ForumsGamesRenting vs Buying

136 23382
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Do you rent or buy your games or in other words if would you rather rent or buy games?

• 136 Replies
zeriox
zeriox
47 posts
Nomad

I prefer renting single player games like Assasins creed because i can beat it in a few hours and not play it ever again. I buy multiplayer games though.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Since Gamefly is pretty much the Netflix of videogames, I'm going with renting since you can play it as long as you want and send it back when you're done.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

I use to rent games until I found out that I can play the demos instead. Which are free.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

I use to rent games until I found out that I can play the demos instead. Which are free.

Of course, this comes with a downside, being, you can't play the full game, so you don't get the full experience.
Mooooooo
Mooooooo
528 posts
Nomad

I don't Rent, and I don't buy, I STEAL kekekekeke

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Of course, this comes with a downside, being, you can't play the full game, so you don't get the full experience.

Yea, but it gives me a taste of the game, and if I should buy it or not.
R0GU3SC0UT
R0GU3SC0UT
10 posts
Nomad

I'd rather buy from Game stop and if it's bad i get a FULL refund for it renting is to much of a hassle

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Right now i'm liking buying becuase i just bought this game warhawx for like 5 bucks used cheaper than any rent

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

I pretty much buy every game, to be honest. I haven't rented in years, but it's getting expensive to buy so I might start renting again.

ryuta123
ryuta123
37 posts
Nomad

I will say it depends on the game I thinking to buy. When it was a game that I knew was really good then i will buy it and not rent but when I don't know much then I will rent it.

Welterweight426
Welterweight426
21 posts
Nomad

Ive only ever rented once but I prefer to buy my games. Though I have occasionally borrowed games from friends.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I'd rather buy. I like being able to play the game after I'm done another day. I also like going back and messing with things if I can.

susilo
susilo
93 posts
Nomad

i rent first..
if that game is good...
i buy it...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I don't do either. The whole concept of paying for a game is just stupid to me.

If I'm desperate to play a game, which happens once in a blue moon or two, I'll just pay a visit to some online game site (sometimes this one) and play a flash game or two. It's free. Why should I go out and buy a console and then buy or rent more games for it if I can just play free ones on my PC for no cost at all?

I can't say I understand the logic of the younger generations.

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
260 posts
Nomad

I buy games that I know I will have a long time which are usually the ones that have a good multiplayer such as Call of Duty for an example. I usually don't rent games at all.

Showing 76-90 of 136