ForumsPopular MediaBest Musician

315 105081
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

who's the best rapper, band, pianist, guitar player, whoever or in other words who's the best musician or music artist. I would say Lil Wayne or busta rhymes I more of a rapper type of guy.

• 315 Replies
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

allow me to recite to you some of wiz khalifa's lyrics.

gin got me drunk as f-ck stumblin out the bar,
plus im struggling trying to find the keys to my car,
cause i be going hard, roll the camera
life just like a movie im the star

in these lyrics he is essentially promoting getting drunk and than driving, while at the same time he thinks he is the sh** because of it. this man is not only a horrible rapper but a horrible person.

the new boyz arent really much better than any of the rappers i have stated earlier

fine but how about eminem he not all bad lryics or drake they got good lyrics how about u look in 2 them........... and kanye sometimes

you clearly dont understand the lyrics of the song, this man is one of (if not than he is) the most incredible lyricists of the modern age. i honestly cant name a single person from the modern era that can match his poetry skills, the only two people i could even consider puting up there with this man is aesop rock and saul williams. take a look at some of their work, it truely does put rappers like lil wayne, drake, and even rappers like kanye, jay-z, and eminem to shame

Fine maybe the song had good lyrics but it sounded dull nothing gave it any action it was just words the whole time...... thats how u can tell bad song from good songs i dont hear that on the radio and i think i know y............. idk y u h8 on drake he is really good and ppl like eminem with good lyrics that make their songs sound actually good unlike h8 in a puddle
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

fine but how about eminem he not all bad lryics or drake they got good lyrics how about u look in 2 them........... and kanye sometimes

haha i dont have to look at either them, haha i own 3 albums from eminem, 4 albums from kanye, and one from drake. i know they are good. i dont hate drake, ive clearly said that before, im just saying compared to wordsmiths like aesop or illogic, they might as well be poop.
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

haha i dont have to look at either them, haha i own 3 albums from eminem, 4 albums from kanye, and one from drake. i know they are good. i dont hate drake, ive clearly said that before, im just saying compared to wordsmiths like aesop or illogic, they might as well be poop.

then y arent u giving me any songs that r good by drake, kanye west, or eminem i mean all u give me is some old skool guys like that guy who made h8 in a puddly wat r good songs of thos artists i st8ed obviously alot more than the guy who made h8 in a puddle........ and didnt u mention b4 andree 3000 is he good
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

then y arent u giving me any songs that r good by drake, kanye west, or eminem i mean all u give me is some old skool guys like that guy who made h8 in a puddly wat r good songs of thos artists i st8ed obviously alot more than the guy who made h8 in a puddle........ and didnt u mention b4 andree 3000 is he good

cause im trying to prove a point, that there are far better lyricists out there then what you hear on the radio. and adres 3000 kinda sh**s on the others as well haha, that man can rap.

i guess if i had to give some of my favorite lyrical performances from some of those artists, it would be these

eminem-i just dont give a ****, stan, renegade
Kanye west- power, so appauled, touch the sky
adres 3000-da art of story telling part II, a life in the day of benjamin andres, millenium
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

cause im trying to prove a point, that there are far better lyricists out there then what you hear on the radio. and adres 3000 kinda sh**s on the others as well haha, that man can rap.

Ya i think i heard him rapping and he has a mixture of rapping and singing i think but the good but i dont get how u dont like ppl like lil wayne even though their lyrics suk they still hav good songs....... and u 4got about mentioning drake he's auzome like in his song "make me proud" feat. nicki minaj:
here it is

Make me proud by Drake feat. nicki minaj
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

lil wayen

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Paul McCartney is the greatest musician alive - fact.

/thread

Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
70 posts
Nomad

Why are you guys focusing so hard on old school rap? Sure I listen to old school, but that doesn't mean modern stuff is not good.. Modern rap is not bad, at all. Kendrick and the rest of Black Hippy, OFWGKTA, Danny Brown, El-P, Killer Mike, Big K.R.I.T, Cunninlynguists, Death Grips, Hopsin, Joey Bada$$, Phonte, etc. are all killing it. Actually, even Nas, Wu-Tang, and MF Doom are still rapping..

Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
70 posts
Nomad

Why are Young Money even in this conversation anyway? Lil Wayne was good yeah, but that was like before 2004, now he's trash. Big Sean sucks, all mainstream rappers sucks, with the exception of Waka Flocka.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Well i hate rap so i would say the best is Bob Dylan

rocky10199
rocky10199
70 posts
Peasant

Bob Dylan is indeed amazing, but personally i would say Aimee Mann (most of you won't know who she is so i would suggest looking her up).

Showing 301-311 of 315