ForumsSupport Forum[Necro] Can you get a virus from playing a game here?

6 8733
YepYepYep
YepYepYep
35 posts
Nomad

I played a new game here and within about ten minutes I was hit with a nasty conhost / proxy server virus/trojan and had to do a lot of work to get rid of it and reset my settings. So, I am just curious if it is possible to infect your computer by playing a game here. Some games also save on your computer. Do they test and check the games first for any viruses before posting it on Armorgames.com?

• 6 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

What was the game that you played that you got the virus while playing?
i've never gotten a virus from a game on AG.

bluestriker30
bluestriker30
20 posts
Nomad

Yeah i havent had a virus and i have been on armorgames for about 2 years so it was probably a virus for something else

YepYepYep
YepYepYep
35 posts
Nomad

The game was called Warp Game it happened last night and I finally got it fixed now. I really don't know where it came from since I wasn't really doing anything else at that time. I don't really know much about how viruses work, so maybe it is possible it just started to give security warnings, popups, proxy, and internet shutdown at that time.

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

I think they check for viruses before putting the games on the site. If I had to guess, it came from somewhere else.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I played Warp Game a few hours ago and I didn't get a virus or security warning.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I guess you can't get one if you got protection for them.
But one users had a link to a virus at his profile.

Showing 1-6 of 6