ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 430484
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

I was pissed and went out of line, sorry.
*cough*

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

First of all he said "If you know what I mean", NOT "and that's not a good thing". If you are going to quote someone, get it right. You completely turned around what he actually said.

Second of all, you are breaking another forum rule by using excessive CAPS. I highly recommend that you read the Rules and Guidelines, as you have broken 5 of them in less than a day.

Thirdly, threatening another forum member is unacceptable.

Overall, you did not heed my warning and follow the forum rules. And, consequently, as is also posted in the rules: "Failure to comply with these rules may result in a ban from commenting or the entire site, as well as removal of posts and points!"

mathew1122
mathew1122
166 posts
Nomad

well why do they have this as a topic serouly i think people are wrong to be homosexual

Zihark
Zihark
309 posts
Nomad

... I think this has no reason to be on the forums, it could easily get way out of hand. Besides, this is a subject in which only your opinion matters. Homosexuals don't choose to be that way and making fun of them isn't the way. Please keep discutions like this out of the forums

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Ok, I'm finally back.

Sorry, I was at MSU the whole weekend so I missed a lot of conversation here.

I'm pretty certain that Serb was just trolling. I doubt anyone's honestly that ignorant and would post in that fashion. Do people have that opinion? Sure. Do they say it quite like that? Not normally, at least.

We can continue trivializing this as simply an opinion matter, but I really don't believe that's appropriate.

It's not an "opinion question" on whether or not blacks and whites are equal.

It's not an "opinion question" on whether or not women and men should be equal.

It's a FACT that they are equal. Period.

Same with homosexuality.

It's not an "opinion question" that gays and straights should be given the same rights.

It's a fact.

That may come off as cocky, arrogant, closed-minded, or any number of other negative adjectives, but it's the truth. No one calls someone who believes in equal racial rights a derogatory name because their position has been shown to be the empirically correct one.

That derogatory name goes to the opposite side...the "racists".

It is my hope that we will see a similar change in society's view of homosexuality - a society that knows that people, regardless of sexual preference, are simply people, all equal and privileged in their lives.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Raz, that couldn't have been said better. I will never understand how people see it any different than that.

Serb, we do not have equal rights at all. If you want to get into that we can, because I can explain how my rights are not the same as yours.

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

unfortunetly asherlee is right. but we'd better be careful cause we are running off topic.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

For that one we would have to start a 'Gender Equality' topic, but I assure you it will be quite controversial as well.

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

honeslty peolpe shouldnt care if someone is homosexual so im just going to stop at that.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

No, this is not off topic. As a lesbian I do not have the same rights as a straight person. That is the bottom line. I could go on and on about the lack of rights we have.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Very true, there is no doubt that laws treat homosexuals differently. I was referring more to gender inequality.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Yes, and I was talking about Notataco. Miscommunication.

notataco
notataco
189 posts
Nomad

well i guess you got a point there. never thought of it like that

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

This is a little off of where the conversation was, but still on the topic.

What do you think about everything that happened in San Francisco, with marriage being legal, then illegal, legal again, illegal again, etc.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

I think that's pretty ridiculous that the government would give and take so much. Of course I believe everyone should have equal rights, but it isn't for me. I know that my girlfriend and I do not need to get married. Our relationship is perfect.

Showing 106-120 of 3228