ForumsGamesRenting vs Buying

136 23424
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Do you rent or buy your games or in other words if would you rather rent or buy games?

• 136 Replies
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Oh ya forgot to say that i buy more than i rent i would rent if it was a game that i wasn't sure was good most of the time i buy

kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

I would rent a game first to see if its good or if it was a single player only game.

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

you rent i usually buy and return if it sucks

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I usually buy, but sometimes, like you, I will rent some games if I am unsure of their gaming quality (or just really bored and don't feel like spending a lot of money).

deadhead50
deadhead50
342 posts
Nomad

i buy everything, renting around here is expensive and sometimes i dont get time to play the game within the 5 days i have it and if i do buy the game i look up vids and everything on it beforehand to make sure is decent, and if i buy it used its cheaper

koolkylekool
koolkylekool
247 posts
Nomad

I used to rent, because it's a good way of telling whether a title is worth your money, as some stores have only partial return policies where you don't get all your money back if the game case has been opened. But then the Hollywood Video near my place closed down, so I just watch reviews on Gametrailers.com.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I never rented mostly because I find it a bit off. I need time with my game, to learn the ins and outs, to have the freedom of time on my side when I'm achievement hunting.

However, renting is also good for games that you just want to get over with, not spend money on, and just get the achievements.

I know Achievements are a weak argument, but they're something to consider. Plus before my gaming status was "Industry Analyst" it was "Achievement Hunter"...

I should probably keep that second title... oh how i love that "bleep-bloop"

-Chillz

Jon010
Jon010
29 posts
Nomad

Buy good games or collector's editions.

Rent bad games and see whether they're good.

Of course, you can also

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

I download games :P

I recently downloaded Starcraft 2 and loved it soooo much I have bought it, should be here soon, cant wait, and I KNOW its £30 well spent.

I also recently downloaded D&D Daggerdale, and its the biggest pile of poop that they are selling for £30. Its a badly ported xbox game and even still has xbox icons on the PC version >
Its also not really true to the D&D style, with pre-determined chars and horribly clunky interface.
I will Buy daggerdale for £5 for the xbox, it will be a fun lil arcade game.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Buy I never rent dont see the point you may aswell buy

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

How about Download for Free :P. Nah that sucks.
I prefer buying cuz i can't rent.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Sometimes I rent games to see if I like them, sometimes I just buy games. I'd rather pay five-ten dollars to rent a game for a few days to test it rather than buying a game for fifty dollars that I might not like.

Tylerandcody
Tylerandcody
7 posts
Nomad

I always buy games never really rented

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

i dont rent i buy or get used

proshots
proshots