ForumsThe TavernThe Weather

640 113690
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I love the weather and have always been interested in it. To me, the creation of incredible storms and the patterns of heat, wind, fronts, and pressure systems in absolutely incredible, especially since many of these things still baffle humans!

I want to know: does anybody share my interest? Any other weather buffs out there? Or, some interesting story or fact about the weather?

Please, share it here!

• 640 Replies
Koru7
Koru7
1,408 posts
Nomad

A cumulous nimbus creates lightning! thats all i know. but i do enjoy thunder storms.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

Me too! Were I live the weather likes to play nasty tricks: storms will head toward my town, then suddenly break or disappear! I get so angry!

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

I live in the Ohio Valley area, and we get the worst thunderstorms. We haven't had any tornados (knock on wood), but the storm season is just peaking, so it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

MassiveTomboy
MassiveTomboy
106 posts
Nomad

i like that zakyman. I live in Maine and we just a tornado a week or so ago, and we never get those type of disasters...but the heat is here and it's not even summer and im already dying...heat and I are like oil and water..... heat! BAH! >.<

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I wish I could get more storms. I live in Iowa, and systems come through all the time, yet my town seems to always get missed!
It has also been intolerable. The past few days it's been in the upper 90's with high humidity... I'm used to psychotic weather (I mean, it's Iowa), but we're not even getting storms from this until late tomorrow...
I'm getting bored with it.

deadhead50
deadhead50
342 posts
Nomad

heat and I are like oil and water..... heat! BAH! >.<

come to NY during the winter man ull learn to love heat and hate the cold and u could always shove ice cubes down ur pants to cool off
slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

It is like taht in wisconsin here so everyone likes spring and fall

eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

Global Warming make people bad this season

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

The weather changes sporadically here. One day it'll be nice outside with decent weather, then the next day it'll be above ninety degrees.
After that we'll have a thunder storm. My ideal weather is sixty-seventy degrees, windy, and sunny.

eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

thunder storm
in America every month

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, where it has rained/been cloudy since mid-March. It's boring. But thunderstorms are awesome, though we don't get many, and we do have the occasional hurricane.

eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

you live good location

chitown
chitown
1,615 posts
Farmer

I am pretty interested in major storms and tornadoes and hurricanes and stuff like that but it is pretty confusing to me.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I am pretty interested in major storms and tornadoes and hurricanes and stuff like that but it is pretty confusing to me.

I totally agree with you!
I love the severe storms and stuff; they're so cool! Thunderheads, tornadoes, all that stuff is very intriguing to me. I marvel at how all of it gets organized and yet humans don't understand all of it!
If you are wondering how something in weather works, I may be able to help. I know quite a bit. But I'm not an expert.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Anyone see the lightning over the volcano? Type in "chilean volcano lightning" on Google Images. It looks awesome.

This one is neat.
<http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/on-deadline/2011/06/06/Volcano1x-large.jpg>

Showing 1-15 of 640