ForumsGamesRenting vs Buying

136 23410
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Do you rent or buy your games or in other words if would you rather rent or buy games?

• 136 Replies
dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

well, I would chose buying, because at that point, it is pretty popular. After when it not that popular, some games you can only rent.
I have to agree with Johnmerz. If you dont have the money and you are not certain, go with the "renting" choice.

auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

I always buy my games, I usually don't rent them. My friend rents games though, he rents a game and if he likes it he'll buy it, but he wastes money if he doesn't like it.

johnnyboy3636
johnnyboy3636
42 posts
Nomad

I buy because after I have beat it (or close to beating) get bored one day and try to beat it again.

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

Honestly i prefer to buy games. If you find a good source of reviews, you can usually find a game that you like without having to rent to see if it is good. My problem with renting is that you have to give the game back eventually, and i am the kind of person that will play games that i have owned for 3 years over again just because i remember them being fun. That is why i prefer to buy games.

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

I would only buy a game if it looked really good and fun and I've seen most of the gameplays, but if it's a risk I would rent it because if you buy it you waste 60 dollars and your done with the game and your bored. You get what I mean?

JDMASTA357
JDMASTA357
10 posts
Nomad

i like renting because you can play the game for a while and just send it back.Like GameFly or something like that,but buying is good for games that you have played before and like or that you have played through the series and enjoy playing.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I dont know if anyone farms gamerscore on the Xbox but the best thing to do is a rent an easy kid game like lego or Avatar the Last Airbender then play it long enough to get good gamerscore on it then take it back.

Another good quaility about renting is to see if new releases are good.

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUYING IS THE BEST

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I always prefer to buy! If I want to play a game, I want to play it on my own time and not on that of some superior renting power! If for some reason it takes me a year to complete a game, I want to have that option without having to pay for the game more than once!

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I buy because with renting, you must give it back, no matter how much you like the multiplayer or replayability it must be returned. Buying allows you to go back and play the story over. So that's why I buy.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I buy because with renting, you must give it back, no matter how much you like the multiplayer or replayability it must be returned. Buying allows you to go back and play the story over. So that's why I buy.

Renting means you can play the game for a few days for around three-five dollars to see if you actually like it and see if it's worth buying. With buying you can't return it and you lose money if you don't like the game.

Rent the game then buy it if you think it's good enough.
Slyeris
Slyeris
1 posts
Nomad

I buy majority of my games, but there's always those games that you're never sure about. So what do you do to make sure that the game is good or not? You rent them. Works great for me, I've found tons of games that other people rated poorly that I love. It's basically personal preference, because some people are willing to buy the game, and then bring it all the way back to the store to return it if they don't like it.

MyTeddy
MyTeddy
34 posts
Nomad

I used to rent to see if I liked the game or not, but now I do some research on the game and then buy if I want.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Renting is better than buying. I use GameFly to try out games first so I won't waste money in games that aren't good. I managed to save about $180 on 3 new games that came out that I didn't like.

miniphu
miniphu
72 posts
Nomad

now I do some research on the game and then buy if I want.

I take a similar approach. I usually wait for my friends to play part of the game, and I see for myself whether I'm interested. I much prefer buying games, especially since I haven't played a lot of older ones, which are really cheap to buy used anyway. The games I prefer also would suck to have to return since I like RPGs.
Showing 121-135 of 136