ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 432339
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

That I can agree with. The rest of your post is very valid as well.

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

wow, you guys taking this way too seriously... its just a gaming website......

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

That doesn't mean we can't have nice friendly chat about debatable topics

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Nah, it's all opinions. It's healthy to express opinions and learn to debate. Using logic skills helps in school at the very least.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I disagree, Raptor.

Religion plays a much bigger role in things than people think, especially when it comes to things like homosexuality. As other people said, the majority of people who have something wrong with it use the Bible or some other religious reason for their justification. Therefore, it's appropriate to discuss it.

Ash, I have to ask...how does your girlfriend get past the fact that the Bible allows women to be homosexual but not men? It's quite contradictory to the whole purpose, in my opinion.

But yeah, I love debating/arguing/whatever. As long as people stay intelligent about it, it's one of my favorite things to do.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Razaki, what do you mean exactly? Remember, it doesn't say that female homosexuality is okay. It just doesn't say its wrong.

This is not related to anyones post, but my favorite t-shirt is this:

Is God judging me for loving, or you for hating?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Oooh that is a very good shirt. I like that.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I don't have any other topics to talk about unfourtanately, but shouldn't we talk about the topic? Not like religion stuff curently, I guess we are, but this place is for fun.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

That is a very good t-shirt, definitely.

Yeah, perhaps I should elaborate. You said that your girlfriend struggled with it until she realized that the Bible did not specifically condemn women for being homosexual, only men for being gay, correct?

I don't see how that could actually help a person stop the inner struggle, I guess. I mean...it's still the same prejudice, only pointed at one gender instead of the other. It's gender-inequality, to me, and it wouldn't help me were I in that situation.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense, still. I'm trying to figure out how to put it in words from muh head, and it's not working too great.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Friendly discussion indeed....

And I just noticed that the word.....*cough* R *cough* EL *cough* I...

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, no one has gotten upset yet or started flaming. We're just having a friendly discussion.

Still, note the forum title. Religion IS there.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Razaki, I see what you are saying now. Yes, it is gender inequality. But you know women are represented poorly in the Bible except for a few areas. I mean they labeled Mary Mag. as a prostitute. So, I suppose they just didn't think it was needed to include women in the homosexual debate.

Okay, but to answer you - I guess it doesn't bother her because she is a woman and not a man. But as she has been with me and I push her to expand her mind and really think about things and be open to other ideas she has really loosened on organized religion and is more spiritual.

We have a funny household, because she was a devout Baptist and is Mexican and I'm Jewish and Spanish. We are like super-minorities!

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Hehe, super-minorities....

That's a politically-incorrect tv-show waiting to happen.

But yeah, I see what you're saying. I just don't think I could do that so easily. Hey, different people, different ideas, though.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

lol, they can make a reality show out of anything!

I get ya, Razaki, though. She has moved past the Bible giving her aid in accepting it. That was just in the beginning before we even got together.

Man, she is the most amazing woman I've ever met. Stunningly beautiful, smart (almost done with her Ph.D.), she wants to change the world, and for some reason loves a dumb p***k like me.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Hehe, I don't know you personally at all, but you don't seem like a dumb p***k to me.

What is her almost-Ph.D. in?

Hehehe, reality show...I didn't even think about that. That's even better than just an animated show or something.

Showing 16-30 of 3228