

devsaupa

devsaupa

924 posts

Does anyone have the problem of not being able to join friend parties? I just tried joining my friends party but all it said was unable to join. I have found no solution plus all of our party privacy settings are open. I need to find one RIGHT NOW because this is just pissing me off.

The joining option rarely works, and the joinable sign is a lie almost all the time. Basically, just have them invite you.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 2:24am

WorstSniper

WorstSniper

340 posts

The joining option rarely works, and the joinable sign is a lie almost all the time. Basically, just have them invite you.

That... does not work.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 8:02pm

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,414 posts

Check your NAT types if any are strict then this person needs to get it sorted and the best way I can think of is by port forwarding I recommend going on portforward.com and searching your router and following the step by step guides helped me a ton.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 4:22am

leo99rules

leo99rules

1,756 posts

Am I the only one that has this "Well this game is good, there's nothing wrong. There's nothing OP. There's nothing game changing. It's all just...meh." feeling about black ops 2? Don't get me wrong I like the game and all but I just don't find it very interesting. I kind of have a neutral feeling over the whole game. Borderlands 2 is giving me so much more fun. Black ops 2 just feels like it went "Safe mode" and made game that appeals to all the COD4 guys and the n00bies. I also don't like the maps and I know I'm going to get a lot of arguing over this but I really like MW3 maps (most of them). Hard hat was incredibly fun to play, as was dome, mission, and a lot of the other smaller maps. I don't enjoy SND in black ops 2.

However, the party game types are still really fun but that's all I really play now. :/

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 10:48pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,322 posts

@Leo
I liked the mw3 maps too, but the sheer quantity of small, close quarter maps was ridiculous. I think that BO2 did a little bit better with map balance, but not much.
And I really miss mw2 maps. Those were perfect. In every way. Even the bad ones (derail, underpass) were not that bad. Also, mw2 had all the cool "jumps and spots" in them, like highrise. In mw3 and BO2, I havent noticed much, and nothing that can even compare to mw2.
MW2 did a lot of stuff wrong, yeah, but the maps were great.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 9:36pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

What, Killersup can change how fast he moves from side to side? Now everything moves so fast...

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 10:39pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,486 posts

If you're using an assault rifle then use stock. Other weapons are fine for me though.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 5:52am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

I tried Black Ops 2 for the first time today. It is worth noting that I don't own an xbox and this is maybe the second time attempting an FPS on xbox ever (the first time was Halo 3 and my god did I suck. How are you supposed to use those thumbsticks???)

The unwieldy aiming of console FPS in general makes for a far less intense gaming experience anyway. If you want a hardcore shooter experience where one mistake is virtually guaranteed to get you killed, you still can't go past CS. On the PC. At any rate I do agree that BO2 seems quite, er, noob-friendly, given I have no talent with the thumbsticks and I was still coming near top of the table. But that's not why I'm posting here.

I'm posting here because I totally managed to pull off a care package victory kill in BO2.

Admittedly it was during target practice against bots, a friend and I versus nine regular bots in Yemen. My friend had ordered a care package, and not realising this, I ordered a care package to be dropped right next to his at the same time. While we were doing this a bot gunned us both down. We barely had time to respawn when the match ended, leaving us wondering what had happened, so we watched the victory kill replay and was treated to the view of a care package dropping from the sky, right on top of the bot who was in the process of opening my friend's care package LOL. This was a total fluke as I'm a CoD noob, but I assure you it did happen.

Reply to [Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

You must be logged in to post a reply!