Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Best Musician

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 12:16am

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

It has nothing to do with knowing about rap (Which i know a good bit about) but it's personal opinion, and my opinion is eminem because i grew up with his music.

its understandable that those are your favorites growing up with them and stuff, but there is no way they can touch the likes of grand masta flash, rakim, big daddy kane, or biggy.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 4:17am

metalwill

metalwill

154 posts

There is no "best", its all an opinion. Also, I think you are confusing song writing/composing with being a musician. Just because you can write a good song doesn't mean you're a good musician, it means you're a good song writer. I learned about a composer when I was in college (can't remember his name for the life of me) who wrote symphonies for entire orchestras but he couldn't play a single instrument himself.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 9:08am

ide4749

ide4749

241 posts

I mean like a good person who raps, sings whatever all i mean is there rapping or singing is different in a better way like eminem raps different from lil wayne and in your opinion i want to see if that difference you think is better. I already know most guys on here like rock though i want to know what they like about the group they like and if they like something that isn't common on here like classical stuff like that. when that gets more popular i'll see over all if more people actually like rap than rock which i dought is true. leave a comment about a singer, rapper you like and why u dn't have to say why, i just Suggest it.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 11:20am

ide4749

ide4749

241 posts

who's with me saying lil wayne is the boss

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 11:30am

ide4749

ide4749

241 posts

oh ya also who thought busta rhymes was awesome in look at me now

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 12:11pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,133 posts

but there is no way they can touch the likes of grand masta flash, rakim, big daddy kane, or biggy.

... in your opinion.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 3:24pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

... in your opinion.

in my oppinion yes. but if youd actually do some research on some of the lyrical works from the artists i listed,  theyre lyrical abillities clearly surpass eminem. dont get me wrong though, eminem would be VERY high on a list if i made one. the only rapper from the 21'st century i would put higher then him is outkast. but eminem would easily be a top ten or 15. but really look up some of the songs from the artists i listed and try and pick out alot of the poetry works in their peaces.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 3:25pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

Just because you can write a good song doesn't mean you're a good musician,

song writing is musicianship. if not, then beetovan and bach were made musicians

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 3:26pm

deth4

deth4

772 posts

big daddy kane is a booooosssssss

Jurassic Five is always good, Aesop Rock is lyrically superior to any mainstream rapper out there today, Cannibal Ox are juggernauts

OFWGKTA is really funny

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 9:57pm

ide4749

ide4749

241 posts

ok i guess no one like lil wayne he is just the best rapper in the world

Reply to Best Musician

You must be logged in to post a reply!