ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 432336
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Razaki, I feel horrible for the person you know. Close-minded people fear anything different and are prepared to shun people if they do something outside of their realm of moral belief. But, then again High School is horrible. It is the age where everyone is concerned about everyone else and will make other people's lives miserable, especially in a small town.

I am fortunate to have grown up in a very liberal city with a large gay population. In fact there are at least 8 people in my family that are openly gay.

Now my girlfriend and I live in a small town in the Bible Belt of Mississippi. It is a college town, but everyone here is very conservative. But, we have never had problems. We know most everyone and everyone accepts us. In fact we are told we are more a fixture in the town than anything. But it is easier being two pretty girls together than being a gay male, I'm sure.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

that is completely true, even though I never ecountered it.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Yeah. Being in highschool does suck. Thats why when I get outta there next year, imma laugh at everybody who cries because they are going to miss each other. The truth is, I'll remember everybody longer than the people who misses each other.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Not many people like high school

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

A bunch of hormonal pre-adults congregating 5 days a week for 4 years will create some serious hostility.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

All high school is is Drama Drama Drama! A lot of people never get over it though.

homegrove
homegrove
325 posts
Peasant

Don't know if homosexuality is really a great topic to get into on a site like this.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I dunno, we're doing fine with the discussion so far.

Yeah, high school is a bunch of crap half the time, haha, but hey, everyone's gotta go through it.

I just feel sorry for my friend. It's an interesting situation, too...my girlfriend has also come to the realization that she's bisexual as well. Seeing my friend come out has emboldened her, but she still has to hide that side of her from her family, so ehhh. It sucks.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

I had to hide being an official (official to me that is...) atheist for two years until I got fed up.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I think it is a fine topic, just as any other would be. This is the opinion section. I say if you feel uncomfortable, then avoid the topic. If you don't agree then voice your opinion respectfully.

Raz, it sucks hiding from the family. I am fortunate that my family is accepting. They can see that I'm the happiest I've ever been and am on the right track in my life. I really can't understand how people have a problem with homosexuality when it isn't them that has to be homosexual, why get mixed up in what other people are doing? Don't we all deserve to be happy?

Again, "Is God judging me for loving, or you for hating."

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Yeah, hiding from family definitely does suck.

I don't have to deal with hiding any form of homosexuality, but I do have to hide my atheism. Southern Baptists + atheism do not mix well, let me just say that.

I completely agree, though, Ash. I don't get why they're so upset. *shrug*

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

The discrimination and prejudice behaviors were probably formed from their family or other influential people. Its religion that plays a part as well and not only that, people feel that men and women are natural because they always see it on t-v. There are other reasons as well, but I think you get the point.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

GREEN PARTY YEAH! *cough*

It would be pretty awesome for things and people to become more equal. Closer to Utopia is what would happen if people were happily equal!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Raz, that would be equally hard. I'm sure that your atheism is a nice portion of who you are and the fact that you have to hide it is frustrating. My girlfriend really isn't even able to tell her family, but they know. It's kind of an unspoken thing. But they accept me like a daughter and would do anything for me.

I think our generation as parents will be much more open-minded than the previous.

Esphloded, I agree with you. Media + Religion + Family influences will mold a person firmly. As the latter two should, but sometimes it isn't for the better. But one day I hope everyone can live peacefully. Or maybe that's just my green side that is talking ...

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I really hope that our generation will be better.

I think as a whole, we definitely will be. I think it'll still be quite resistant to change, though...I mean, you know more than most about how stupid people still can be about prejudice. As far as we've come, we still have a long way to go.

Showing 76-90 of 3228