ForumsPopular MediaBest Musician

315 105037
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

who's the best rapper, band, pianist, guitar player, whoever or in other words who's the best musician or music artist. I would say Lil Wayne or busta rhymes I more of a rapper type of guy.

• 315 Replies
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

NOW WITH THAT SAID.

id also like to post just the top 10 most skilled bassists bast on technical skill alone

1.Victor Wooten
2.Stanley Clark
3.John Petitucci
4.Dave LaRue
5.Tony Levin
6.John Myung
7.Gary Willis
8.Stuart Hamm
9.Michael Manring
10.Billy Seehan

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

id also like to post just the top 10 most skilled bassists bast on technical skill alone

1.Victor Wooten
2.Stanley Clark
3.John Petitucci
4.Dave LaRue
5.Tony Levin
6.John Myung
7.Gary Willis
8.Stuart Hamm
9.Michael Manring
10.Billy Seehan

I think Marcus Miller deserves a place in your top ten... He's one of the best bassist, he played with Miles
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

eh. not in the most skilled. maybe in the other list with influence and that other stuff. id put him at like maybe 13 or 14

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

youre kidding me right? how in any way does that song make him the best musician?

How doesn't it make him ONE of the best rappers ever have u even listened to the song it amazing and how do u explain How to love that song how been around for like 2 months and it still EXTREMLLY popular

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

2 months and it still EXTREMLLY popular

1. please clean up your grammar a little, im not claiming to have the perfect grammar, but god id atleast like to understand what you're saying.

2.you act like 2 months is a long time XD. thats NOTHING. stairway to heaven has been around for almost 40 years and its still EXTREMELY popular
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

2.you act like 2 months is a long time XD. thats NOTHING. stairway to heaven has been around for almost 40 years and its still EXTREMELY popular

I mean extremllu popular by on the radio ALOT and ur little stairway to heavan song i havn't heard on the radio and havn't even heard of until now. BTW most PEOPLE in the US know that song how to love.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

I mean extremllu popular by on the radio ALOT and ur little stairway to heavan song i havn't heard on the radio and havn't even heard of until now. BTW most PEOPLE in the US know that song how to love.

lol most people know stairway to heaven by led zeppelin XD are you insane? thats like one of the most iconic rock songs of all time dude. it gets tons of radio play even today.

infact, the billboard 200, is the the list that shows the top 200 current hits.

a while back ago, a rule was implaced that a song that is over like 5 years old, or something along those lines, then it isnt allowed on the charts.

i GARENTEE you, that if that rule wasn't implace, bands like pink floyd, led zeppelin, the eagles, nirvana, and van halen would STILL be on the top of the charts.

in anycase, you arent worthy of any further discussion, you clearly know nothing about rock history if you have never even HEARD of stairway to heaven.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

pink floyd and the eagles??? nirvana yes...led zeppelin yes, but those two are the only ones that would still have top 200 hits, of the ones that you mentioned. I know people who haven't even heard of some of those bands. And the 5 year rule was put in place so songs can't stay on the board forever. Now that i think about it, pink floyd would probably have songs up there. But ide, how have you not heard of stairway to heaven???
To continue my rant, I didn't love the Carter IV. Mirrors and How to love were good, as well as How to Hate. But the rest didn't really catch with me.
Because i love to disagree with myself, Van Halen might have one or two top 200's, but i have doubts about that.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

pink floyd and the eagles???

are you kidding me? pink floyd AND the ealges are both on the top 10 highest selling albums of all time. with dark side of the moon and eagles greatest hits.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

yes but the top 200 billboard is CURRENT hits. There really should be a another top 200 for the songs that exit their 5 year grace period. That would seperate the all-timers from the rest. Also condsider that pink floyd, eagles, and so forth, probably aren't downloaded as much as other newer and current songs, no matter how amazing they are.

ImmigrantSong
ImmigrantSong
17 posts
Nomad

top 4

Vocals: John Lennon (The Beatles)
Lead:Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)
Drums: John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
Bass:John Entwhistle (The Who)

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

in anycase, you arent worthy of any further discussion, you clearly know nothing about rock history if you have never even HEARD of stairway to heaven.

Fine i admit i don't waste my life on my computer all day researching rock but i atleast know some rock that people would say is awesome like Linkin Park, Panic at the disco ( don't go saying that panic at the disco isn't rock becuase it sounds like it so that wat matter)and this song rise above one listen to it u'll agree it good
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Fine i admit i don't waste my life on my computer all day researching rock but i atleast know some rock that people would say is awesome like Linkin Park, Panic at the disco ( don't go saying that panic at the disco isn't rock becuase it sounds like it so that wat matter)and this song rise above one listen to it u'll agree it good

bro i dont get all my knowledge from the computer, a lot of it yes, but i go to record stores often as well, i know the guys there cause im a musician my self and played a show at the store once, so they always hook me up. but ya panic at the disco and linkin park are defffinatly rock.

lil wayne is rock as well, a very common misconception is that rap isnt a part of the rock genre when actually it is one of the largest most prominent sub genres.

in conclusion rap is a sub-genre of rock, just thought id clear that up
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Roger Waters and David Gilmour are the two best musicians in my opinion. There genious made Pink Floyd the amazing band it is. People say 'oh, that sounds like the Beatles, or oh, that sounds like Metaliica, etc.' but i have yet to hear a band that has even come close to the music the Pink Floyd produced. There is a reason Dark Side of the Moon was on the top 200 albums list for 22 years straight. Plus the diversity in their music also sets them apart. Waters wrote songs like nonother. Gilmour, in my opinion, follows closely behind.

bschnauzer7
bschnauzer7
290 posts
Scribe

My favorite musician is Yo Yo Ma, but maybe I'm being biased just because I play the cello also.

Showing 166-180 of 315