ForumsPopular MediaBest Musician

315 104929
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

who's the best rapper, band, pianist, guitar player, whoever or in other words who's the best musician or music artist. I would say Lil Wayne or busta rhymes I more of a rapper type of guy.

• 315 Replies
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Yeah, sorry, my bad. I didn't mean classical music, I wanted to say classic guitar, non-electric guitar. Sure he played jazz.

another flamanco guitarist that would also be good would be paco de lucia.

Right, I forgot Bob Dylan. Great songwriter, has been covered a gazillion times. Still Tony has a great talent too, I am undecided who gets first place there.

bob dylan was so influential to rock as a whole, which is why i put him at the top. desalation row is EASILY the best lyrical performance of all time
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Skillet, the christian rock band. The songs are very realistic and inspiring, the songs mean something. Great vocals, great lyrics, just a great band.

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

favorite rockband: Linkin Park
favortie singer: Reeve Mcarney
favorite rapper: lil wayne
favorite classical music: Bob Dylan

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Hmm . . .

My favorite singer is Mikael Akerfeldt.
My favorite guitarists are Kirk Hammett and Jeff Hanneman.
My favorite bassist is Cliff Burton.
My favorite drummer is Dave Lombardo.
My favorite cello group is Apocalyptica.
My favorite band is Opeth.
My favorite brutal death metal band is Bloodbath, though tied with Kataklysm.
My favorite thrash band is Slayer.

Does that cover it? I hope so.

JsaKim
JsaKim
267 posts
Nomad

Bruno Mars is.

Noone can beat him.

NOONE!

Stiltonchees
Stiltonchees
18 posts
Nomad

So tough to choose I'll have break things down a little:
Band in general: Vanden Plas, they're just my favorite
Guitar: Allan Holdsworth
Bass: Andreas Blomqvist
Drums: Virgil Donati
Vocals: Roy Khan
Keyboards: Jens Johansson
Innovator: Tore Ãstby
Inspirational: Jani Liimatainen (made me start playing guitar)
All around: Michael Romeo, amazing guitarist and writes perfect music.

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

best guitarists are the dragonforce guitarists. i never really listened to through the fire and flames before but that song has frieking unbelieveble guitar, and the other insrtumentals are really awsome to!

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

best guitarists are the dragonforce guitarists. i never really listened to through the fire and flames before but that song has frieking unbelieveble guitar, and the other insrtumentals are really awsome to!

there are better shredders out there than the dragonforce guitarists believe me
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

i never really listened to through the fire and flames before but that song has frieking unbelieveble guitar, and the other insrtumentals are really awsome to!

*looks at song*

*contemplates*

That is . . . basic. Fast? Sure. But basic. Oh yes, very basic.

There are WAY better songs for guitar out there. Fast =/= technical. All it is is typical power metal. Nothing special.
AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

really because those guys are doing a dual guitar solo, about 8 notes a second for like 2 minutes, these guys obviously practiced a lot before recording that, but i think they are amazing guitarists.

50 posts
Nomad

rap:eminem
singer:bruno mars
band:black eyed peas
thats it and[quote]eminem and t.i.you must not know alot of rap!and wut kind of rap do u know telabubby chubs!?!

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Bass: That guy from Dream Theater!

john myung.

I don't think Jimmy Sullivan is one of the best because I'm an Avenged Sevenfold fan, I think he's one of the best because I really love his drumming and singing.

he isnt really though. i mean yes he is an AMAZING drummer and i love A7X drums to death. fun as hell. he is a great writer. but there is no way he can outmatch people like neil peart, terry bozio, ginger baker, or bill brudford

really because those guys are doing a dual guitar solo, about 8 notes a second for like 2 minutes, these guys obviously practiced a lot before recording that, but i think they are amazing guitarists.

im not questioning there talent, cause its there. im just saying that just because its fast, doesnt mean its complex. people like buckethead and shawn lane are the ones that really stand when it comes to shredding for me.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

I forgot Neil Peart! He's the one in Rush, right?

he is indeed. he stands at the top of almost every podium too
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

rap:eminem
singer:bruno mars
band:black eyed peas
thats it and

if you buy one of eminem songs you buy them all they all the same and that exactly that same with bruno mars and the black eyed peas
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

there are better shredders out there than the dragonforce guitarists believe me

I agree isn't their that one guitarist that was at the super bowl getting all weird with fergie when the black eyed peas did their part
Showing 46-60 of 315