Forums

ForumsVideo Games

[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

Posted May 16, '13 at 12:02pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,880 posts

I am not very excited for Ghosts. If they are going along with the ability to not use Modern weapons then they would have to implement weapons from multiple eras of firearms in to the game (1700's,1800's,1900's).

Where is your proof of this? I have heard that it takes place in the slight future, and we will use modern day weapons. So, old guns to the characters of the game.
Ghost is going to be in the game in at least one flashback scene. Check Ghost on Wikipedia and click onto the voice actors wiki page. It says he will be playing ghost (flashback) in call of duty ghosts.

Posted May 16, '13 at 12:27pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

I was listening to a comentary of someone talking about the next gen consoles, and how CoD may fall off the pedestal of the game making the most money, it was really interesting.
That's a distinct possibility. The start of a new generation is a great opportunity to change up the dominating franchises and genres. The CoD series established its popularity somewhat early in this generation, for example.

And now it needs to go down.

Posted May 17, '13 at 6:40am

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

Played Uprising for a little while yesterday. Not sure if just played horribly of its going to be a awkward map pack. Played one match of Mob of the Dead, not bad, but you need people who can co-operate with you.

Posted May 17, '13 at 2:22pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

The biggest reason I don't like Call of Duty is because there are only a few things that appeal to me with every game that comes out and don't like the fact that Call of Duty requires, well im not going to say it requires no skill because you still have to be better than the other players. But it took out the realism that first person shooters actually had.
The skills that make you look good in Call of Duty are like novelty skills meaning that they are purely cosmetic and aren't really needed. Like no scoping. No scoping is just another form of showboating and it makes you look like a *******. The whole generation of call of duty players aren't very sportsman like and its saddening. At least when you played other games in the past they were meant to be fun and not just a kill fest.
People in the past seemed to actually help a bad FPS player get better at the game and teach them. People in Call of Duty single out the bad FPS players for "free kills"

Posted May 20, '13 at 10:21pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

well im not going to say it requires no skill because you still have to be better than the other players.

Connection....Skill matters, more than most people believe, interpreting where the enemy will go, what directions the streaks should be placed at. ect. Although, it is nothing like it could be.

Posted May 21, '13 at 4:10pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Connection....Skill matters, more than most people believe, interpreting where the enemy will go, what directions the streaks should be placed at. ect. Although, it is nothing like it could be.

Nothing you would need over any other FPS

Posted May 21, '13 at 4:49pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,880 posts

Well, see back when there were good maps, a unique skill needed was map knowledge. There were some nice spots on highrise that were helpful and fun for example. Other maps have great flank routs. The maps got boring after/during Black Ops. MW3 was pretty bad and BO2 has a handful of decent ones but thats it.
New trailer looks very pretty, story sounds nice, character customization is confirmed and the maps will have more intractables in it like I said.

Posted May 21, '13 at 4:52pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

The "new" engine for Ghosts looks more like an updated version than anything.

Posted May 21, '13 at 5:45pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

Well, I don't know what to tell you if you were expecting a totally different thing. It's only got so much room for innovation if it doesn't want to alienate the franchise's fanbase.

Anyway, 99% of that trailer was pre-rendered BS. Trailers without gameplay are worthless, because games aren't movies. Watching that trailer tells me as much about the game as watching Avatar would.

Posted May 21, '13 at 9:43pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

Saw the trailer... possibility of the attack dogs taking new rolls? Instead of RC-XD's maybe there will be suicide dogs....

Reply to [Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

You must be logged in to post a reply!