So tough to choose I'll have break things down a little:
Band in general: Vanden Plas, they're just my favorite
Guitar: Allan Holdsworth
Bass: Andreas Blomqvist
Drums: Virgil Donati
Vocals: Roy Khan
Keyboards: Jens Johansson
Innovator: Tore Østby
Inspirational: Jani Liimatainen (made me start playing guitar)
All around: Michael Romeo, amazing guitarist and writes perfect music.

Posted Jun 16, '11 at 7:34pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

best guitarists are the dragonforce guitarists. i never really listened to through the fire and flames before but that song has frieking unbelieveble guitar, and the other insrtumentals are really awsome to!

Posted Jun 16, '11 at 10:30pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

best guitarists are the dragonforce guitarists. i never really listened to through the fire and flames before but that song has frieking unbelieveble guitar, and the other insrtumentals are really awsome to!

there are better shredders out there than the dragonforce guitarists believe me

Posted Jun 16, '11 at 10:38pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

i never really listened to through the fire and flames before but that song has frieking unbelieveble guitar, and the other insrtumentals are really awsome to!

*looks at song*

*contemplates*

That is . . . basic. Fast? Sure. But basic. Oh yes, very basic.

There are WAY better songs for guitar out there. Fast =/= technical. All it is is typical power metal. Nothing special.

Posted Jun 17, '11 at 8:59am

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

really because those guys are doing a dual guitar solo, about 8  notes a second for like 2 minutes, these guys obviously practiced a lot before recording that, but i think they are amazing guitarists.

Posted Jun 17, '11 at 10:22am

23 posts

rap:eminem
singer:bruno mars
band:black eyed peas
thats it and

eminem and t.i.you must not know alot of rap!and wut kind of rap do u know telabubby chubs!?!

Posted Jun 17, '11 at 11:46am

MeatBalls1337

MeatBalls1337

233 posts

Drums: Mike Portnoy and Jimmy Sullivan
Guitar: Synyster Gates
Bass: That guy from Dream Theater! :D
Vocals: Ronnie Radke, Matt Shadows, Jimmy Sullivan

I don't think Jimmy Sullivan is one of the best because I'm an Avenged Sevenfold fan, I think he's one of the best because I really love his drumming and singing.

Posted Jun 17, '11 at 12:03pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

Bass: That guy from Dream Theater! :D

john myung.

I don't think Jimmy Sullivan is one of the best because I'm an Avenged Sevenfold fan, I think he's one of the best because I really love his drumming and singing.

he isnt really though. i mean yes he is an AMAZING drummer and i love A7X drums to death. fun as hell. he is a great writer. but there is no way he can outmatch people like neil peart, terry bozio, ginger baker, or bill brudford

really because those guys are doing a dual guitar solo, about 8  notes a second for like 2 minutes, these guys obviously practiced a lot before recording that, but i think they are amazing guitarists.

im not questioning there talent, cause its there. im just saying that just because its fast, doesnt mean its complex. people like buckethead and shawn lane are the ones that really stand when it comes to shredding for me.

Posted Jun 17, '11 at 12:06pm

MeatBalls1337

MeatBalls1337

233 posts

he isnt really though. i mean yes he is an AMAZING drummer and i love A7X drums to death. fun as hell. he is a great writer. but there is no way he can outmatch people like neil peart, terry bozio, ginger baker, or bill brudford

I forgot Neil Peart! He's the one in Rush, right?

Reply to Best Musician

You must be logged in to post a reply!