ForumsGamesRenting vs Buying

136 23379
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Do you rent or buy your games or in other words if would you rather rent or buy games?

• 136 Replies
Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

I normally buy my games, because I don't have time to play through a game quickly. I'd have to play it in small segments because of my schedule

I don't like renting unless I have a period of time where I can play the game I rented, if not I would rather buy and own a game so I can play it in small parts, thus making it more fun for me
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

if u gonna rent something a lot just buy it i want 2 at in to git it going

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

if u just care about beating a game 4 trophies like on ps3 rent

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

if u play the series of a game then by the next number to the series don't rent it

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I usually buy games, because if I really get into a rented game, I will have wasted money for renting. Plus, I read extensive reviews before even considering a game, so I usually end up buying it if it looks good.

manarion
manarion
87 posts
Nomad

i agree with dev why dont you play it at a friends house or read reviews as you said,

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

i agree with the 2 ppl above me 2 don't rent play at someones house or just watch reviews

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

buy games u know r good

johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

Buying is more profitable on the long run, but if you're short on cash/don't feel like keeping the game, then it's better to rent.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Buying is more profitable on the long run

Not at all. The problem with buying a new game from most retail stores is that you can't return it for your money back - they usually give you a store credit card to get something else or ask you to pick out another game, and some don't even do that. With renting you have the ability to test the game to see if you actually like it, then you see if you want to purchase the game or not.
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

I look up reviews, download the demo, then buy. Besides, if I already know it's good and I buy it, I don't want 7 days to figure it out and really enjoy the game.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Yeah, I look up reviews, look up some gameplay on YouTube, then I will probably rent it to see if I like it, if I don't rent it then I've made up my mind and will buy it. But sadly many people don't look up reviews nor gameplay of games before they buy them, so some end up wasting money on a game they don't really enjoy. And I don't often rent games for seven days, at the store around here they give you the option of one, three, five, and seven days; I normally rent for three, or if it looks like a long game then I go for five. But I never rent games like CoD or BF3 because I mainly use those for multiplayer, and I don't need to test multiplayer on those because I've played the previous CoD and BF games, and it is never that different from the previous ones.

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

i like to rent single player games or the ones it seems to be short.
i mostly buy multiplayer games then.

Marius2323
Marius2323
199 posts
Nomad

Buying.
Games like SSBB; i don't play it anymore, except times
mulitplayer.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Renting vs Buying

1 1st try the game illegaly and when i like it i go and buy it.
if i don't like it then i delete it.

kinda like when your going to buy a car. then you also 1st want to make a test-drive. only in the world of video games it is illegal =/
but the companys have done it themself. last 5/6 years ive barly seen any demo games anymore.
Showing 106-120 of 136