118 posts
Nomad

i dont know that one either

• 11 Replies
homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

Well, if evolution (more accurately, no God) is correct, there really is no purpose or meaning in life, which is a perfect reason for atheists not to care.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Heh, that's just what they're saying.

If I had a dollar for every secular teen who said they didn't care because nothing meant anything, I could probably get some real flash-trash bling and call myself rap king. But really. Think about it.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

If people don't care, it is usually because they don't think about other people's feelings. They only care about how they feel. They will do and say things that are hurtful and will not think twice about it. The Bible says that we must love our neighbour as ourself. This means that we must treat others the way we treat ourselves.
Think about this too!

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

If you are not worthy of respect you do not deserve it

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

This is such a strange, strange topic.

If a person does not care (about what?) they usually feel they have no control over the situation, or want to feign that they don't care because it's cool. Its cool these days to be apathetic, just like its cool to be scene...

Foraii
Foraii
4 posts
Nomad

The only people I care about is myself and my family. I see no need to fill my plate with worries about others.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

People prioritize what they pay attention to-- which is usually what directly affects them. Some have different moral values. Some think they are too inferior to do things. Ultimately, those starving children aren't going to be fed.

Foraii
Foraii
4 posts
Nomad

People prioritize what they pay attention to-- which is usually what directly affects them. Some have different moral values. Some think they are too inferior to do things. Ultimately, those starving children aren't going to be fed.

Nail on the head imo.
kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Eshploded makes a good point. There's too much going on in the world for us to care about everything; we tend to focus on the things we have a personal connection to. In the end, it's a good thing, because otherwise we couldn't focus on anything enough to affect it.

There's also a self-confidence problem a lot of people had, which I hope they're able to get over. Nobody is incapable of effecting change.

I disagree that we'll never feed the starving children, though.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

I disagree that we'll never feed the starving children, though.

Heh, yeah, I exaggerate a lot.

"Nail on the head imo"

...?
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Religion is obselete in modern western societies. It is not needed anymore. In the old days people needed religion to explain why life was so crap and needed to belive in heaven to keep going. Now in developed countries people lead a comfortable life and don't need to believe in anything. As an agnostic i don't see the point rele i mean i understand it's a matter of faith and upbringing aswell but ot devote yourself to something with no logical reason sounds stupid to me.

Showing 1-11 of 11