ForumsGamesRenting vs Buying

136 23421
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Do you rent or buy your games or in other words if would you rather rent or buy games?

• 136 Replies
DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
608 posts
Nomad

Well I guess you should rent the game first to see if it's something you're willing to spend a lot of money on. But Since I don't do that I just buy the game.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

all you have to do is watch reviews or trailers etc pretty easy to see if a games worth buying

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Let me tell you, Gamefly is worth the money.

KFK
KFK
1,052 posts
Nomad

I think it comes down to which game it is, if it's a good game and well know of course I would buy it but if I've never heard of that game before I would rent it and test it out.

In my country you can't rent games (in most places) so all you can do is buy it and look if it's rubbish or not. I usually make sure to look at reviews before purchasing games.

BCap27
BCap27
26 posts
Peasant

I almost always buy games these days because renting games is expensive,(I don't like the online game sites) and I haevily research a game before I go a buy it.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Movies; rather rent but often buy.

Flash Games; play free on AG.

Video Games; probably buy.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
608 posts
Nomad

Yeah buying is a lot better way to go. Why waste what ever it is 5.00 to 10.00 to rent a game? It's a waste of money in my opinion.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i used to rent ALL THE TIME as a kid and never bought unless its a sequel to a game i already owned and loved but nowadays i just buy the games taking the risk it might suck the only time i rent games is if i wanna try the same game on another console (like i do i have black ops on ps3 but wanna try it on the wii)

greentrev106
greentrev106
181 posts
Shepherd

I buy, and if it's not fun, I just return it or trade it in for a new game

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

I will usually buy the game because i can play it anytime possible.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
608 posts
Nomad

Well considering some of the new games are bad I might rent the game first.

stan4life
stan4life
95 posts
Nomad

Buy good games that i know i'll love (usualy games for consoles like WII or great series like AC, spore, etc), occasionaly I lend/borrow games wih friends so we can both try out some new games.
I also download some games but those are ussualy games I either already have (but for some reason they don't work, or when i want to play without CD's) or games that are prety old and hard to still find in shops (and I'm not planning on spending 30-40 bucks on a used game that used to cost 5 bucks new but since they took it of the market it supposed to be limited edition)
I realy don't see myself renting a game, you can usualy buy a decent (but older) game for the price of renting a new one If you're so desperate to try out a new game.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
608 posts
Nomad

Renting has it's purpose's. Why waste a lot of money on a game that isn't good. So people rent the game first to see if it's something to drop a lot of cash on.

ShopwornSoul
ShopwornSoul
102 posts
Nomad

I buy games if I think I'll really get my money's worth. If I'm really on the fence about a game I'll rent it, this has saved me sixty bucks on more than one occasion. Also, I can't afford to buy every game I'd like to play so being able to rent games is nice for the ones I'd like to fiddle with but can't justify paying the full retail.

So, both?

xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

Games are expensive I would rent them if the service was cheap.

Showing 16-30 of 136